You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Never acted with them. I acted with Vermont (top choice for OOS now 🙂) but not for Geisinger. Geisinger just presents the question.Did the interviewers themselves act out a scenario and you had to have a conversation with them? Or literally was it just they present the question and dont speak after?
taguylla2
Full Member
Last question 😊 Were there any team based questions? Like ones where you had another interviewee and had to work together with them? Thanks for your help!Never acted with them. I acted with Vermont (top choice for OOS now 🙂) but not for Geisinger. Geisinger just presents the question.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No team work in the interview, though I hope there’s team work at the school itself.Last question 😊 Were there any team based questions? Like ones where you had another interviewee and had to work together with them? Thanks for your help!
I second this, I interview this Friday, trying to prepare as best I can!for those that interviewed, what was the format of the MMI? were you faced with actors or you just had to talk out what you would do in a specific situation?
MCATThiccy thanks so much for this! Extremely helpful.Don’t be nervous. I was not asked any abortion questions or a Why Us or a Tell us about you. It’s more situational and ethical. Think, “You see a chihuahua steal a pizza from Dominos. What do you do?” Or “Describe what empathy/sympathy/whatever means to you and why it’s important for physicians.” Or “You see a doctor hit the nae nae mid operation, what do you do?”
In general, look up abortion laws and consent laws in each state that you have an MMI in.
Here’s a link to get started: Parental Consent & Notification Laws | Teen Abortion Laws
You will be given 8 minutes total: 2 minutes to snack and read a prompt, and 6 minutes to vocalize your answer. I recommend answering the question in 2 to 3 minutes. This will allow the interviewer to ask any follow up questions that they may have.
In general, address the situation, attempt to pull from a previous experience, and answer the question. If given a complex question, like seeing a physician drinking liquor while working, it’s always a good idea to say, “… and I would contact someone above me and see if we can have another physician come in to work as a replacement. Then, I would also address why the physician came into work intoxicated. Is she having personal issues? What can we do to help her out personally?”
It’s always a good idea to at least try to pull from personal experiences, as this will make answering easier and make your answers memorable and stand out.
For instance, “This actually happened to me. My friend’s chihuahua stole thirteen pizzas last week. My friend and I address the chihuahua’s thievery by…” and then you give your answer.
If you cannot think of a personal example, it’s fine to use examples that you saw happen to others.
For instance, “I shadowed Dr. Thiccy and he dealt with a medication error, such as this question states. He called the Psychiatrist and asked why exactly the patient was getting such a high dosage of Depakote. The Psychiatrist became aware of the dosage and lowered it to a quarter. So, to answer your question, I would call the specialist and simply ask why the dosage is such a way. Every moment is a teaching moment. Maybe there’s something that I don’t know yet. By asking, I may learn, or the mistake may be address in a non confrontational manner and be changed accordingly.”
MMIs are nothing to worry about, seriously. They’re actually kind of fun now!
Thiccy out!
No problem! It's my pleasure to help you! <3MCATThiccy thanks so much for this! Extremely helpful.
taguylla2
Full Member
Were you allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes? And how many stations total? And were there really silly questions like the examples you gave?No problem! It's my pleasure to help you! <3
No silly questions. I’m a silly person in general. Just what would you do and you see something happening type questions. Like 7 stations if I recall correctly. The notes depend on the interview group apparently la they told us no notes but I guess they told another group that notes are okay.Were you allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes? And how many stations total? And were there really silly questions like the examples you gave?
We’re getting the results of the first round of interviewers this Saturday right? I’m so nervous
Hopefully they stick with the 15th. And it better be by 12 AM on the 15th too.We’re getting the results of the first round of interviewers this Saturday right? I’m so nervous
I just don't understand why every school couldn't come out and say they were either sticking to the date or, given that falls on a Saturday, they are going to move it to next Monday. like that would save us so much angst. but nope!Hopefully they stick with the 15th. And it better be by 12 AM on the 15th too.
Well, I interviewed in Oct, so it isn't even relevant to me 🤣
I'm so nervous that I can't even sleep.
No matter what happens, we did our best. I wish us all the best.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn't it Oct 17? That's what MSAR says
can you post a screenshot of the date on msar if you dont mind?
This information is not very reliable -- especially since the year is wrong (2023 instead of 2022)
Of course it isn't, that would be too easy.This information is not very reliable -- especially since the year is wrong (2023 instead of 2022)
Yeah!Anyone going to Geisinger for Recruitment day tomorrow?
Nothing yet on my endanyone hear anything?
Was it an email or aphone call or through the portal?Just got the A
Was it an email or aphone call or through the portal?
Waitlisted, and while on campus grounds for their recruitment day.
Anyone else waitlisted, deferred or accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw I'm sorry. I hope you get accepted eventually. Rooting for you!Waitlisted, and while on campus grounds for their recruitment day.
I know you will make a fantastic physician. Keeping my fingers crossed for youWaitlisted, and while on campus grounds for their recruitment day.
Does anyone know if the Abigail Geisinger scholars program will prevent you from pursuing fellowships? I know that you would have to do ur residency in IM, FM, peds, or psychiatry. Would you still be able to sub specialize in those fields? Can’t seem to find any info on this.
Deferred to next admsissions meeting lol What does this even mean
Deferred to next admsissions meeting lol What does this even mean
Same here. I think this means waitlist?
No lol people actually get waitlisted here which is why im confused lolSame here. I think this means waitlist?
I think it means that the committee is on the fence about you and are waiting to judge you in comparison to the other interview cohorts instead of your own interview cohort.
D
deleted1128833
I interviewed on 9/21 and heard nothing yesterday... anyone else?
la vida loca
Full Member
Kind of late to the party, but received II in mid August and earliest date to interview was Nov 30th RIP
Just heard of the one A on here. A lot of people got deferments to the next ADCOM meeting. Could mean they are waiting to sift through the coming applicant pools to build the classit seems like they've been relatively quiet about A's?
misshighenergy
Full Member
just filled out the recruitment day survey for the november one. Anyone know when they send out info about it. I didn’t even get a confirmation for signing up..
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
also curious about this, signed up awhile ago and haven't received confirmation or info. any idea what kind of attire should be worn?just filled out the recruitment day survey for the november one. Anyone know when they send out info about it. I didn’t even get a confirmation for signing up..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same I only saw that one A on here too. But that is plausible. I guess we might have to wait another month for some more movement.Just heard of the one A on here. A lot of people got deferments to the next ADCOM meeting. Could mean they are waiting to sift through the coming applicant pools to build the class
Generic