2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never posted on here but got the A in early November! Submitted September & interviewed in October. Very weak ECs (WARS in the 50s šŸ˜), but good stats (LM >75).

This wouldā€™ve been more valuable earlier in the cycle but interview tea bc idc ā€”> it was very quick prob 20 minutes tops and super basic.

1) Tell me about yourself
2) Why medicine?
3) Why GW?
4) Any questions?

Literally zero follow ups to any of my answers, we just jumped right to the next question.
Amazing congrats!! did u interview w a physician or faculty

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Preciate the love and support from yā€™all. This **** hurt me a lot.
I'm so so sorry! You are definitely an amazing, kind, and tremendously accomplished individual! Keep your head high! DO NOT FALL! I am so so rooting for you! Good news is probably just waiting around the corner :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
It seems to be a mixed bag. I got the A in 3 weeks but have seen others get the A anywhere from 2 to 10 weeks post interview. The process is a mystery - don't lose hope :)
thank you so much!! congrats to youšŸ˜Œ

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is the interview only one 25-minute faculty/MD interview or are there student panels and group events as well?

Is the interview only one 25-minute faculty/MD interview or are there student panels and group events as well?

Itā€™s just one 30-minute time block!

There was an in-person day last week, but aside from those events Iā€™m not sure if there are other official online sessions.

I also got a pre-II R this morning after being on hold for I don't even know how many months. I was literally planning on sending out an update letter to them tomorrow. Guess it wasn't meant to be lol. Goodluck to everyone getting an interview!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R today. Complete in early Aug. It is the nicest R letter received to date - very gracious about the R. :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone see updates they have submitted in the portal? I got an email saying mine was received but donā€™t see it.

Can anyone see updates they have submitted in the portal? I got an email saying mine was received but donā€™t see it.
I can't/haven't but ive gotten an email saying they received it,

Reactions: 1 user
pre-ii R yesterday morning following a hold since the fall. complete in july w/ an update sometime in jan. oos LM 71-72. guess DC wasn't meant to be for me. good luck to everyone else!

• Care
pre-ii R yesterday morning following a hold since the fall. complete in july w/ an update sometime in jan. oos LM 71-72. guess DC wasn't meant to be for me. good luck to everyone else!
I have been on hold since late July or early August, have not heard anything yet. Not sure if it is a silent R or they will still be sending II. Does anyone know until when do they interview?

I have an interview tomorrow but I scheduled it like back in December.

+1, submitted 7/19, OOS, LM 70, WARS 71, this rejection stings the most because I have family in DMV and would have really wished to stay close to them for med school.

Curious if/how many applicants are still without II or R that have submitted in July/August. I was complete early July (7/7) and put on hold within 1-2 weeks of that time

Reactions: 10 users
Curious if/how many applicants are still without II or R that have submitted in July/August. I was complete early July (7/7) and put on hold within 1-2 weeks of that time
me too lol. do they even send II anymore?

this. I am unsure when exactly I was put on hold after submitting, but I was complete around the same time. escaped so many pre-ii R waves but no indication if I'm actually still in the running and it's driving me insane

pre ii R yesterday. pretty sad about this one because it would've meant my significant other and I wouldn't have to do a LDR

• Care
this. I am unsure when exactly I was put on hold after submitting, but I was complete around the same time. escaped so many pre-ii R waves but no indication if I'm actually still in the running and it's driving me insane
I know I feel like they are handing a few out every day lately??

Withdrew from the Alternate List. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Love
me too lol. do they even send II anymore?
If it means anything, I got an II last year on 2/14 after being on hold since August. So although odds are dwindling, I do think they continue to interview (and send II) all the way up to March

If it means anything, I got an II last year on 2/14 after being on hold since August. So although odds are dwindling, I do think they continue to interview (and send II) all the way up to March
Thanks for sharing that! Iā€™ve been on hold since august

pre-II R last week right after I submitted an update letter with new publications accepted and submitted... Good luck to those in the running still!

• Sad
ngl the font changing halfway through the middle of the rejection email made me chuckle

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
How did anyone who interviewed send a thank you? I can't find my interviewer's email online, she was a faculty physician. I found a general email for thank you notes that the website recommends using but was wondering if anyone found another way

I emailed the general email and asked them to do so on my behalf, and they did.

Has anyone sent an email recently and got a reply? I sent one two days ago about letters of rec and no response. Feeling paranoid that I'm being ghosted... I know that's stupid but i'm on waitlist with no other A's :\

WL for a while. Heard nothing at all. Hoping, but have no idea what to do next year as I also have no A.

Does anyone know if letters of intent should be emailed or uploaded to the portal?