You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
See this is the energy we need. Congrats!Interviewed 9/7. Deffered 10/17. Got the A today, 12/6. There's hope guys :')
Sent in a update letter, IS
la vida loca
Full Member
I wanted to submit an update letter but can’t find a place in the portal for it. Do we have to email them the letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thincrustpizza
New Member
yes! they accept 2 updates and the email to send them to is [email protected]
la vida loca
Full Member
Thank you!yes! they accept 2 updates and the email to send them to is [email protected]
Caught the R
30RockFan
Full Member
I need to take the final quarter of physics, and my local community college only offers it online. Here is what Geisinger’s website says about prerequisites: “Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)”
The pandemic is obviously still going on, but the college does have some in-person classes (but not for the course I need.) Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks!
The pandemic is obviously still going on, but the college does have some in-person classes (but not for the course I need.) Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks!
Unless schools once again emergency-close down and move to a "mostly online-only" situation, then I don't think it will be accepted by Geisinger unless you ask for an exception and they grant it (unlikely, but you never know).I need to take the final quarter of physics, and my local community college only offers it online. Here is what Geisinger’s website says about prerequisites: “Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)”
The pandemic is obviously still going on, but the college does have some in-person classes (but not for the course I need.) Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks!
30RockFan
Full Member
Do you think I could request an exception before taking it? The class would start in January 2023 and I would need it done before entering in Fall 2023. The only community college in my state that offers it in-person that term is 1.5 hours away from me.Unless schools once again emergency-close down and move to a "mostly online-only" situation, then I don't think it will be accepted by Geisinger unless you ask for an exception and they grant it (unlikely, but you never know).
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but that's just my opinion.Do you think I could request an exception before taking it? The class would start in January 2023 and I would need it done before entering in Fall 2023. The only community college in my state that offers it in-person that term is 1.5 hours away from me.
R from Geisinger 12/14. I submitted my secondary to them 10/6, ORM, OOS, LM and WARS is 70 and 71 respectively.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
I’m OOS and didn’t include that in my app.for people that got as ii for here and are oos, did you guys specify your connections with the area or your desire to practice in the region in the future?
+1I’m OOS and didn’t include that in my app.
Does anyone have information or advice on the Abigail Geisinger scholars interview?
Does anyone know when results usually come out for Geisinger? It seems like they do not send out As as often as other schools
Alien Ai
Full Member
Is it separate than the regular interview? I expressed interest in the program too but my interview email didn't mention anything specifically about the programDoes anyone have information or advice on the Abigail Geisinger scholars interview?
Yes, it's separate. They'll send you more information about it after your interview.Is it separate than the regular interview? I expressed interest in the program too but my interview email didn't mention anything specifically about the program
do we know if geisinger accepts letters of intent? i interviewed here 10/3, got deferred on 11/7, and haven't heard anything back since. i also applied for the abigail geisinger scholars program, so i'm wondering if that may be contributing to them not getting back to me right away. nevertheless, i was debating sending in a LOI since this is my top choice and i would love to go here. also, i know that they accept updates, but i haven't been doing anything new in terms of experiences. just continuing to scribe FT and volunteer, so not rly anything to update them on.
some info on my application:
in-state
GPA- 3.76
MCAT- 506
experiences- couple thousand hours scribing, couple hundred hours volunteering w/ CTL, hundreds of hours of research w/ honors thesis, hundreds of hours as peer mentor work experience, about 70 hours doing online shadowing, and some hobbies (hiking, playing flute and piano)
sorry this is so long, but just wanted to get some opinions on what i should do. thanks!
edit: this is one of two interviews i have received so far (received a DO interview which i had on 11/10, haven't heard back from them either)
some info on my application:
in-state
GPA- 3.76
MCAT- 506
experiences- couple thousand hours scribing, couple hundred hours volunteering w/ CTL, hundreds of hours of research w/ honors thesis, hundreds of hours as peer mentor work experience, about 70 hours doing online shadowing, and some hobbies (hiking, playing flute and piano)
sorry this is so long, but just wanted to get some opinions on what i should do. thanks!
