2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if everyone is just gonna go on hold until the first IIs are sent out...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if everyone is just gonna go on hold until the first IIs are sent out...
Last cycle the people who got the first batch of IIs went straight from complete to II and the people who went on hold first either stayed on hold til R or got II later on.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they put you on hold does it outright say that on your portal? Like is it pretty obvious/will I know if my app is on hold? Thanks!
It says your application has been reviewed and to date no final decision has been made

Reactions: 1 user
I am on complete and submitted 7/14.
When I checked yesterday 7/26 I was on complete and today 7/27 I am on hold. No email was sent, but the portal updated to state "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience."

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Still on hold, submitted and complete on 7/5. People who got II, what are your stats?

I submitted my secondary on 7/16 and I am still on complete....feeling anxious

Anyone complete after 7/20 placed on hold or II? I have been complete since then and idk how to feel lol

Anyone complete after 7/20 placed on hold or II? I have been complete since then and idk how to feel lol
someone said they submitted on 7/22 and were placed on hold yesterday, but would love to know if anyone who submitted after 7/20 has gotten an II yet (currently working hard to convince myself that they just haven't gotten to my application yet lol)

For the clinical experience question, are you guys using one specific patient encounter or just a general experience?

Pretty sure I’ve broken my portal and email with how much I’ve been refreshing it 😭🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Those that got an II, what were your complete dates?

It’s always a stab in the heart to see the first batch of II’s go out and not get one :(

Excited for those who did tho, go get yourself an A

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats those who got an II. I completed mine on 7/5/22 and am still on hold so chances are slim for me 🥹

is it really harming to your chances of medical school if you don't get into the first batch of interviews?

is it really harming to your chances of medical school if you don't get into the first batch of interviews?
I don't think it's really harming, but I would guess that the first batch of interviews represents the most competitive applicants with the highest chance of getting in. However, it's definitely important to remember it's a long process and it's still only July. We've worked hard and done everything we can till this point.

A)The first batch of interviews at GW are probably given to the people they see best fit for this particular school. Just because you're not in this category right now doesn't mean you're not a great fit somewhere else and it absolutely doesn't mean your fit for GW won't be realized later on in the cycle.

B) In the past, people who were on hold got II later in the cycle and some were admitted. Not to mention, some of the folks who got interviews in this batch were also on hold at some point. The logic behind the admissions process is truly hard to understand.

Sure, I'm only highlighting positive possible future outcomes, but the cycle is so young, so don't lose hope. Rooting for you!

Reactions: 6 users
Completed 7/19, still radio silence and no portal updates for me.

Just got that sweet hold

I have been on complete since 7/11, is anyone else from this early still just complete and not on hold?

Do you guys on hold mind posting your stats?
OOS ~100 shadowing hours, >1000 clinical hrs, ~300 research hrs, cGPA: 4.00, sGPA: 4.00 MCAT: 522
On hold as of today 7/28

EDIT: completed secondary 7/16

Last edited:
I had an on hold message a week ago and now received II! Submitted 07/10, got an email about the interview.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users