2022-2023 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R received, oos complete in july :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you friend. Haha yes it is so competitive. Never would I had thought it to be this crazy.
this cycle is insane. applied last cycle with a 507 and actually got interviews. applying with a 51x score this cycle, improved essays, hella clinical and volunteer work and im sitting here with 2 II's, one md (waitlist) one do (scheduled). Like sheesh this cycle is rough

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
A reminder to all my friends who are waiting on decisions from UI that the last day to send updates is tomorrow 01/20! <3

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt we'll be hearing anything today unfortunately. The pattern in previous years seemed to be no news after around 01/20 (for those waiting on responses after interviews) and then all remaining decisions came out on 01/27.

I doubt we'll be hearing anything today unfortunately. The pattern in previous years seemed to be no news after around 01/20 (for those waiting on responses after interviews) and then all remaining decisions came out on 01/27.
I noticed this too, but another user said his friend was accepted on Jan 25 last year! We gotta keep in mind that SDN users are only a small % of applicants. Good luck to everyone today!

Reactions: 4 users
I noticed this too, but another user said his friend was accepted on Jan 25 last year! We gotta keep in mind that SDN users are only a small % of applicants. Good luck to everyone today!
I also feel like 1/27 would be a Friday which would be super weird? Would totally break their pattern. But who is to say. Just grasping at straws here for some form of comfort lolol

I also feel like 1/27 would be a Friday which would be super weird? Would totally break their pattern. But who is to say. Just grasping at straws here for some form of comfort lolol

If I recall correctly, I think today or tomorrow might be the last day of rolling admissions and then they notify you of the final pool list on 1/27. After this week, if you make it to final pool, it won’t be until March until everyone gets their decision

If I recall correctly, I think today or tomorrow might be the last day of rolling admissions and then they notify you of the final pool list on 1/27. After this week, if you make it to final pool, it won’t be until March until everyone gets their decision
Yeah, the pattern doesn't make much sense, because last year 1/27 was a Thursday and the year before, it was a Wed. I've also seen them send out final pool notifs in mid jan (like 1/16) in previous years. So if nothing today, you're likely final pooled and we're just waiting on the notification of it.

Yeah, the pattern doesn't make much sense, because last year 1/27 was a Thursday and the year before, it was a Wed. I've also seen them send out final pool notifs in mid jan (like 1/16) in previous years. So if nothing today, you're likely final pooled and we're just waiting on the notification of it.
Do we know if they send rejections at the same time or do they just final pool everyone and then send rejections in March?

Do we know if they send rejections at the same time or do they just final pool everyone and then send rejections in March?
They do also send rejections, it seems, judging from previous years' threads. I recall some posts from people complaining about being final pooled and how they had no chance and were super bummed, and others responding to them saying they had been rejected and that if UI didn't want them, they wouldn't have been final pooled, they would just have been rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
They do also send rejections, it seems, judging from previous years' threads. I recall some posts from people complaining about being final pooled and how they had no chance and were super bummed, and others responding to them saying they had been rejected and that if UI didn't want them, they wouldn't have been final pooled, they would just have been rejected.
Awesome thank you! Well I guess wish you all the best of luck whenever this happens then! Hopefully we will all be final pooled and can wait it out together.

Final pool email status was sent out in previous years on:

01/27/2022 – Thursday
01/27/2021 – Wednesday
01/30/2020 – Thursday
01/18/2019 – Friday

There is no predicting this, friends. Let's just all stress out together until March lolz

They do also send rejections, it seems, judging from previous years' threads. I recall some posts from people complaining about being final pooled and how they had no chance and were super bummed, and others responding to them saying they had been rejected and that if UI didn't want them, they wouldn't have been final pooled, they would just have been
Awesome thank you! Well I guess wish you all the best of luck whenever this happens then! Hopefully we will all be final pooled and can wait it out together.they do happen but
Final pool email status was sent out in previous years on:

01/27/2022 – Thursday
01/27/2021 – Wednesday
01/30/2020 – Thursday
01/18/2019 – Friday

There is no predicting this, friends. Let's just all stress out together until March lolz
Did they even meet today?!

Final pool notice today. That just means a soft R? 😭 Lol

Final pool notice today. That just means a soft R? 😭 Lol
I wish people knew more about what final pool means before making assumptions like this! >50% of the incoming class comes from the final pool. It is not a rejection at all. Most of the people accepted until now, according to a faculty member I know at UIowa, are higher stat OOS students. Final Pool is not a rejection, not even close.

I wish people knew more about what final pool means before making assumptions like this! >50% of the incoming class comes from the final pool. It is not a rejection at all. Most of the people accepted until now, according to a faculty member I know at UIowa, are higher stat OOS students. Final Pool is not a rejection, not even close.
Yes I know. I was slightly being sarcastic, albeit we do not need that negativity here. I'm glad I just haven't been rejected yet. I didn't know this was a school that delayed decisions. My IS school does this too haha. It's brutal 🤣 best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Final Pool, IS, good luck everyone! See you back here in March!

Final pool, OOS no ties. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final pool, OOS! Quick question: Do they final pool everyone that hasn't already been admitted?

Final pooled, IS, interviewed 11/21. Definitely though final pool was a soft R until reading through this forum! Thanks everyone for cheering me up! Anyone know stats on how many IS are accepted from the final pool??

I don't know about this year, but some people got acceptances and rejections around the time of or on the day the final pool email came out in previous years. I definitely think it's fair to assume that not everyone gets final pooled, especially if half the incoming class is supposed to come from the final pool.

Final Pool as well, OOS interviewed 10/24. May the odds be ever in all of our favor haha

I found that somebody did a bunch of research and posted this on last year's thread, it's the dates/days in March that the decisions came out:

2021 10th - Wednesday
2020: 11th - Wednesday
2019: 5th - Tuesday
2018: 6th - Tuesday
2017: 8th - Wednesday
2016: 8th - Tuesday
2015: 3rd - Tuesday

I also found that last year (2022), they came out on Wednesday the 9th.

Reactions: 6 users
The good news: February only has 28 days, which means 3 less days of waiting in the final pool!

The bad news: Decisions will likely be released on March 7th, which is the day in the Spongebob Squarepants movie where Spongebob thinks he will be promoted to manager, but he does not get promoted.....

1674841158215.png

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users