edit: this is one of two interviews i have received so far (received a DO interview which i had on 11/10, haven't heard back from them either)
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
I would send a letter of interest/ intent as soon as possibledo we know if geisinger accepts letters of intent? i interviewed here 10/3, got deferred on 11/7, and haven't heard anything back since. i also applied for the abigail geisinger scholars program, so i'm wondering if that may be contributing to them not getting back to me right away. nevertheless, i was debating sending in a LOI since this is my top choice and i would love to go here. also, i know that they accept updates, but i haven't been doing anything new in terms of experiences. just continuing to scribe FT and volunteer, so not rly anything to update them on.
some info on my application:
in-state
GPA- 3.76
MCAT- 506
experiences- couple thousand hours scribing, couple hundred hours volunteering w/ CTL, hundreds of hours of research w/ honors thesis, hundreds of hours as peer mentor work experience, about 70 hours doing online shadowing, and some hobbies (hiking, playing flute and piano)
sorry this is so long, but just wanted to get some opinions on what i should do. thanks!
edit: this is one of two interviews i have received so far (received a DO interview which i had on 11/10, haven't heard back from them either)
that is all the confirmation i need. will surely send that. thanks!I would send a letter of interest/ intent as soon as possible
edit: upon reading up more about LOIs, it seems that they can hurt your chances. does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this? i don't want the letter to end up hurting me as opposed to helping me
Last edited:
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
How does it hurt? From what I’ve heard it helps cuz it shows you’re fully committed to their program and really want to be there. Can’t hurt to say that imothat is all the confirmation i need. will surely send that. thanks!
edit: upon reading up more about LOIs, it seems that they can hurt your chances. does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this? i don't want the letter to end up hurting me as opposed to helping me
i read through this thread:How does it hurt? From what I’ve heard it helps cuz it shows you’re fully committed to their program and really want to be there. Can’t hurt to say that imo
now idk what to do lol. still leaning towards sending it though
pm mecan someone share insight into their interview experience? i'm interviewing here soon and wanted to learn more about what it was like! thank you!
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Anyone know when scholars program is released?
canyonmoon528
Full Member
Does anyone have any information about the campus visit for interviewees on Jan. 30? I am trying to access the form from my invite but it isn't working and there doesn't seem to be any information on the website. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone share insight into their interview experience? i'm interviewing here soon and wanted to learn more about what it was like! thank you!
everyone was really nice and happy to be there. relax and you'll do great 🙂pm me
happy new year! could you share a bit more about the MMI? was it actor-based or situational? were they all ethical questions?everyone was really nice and happy to be there. relax and you'll do great 🙂
misshighenergy
Full Member
anyone know when they send out the times for the AM interview with the link? I just have an interview confirmation and date with AM session.
My interview day info was sent 4 days prior. And I believe the start times are consistent so the AM session started at 9:15 and interview portion was 10:15anyone know when they send out the times for the AM interview with the link? I just have an interview confirmation and date with AM session.
username2727
New Member
Got the acceptance letter for Abigail Geisinger scholars program in spam, does anyone know if the acceptance form that we need to complete is binding to the program or the school in general?
you apply when you apply to the school I believe?? there was an option for it in the portal for secondaryDoes anyone know when applications open for the Abigail Scholars Program?
thincrustpizza
New Member
any recent II here?
any recent A's?
Not till next week I’m afraid 😕any recent A's?
Thank you for your answer! Can I ask how you know when the results are coming out?Not till next week I’m afraid 😕
I think the trend has been around the 15th of the monthThank you for your answer! Can I ask how you know when the results are coming out?
ooooohnoooo
Full Member
Pre II-R, Complete 9/9
“Deferred interview decision until later date.”
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
Just got an email saying I am deferred and will hear back again on a different date. What's the difference between a hold and deferral?
Also got deferral
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who got a deferral, when did u interview?
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
I have not interviewed. They "elected to defer an interview decision until a later date"for those who got a deferral, when did u interview?
i interviewed 10/3 and got deferred 11/7for those who got a deferral, when did u interview?