2022-2023 Case Western

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 alternate list. Was really excited and thought my interview went OK, but I guess not. Hopefully will get off the list but it seems like that won't happen until summer if at all. Interviewed 10/19
 
There can be. It just depends on the year and it's really hard to predict what will it will look like in the spring. We took a little over 30 people off our alternate list this last spring.
@CWRU.Sman are you able to give numbers on how many students were placed on the Alternate List last year? And how many for this year as well?
 
Each time I get an email telling me to pursue their master's program in anatomy, anesthesia, etc. (which is like 3x a week now), I get a blow to my self-esteem...just tell me I'm rejected already 😞
 
II Recieved for CWRU med school 11/21/22, complete like 8/30

Is the Post II rate for CWRU low? I have read that they send interview invites to a lot of people
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received II last week, so grateful!! Is it preferred that we send post-II updates before the interview date?
Can't you maybe update it in the interview and mention it? I know most med school portals allow you to make updates at any point in time now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been complete since July...really hoping for an II since this is one of my top choices. Does CWRU accept any pre-II updates or letters of interest?
I found this:

Updates are only accepted from applicants in the categories listed below. If your application is placed into one of these categories the ability to upload updates to your application will become available on the Status page.

Invited for an Interview
On Hold for a Future Interview
Alternate List
 
if we haven’t been rejected yet and were complete early august, does it mean we are still under consideration?
Yes! Remember how long it took you to complete AMCAS and secondary applications? It takes us (admissions) a long time to read through everything plus letters of recommendation. I just came from a national meeting and saw many of my admissions friends and screening is the #1 pain point for admissions teams. Many of us don't have armies of screeners like some undergraduate admissions offices and the med school application is way more indepth than the Common Application. The bottomline is, with small admissions teams this just takes time.
 
Yes! Remember how long it took you to complete AMCAS and secondary applications? It takes us (admissions) a long time to read through everything plus letters of recommendation. I just came from a national meeting and saw many of my admissions friends and screening is the #1 pain point for admissions teams. Many of us don't have armies of screeners like some undergraduate admissions offices and the med school application is way more indepth than the Common Application. The bottomline is, with small admissions teams this just takes time.

Thank you so much for the response!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad