2022-2023 George Washington

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
at this point is it likely feb/march interviewees may wait the 8 weeks or should we expect an update sooner? not sure how it was last year
 
I have a question I’m going to throw out to the “group”. I interpreted the AAMC traffic rules (and I think they’re rules and not guidelines 🤔) for admissions officers as (basically): everyone who was interviewed should know our status by March 15th. Is that the same interpretation everybody else has?

I’m talking about rule 4 on this page. I guess, based on their wording, they can notify AMCAS and not us 🤔. Thoughts?
 
I have a question I’m going to throw out to the “group”. I interpreted the AAMC traffic rules (and I think they’re rules and not guidelines 🤔) for admissions officers as (basically): everyone who was interviewed should know our status by March 15th. Is that the same interpretation everybody else has?

I’m talking about rule 4 on this page. I guess, based on their wording, they can notify AMCAS and not us 🤔. Thoughts?
No, that isn't what that says. Rule 4 specifically states that schools must issue a number of acceptances up to their expected class size and inform AMCAS. It doesn't really say anything about informing all interviewees of their decision. However, I would expect all interviewees to hear back before mid-April when WL movement starts. I know the wait sucks 🙁
 
Yeah I mean they specifically use the words "recommendations" and "guidelines" multiple times before they even get to the "rules", so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the dates that they propose. I know it's super stressful to wait on decisions, but take a deep breath and think about putting that white coat on. We got this 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been there. Sending much love and support to you! What helped me during this time was staying optimistic and enjoying my favorite takeout and tv shows with a friend or a partner. Take care of yourself and always be proud of what you've accomplished.
thank you so much!! i appreciate you
 
A reminder to treat each other with kindness, especially as decisions come out.

Here is a photo of a dog:

3900F7C0-D96E-45AE-AC80-50DA605696F1.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I was accepted to GW last Tuesday, March 14th after interviewing in mid-February! It was my first and only interview this cycle, so please never ever give up hope - I am proof that all it takes is one. I am also a non-trad and second-time reapplicant, so I know how grueling this process is. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out. I have met some incredible students on SDN who gave me amazing interview advice so I really want to give back to help others in my shoes! I'm rooting for you all!
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone. I just want to say this admissions process is pretty rough, NGL. I'm feeling it, and sounds like others are as well. Just living with pure uncertainty about where the future will take us... it's hard. We gotta keep our eyes on the prize these last couple months 🤩 and if it doesn't work out, try again, or find other ways to make the most of this time we've been blessed with. Sending big ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 to all
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad