2022-2023 Boston University

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is surprising because I've seen in previous threads that they went in strict numerical order. Good surprise to see them pick up some earlier applicants too.
yeah thought i was out of the running for sure! And I'm pretty sure i made a grammatical error somewhere in the 2ndry essay too lol
 
Given that BU is considered 'low-yield'... do you guys think it's a bit late to apply here?
I have interviews from quite a few "low yield" schools, even schools which are considered THE low yield. & I have other interviews from state schools for which I have no ties. Imagine if I listened to all the nay-sayers.
I also just submitted my secondary to BostonU last night. So let's hope its not too late. I honestly think if your stats fit or are better and you are genuinely interested in the school it may come across to the committee and they'll be interested in you. Just my 2 cents.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you don't need to prepare. I participated in the session yesterday, and it was just an opportunity for applicants to get to know BUSM better and ask questions. I would just enjoy it!
Is it okay to dress a bit more on the casual side for it, or would you recommend business casual?
 
To those who've had interviews, were you told who your interviewer was beforehand? If yes, where on the site did it show that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think it’s a bad thing if they’ve rejected people complete later than you. It either means they’re considering you or haven’t looked at your app yet
Yeah it really makes me wonder if they’ve seen it or not. I didn’t know if they reviewed an app multiple times in consideration for an interview or not!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M1 at BUSM just wanted to pop in and answer some questions I saw:
1. From my experience, it seems BUSM does go in order with how applications come in, but this rule mostly applies to order of R's. Also want to add that hearing nothing is usually a good thing. For example, if others got an R who applied after you, and you haven't heard back, that usually means you are still being considered.
2. Interview info comes via email anywhere from 18-24 hours before your interview time. If you don't hear anything, just email admissions they will help out
3. BU is NOT rolling admissions. We accept in 2 batches - the first being in December and the second in March. Very few A's go out in December though so don't lose hope!

I won't check this very often but feel free to ask any more questions and I can get back whenever I am on SDN.