2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received, IS, complete late September. Interview dates in February. Wondering if emailing in a couple weeks to ask if I could re-schedule for a closer date is an option?

LM 70, WARS in the low 80s

I’m in the same boat but out of state. Wonder if I can reschedule as well as I had to pick in February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anyone who went to the October visitation day give a rough outline of what you did that day/what time is started/ended? Trying to plan travel for the Nov visit date and they still havent sent any info
Hey,

so it started around 11 - but they told us to arrive by 10:45 i think. There was a presentation, then financial aid talk, followed by a tour, and lunch with the m1 tour guides after. After lunch we had an interactive learning session thing and met with student affairs peeps for the low down on stuff on campus. Finally we rounded off the day at 3ish with a faculty meet and greet and everyone filtered out by 4ish. I hope that helps!
 
can anyone who went to the October visitation day give a rough outline of what you did that day/what time is started/ended? Trying to plan travel for the Nov visit date and they still havent sent any info
8F6EAD53-448C-45C2-9DE2-8054F227A5CD.jpeg
 
Hey,

so it started around 11 - but they told us to arrive by 10:45 i think. There was a presentation, then financial aid talk, followed by a tour, and lunch with the m1 tour guides after. After lunch we had an interactive learning session thing and met with student affairs peeps for the low down on stuff on campus. Finally we rounded off the day at 3ish with a faculty meet and greet and everyone filtered out by 4ish. I hope that helps!

Thank you so much I appreciate it!!
 
I got an II this morning as well! Congrats! My first available date was in late Feb though.. I wonder why there is such a large difference between interview dates.
The other person got a cancelled spot (or the general rumors are true that schools give earlier II dates to candidates they like more).

But other than that, everyone getting IIs for the past week have gotten February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know what? I got a question: why did some people who interviewed the week or day after me get a waitlist (or really, any decision) and I have just gotten silence post II?
I'm just confused mathematically about how they are still sending out invites and not letting people know about As?? between this school and Quinnipiac, i genuinely am not seeing adcom's logic
 
Has anyone else gotten an email that the admissions committee has "elected to defer an interview decision until a later date"?? Am I just in hold limbo now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would it be rude/look negative if I emailed asking for an earlier date (anything earlier than february lol)? Just something along the lines of I really like this school and I'd love the chance to interview earlier if there are any cancellations, etc?
 
From last year's thread, someone posted the days they sent out A's for oct and nov:

2021-22:
  • Oct 15 (Fri) ~11-2pm
  • **Prediction** Nov 15 (Mon) ~12pm
  • Actual: Nov 16 (Tues) ~9am
2020-21:
  • Oct 15 (Thurs) 3-4pm
  • Nov 16 (Mon) 3-4pm
2019-20:
  • Oct 15 (Tues) 2-3pm
  • Nov 15 (Fri) 9-10am
2018-19:
  • Oct 16 (Tues) ~2pm
  • Nov 12 (Mon) ~3pm