2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Forgot to post earlier. Interview invite on 12/19 for interview date of 2/9. Good luck, y'all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If I am planning on writing a letter of intent should I email it to the dean of admissions the admissions committee, or just upload it to the portal. I don't see a option for letter of intent on the portal (just letter of interest) so this is why I am asking.

has anybody gotten off the WL?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I am planning on writing a letter of intent should I email it to the dean of admissions the admissions committee, or just upload it to the portal. I don't see a option for letter of intent on the portal (just letter of interest) so this is why I am asking.
I believe you should upload it to the portal and not email them with it!

On hold since idk when since I was never sent an email, pre-II R today :(

• Care
On hold since August....expecting the pre II R anytime...just received two yesterday! Thank goodness for Biostatistics masters program that I'll be starting!

Reactions: 1 users
Have any new students received financial aid/scholarships from GW?

Members don't see this ad :)
A via email 1 pm EST, interviewed 1/5/23

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
how long does it usually take for GW to send decisions?

is there an accepted students group chat somewhere? :)
I just got an email from gwadmit that admitted students (class of 2027) will be assigned a student ambassador and that we'll get info about FB groups mid-February? Was kind of hoping to get a head start on the housing and roommate search tho haha. More time to prepare questions I guess :)

Does anyone know which dates are getting scheduled for interviews? Still on hold, and GW always has been my first choice :'(

I just got an email from gwadmit that admitted students (class of 2027) will be assigned a student ambassador and that we'll get info about FB groups mid-February? Was kind of hoping to get a head start on the housing and roommate search tho haha. More time to prepare questions I guess :)
Yeah me too! I don't think GW has dorms though :(. Anyhow so excited to start this new adventure!

A via email 1 pm EST, interviewed 1/5/23
WAIT!!! I just saw this “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” My hearts racing. Idk what that means and I don’t have any emails from em.

[edit] apparently it does not necessarily mean a good thing. I'm so scared rn.
Why do you say it’s not a good thing?

forgot to share— II invite on 1/6 for late february date!

edit: complete early july, placed on hold shortly after

Reactions: 2 users
Preciate the love and support from y’all. This **** hurt me a lot.

• Care
Can I ask how you thought your interview went? I feel for you -- reapplicant sending support
I mean I could’ve done better, but I don’t think it was bad. I’m normally good at talking and interviewing so I feel like that wasn’t the reason.

I mean I could’ve done better, but I don’t think it was bad. I’m normally good at talking and interviewing so I feel like that wasn’t the reason.
There are so many amazing applicants, including those like yourself, that makes this process so hard. It’s choosing a team with a surplus of incredibly talented people. Try to keep your head up and know that where you will go is where you are meant to be. Sending all love and support to you!!
You’re an amazing applicant and you’re going to be an amazing doctor!!! Be proud of yourself. A rejection is a redirection my friend!

• Care
  • Love
There are so many amazing applicants, including those like yourself, that makes this process so hard. It’s choosing a team with a surplus of incredibly talented people. Try to keep your head up and know that where you will go is where you are meant to be. Sending all love and support to you!!
You’re an amazing applicant and you’re going to be an amazing doctor!!! Be proud of yourself. A rejection is a redirection my friend!
Thank you. Just going to keep my head up.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Submitted secondary 9/6, II 11/1, Interviewed 1/13 and thought it went very well.
Logged in to the portal today to submit a letter of interest and saw I was chosen as an alternate & didn't receive an email. Sending everyone good vibes <3.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Submitted secondary 9/6, II 11/1, Interviewed 1/13 and thought it went very well.
Logged in to the portal today to submit a letter of interest and saw I was chosen as an alternate & didn't receive an email. Sending everyone good vibes <3.
You’ll get an email soon, the portal gets updated first

Keep your head high! Believe in You
did it get updated today?

Anyone have any idea on the chance to get in off the wait list? I'm guessing it is pretty low. :(

I thought GW's post II acceptance rate was 27.87%. I'm really sorry though it sucks
Post II acceptance rate I believe also takes into consideration people given A's after being on waitlist. Waitlist movement is possible ( see past threads), but GW is very vague about how many people they put on a waitlist and how many people they take off.

So sorry! Can't believe GW gives out post interview rejections. Thought it was highly unlikely if you get an interview...
Also could be reporting bias. I feel like most people don’t want/won’t report post II R’s

Never posted on here but got the A in early November! Submitted September & interviewed in October. Very weak ECs (WARS in the 50s 😐), but good stats (LM >75).

This would’ve been more valuable earlier in the cycle but interview tea bc idc —> it was very quick prob 20 minutes tops and super basic.

1) Tell me about yourself
2) Why medicine?
3) Why GW?
4) Any questions?

Literally zero follow ups to any of my answers, we just jumped right to the next question.

Reactions: 4 users