2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received 8/24, 515 MCAT, cGPA 3.89, sGPA 3.91, OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bit late on this - IS/MAMS II received 8/8, complete 7/22, LM67!

Given that BU is considered 'low-yield'... do you guys think it's a bit late to apply here?

Given that BU is considered 'low-yield'... do you guys think it's a bit late to apply here?
If you have high stats, in-state or great mission fit/ECs I say go for it. If not, it might be wiser to put your effort/money towards other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now, submitted 06/28. Does anyone know if BUSM is rolling in terms of decisions?

Reactions: 3 users
II just now, submitted 06/28. Does anyone know if BUSM is rolling in terms of decisions?
this is surprising because I've seen in previous threads that they went in strict numerical order. Good surprise to see them pick up some earlier applicants too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this is surprising because I've seen in previous threads that they went in strict numerical order. Good surprise to see them pick up some earlier applicants too.
yeah thought i was out of the running for sure! And I'm pretty sure i made a grammatical error somewhere in the 2ndry essay too lol

I have interviews from quite a few "low yield" schools, even schools which are considered THE low yield. & I have other interviews from state schools for which I have no ties. Imagine if I listened to all the nay-sayers.
I also just submitted my secondary to BostonU last night. So let's hope its not too late. I honestly think if your stats fit or are better and you are genuinely interested in the school it may come across to the committee and they'll be interested in you. Just my 2 cents.

For those who have II, do you guys know how to prepare for the BUSM Overview Session with Dr. Kristen Goodell, or if we have to prepare at all?

II, OOS complete 8/2

For those who have II, do you guys know how to prepare for the BUSM Overview Session with Dr. Kristen Goodell, or if we have to prepare at all?
No, you don't need to prepare. I participated in the session yesterday, and it was just an opportunity for applicants to get to know BUSM better and ask questions. I would just enjoy it!

Reactions: 3 users
No, you don't need to prepare. I participated in the session yesterday, and it was just an opportunity for applicants to get to know BUSM better and ask questions. I would just enjoy it!
Is it okay to dress a bit more on the casual side for it, or would you recommend business casual?

has BU sent out any rejections? Tons of people were rejected in August/Sept last year

Just got an R... OOS, LM 80.6, complete 7/24

• Sad
To those who've had interviews, were you told who your interviewer was beforehand? If yes, where on the site did it show that?

A little concerned… complete 7/22 and no word. Hoping it’s a good thing!

They email you the zoom link with your interviewer like 2 days in advance.
Thank you for the info! I have an interview on Wednesday but still haven't received the link so I'm a bit worried. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow before contacting them

Also complete 7/13 and no word :/
I don’t think it’s a bad thing if they’ve rejected people complete later than you. It either means they’re considering you or haven’t looked at your app yet

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t think it’s a bad thing if they’ve rejected people complete later than you. It either means they’re considering you or haven’t looked at your app yet
Yeah it really makes me wonder if they’ve seen it or not. I didn’t know if they reviewed an app multiple times in consideration for an interview or not!

I have an interview tomorrow but still haven’t received the zoom link or my interviewer name. Is that normal?

Current M1 at BUSM just wanted to pop in and answer some questions I saw:
1. From my experience, it seems BUSM does go in order with how applications come in, but this rule mostly applies to order of R's. Also want to add that hearing nothing is usually a good thing. For example, if others got an R who applied after you, and you haven't heard back, that usually means you are still being considered.
2. Interview info comes via email anywhere from 18-24 hours before your interview time. If you don't hear anything, just email admissions they will help out
3. BU is NOT rolling admissions. We accept in 2 batches - the first being in December and the second in March. Very few A's go out in December though so don't lose hope!

I won't check this very often but feel free to ask any more questions and I can get back whenever I am on SDN.

Reactions: 7 users