2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if letters of intent should be emailed or uploaded to the portal?
i uploaded mine to the portal!

Members don't see this ad.

i uploaded mine to the portal!
Did you send your letter of intent after you got your interview decision? I interviewed 2 weeks ago and I am considering sending it because I love GW and would def go if I got in but I was going to wait for my post-ii decision

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the waitlist movement like?
Decent amt past on past few years and threads on SDN, but GW doesn't release how many people they place on the waitlist and how many they take off on MSAR so unclear. Usually based on past threads small waitlist movement starts end of April and then there is more movement into May and June

Did you send your letter of intent after you got your interview decision? I interviewed 2 weeks ago and I am considering sending it because I love GW and would def go if I got in but I was going to wait for my post-ii decision
I would wait until after you get your decision. In the case that you're waitlisted, you will have something to write to them. If you submit LOI before your decision and then get waitlisted, then you've played all your cards.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know when the alternate list starts to move?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know when the alternate list starts to move?
Look at past sdn threads but probably not until End of April (April 30th) when students have to narrow down their choices to 1 med school

Reactions: 1 user
Been on hold since like early Sept with 0 contact since, sent an update a few weeks back and nothing. Should I just assume that it's an R now at this point?

Withdrawing my A, best of luck to those that are still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any insights into if there is any chance left at GW for an II :)

Would love to be in DC area but am still on hold and feeling like II here are done

Tytyty!

Has any decisions or ii been released on Friday? Can’t read gw haha I feel like not much as been reported recently ! Best of luck y’all.

Has any decisions or ii been released on Friday? Can’t read gw haha I feel like not much as been reported recently ! Best of luck y’all.
No idea mine was released on a Wed. I feel like it's usually tues or wed but who knows

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my acceptance here, best of luck to everyone in the running!! <3

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! Pre-II R :( received 02-06-2023 11:40am EST, submitted and was complete Jul 18, 2022. Secondary received 07/05. CASPer 4th Quartile. Application update sent Oct 25 2022 - had some important additions.

Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad). Rock climbing as a hobby for a while, spent a good amount of time on my essays/descriptions focusing on Dr. Grays suggestions (I thought).

No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Goodluck to you all!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R. Complete early July, placed on hold shortly thereafter.

+1, not sure if it was just mine but the random font change throughout paragraphs softened the blow a little lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Post-II alternate pool!

Interviewed on 01/26, DC resident.

Blowing my mind that I’m seven interviews deep with seven WLs, time to blast those update letters and so forth.

• Care