You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Super frustrating, but I think it may be a technology-related limitation, like their server can't handle sending out all these emails at once? Hopefully something that will change in future cycles.Why send Rs in waves I wish they could just get it over with
throwaway198773
Full Member
Super frustrating, but I think it may be a technology-related limitation, like their server can't handle sending out all these emails at once? Hopefully something that will change in future cycles.
I would hope that in 2023 an institution the size of Jefferson would be technologically capable of sending an email. Total number of applicants is <12,000, so even if it was an email to every single person, doesn't seem very difficult.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
+1 🙁
Lol same to bothChecking my email for a Jeff R (still waiting) only to get bodied by Yale lol, it's tough out there
I got a Yale R too.Checking my email for a Jeff R (still waiting) only to get bodied by Yale lol, it's tough out there
And I still haven't heard from Sidney Kimmel since submitting 7/29.
+1 complete 6/28And I still haven't heard from Sidney Kimmel since submitting 7/29.
That’s strange considering AAMC traffic guidelines state the number of accepted should equal the expected class size by March 15th.That's crazy if it's true. According to previous cycles they send IIs to late March.
schools tend to accept 2-3x their expected class size. If you accept 150 people it’s unlikely all 150 will matriculateThat’s strange considering AAMC traffic guidelines state the number of accepted should equal the expected class size by March 15th.
I thought they accept their intended class size, then as students withdraw they send out other acceptances. So the total possible matriculants never exceeds the class size, but more acceptances can be sent as students withdraw. For example, they accept 150 before March 15th, but 100 withdraw, so another 100 acceptances are sent. So 250 acceptances were sent but only 150 will matriculate. That was my understand and I could be way off, so let me know what I’m missing.
+1Pre-II R just now. Complete 7/1
pigsrock100
Full Member
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Finally pre-II rejection after zero communication since I was complete on 7/3! Nearly 8 months for a two sentence rejection email lmao, thanks Jeff.
+1 Pre II R
Pre-II R here too after silence since 6/28. They just wanted to wait for that 8 month mark lmao!
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
Another pre-II rejection. Submitted my secondary in July and sent an update about getting published last month. This is truly such a random process
Pre-II R. Whatever lol
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
R
Pre-R. Not to mad about this one as I knew it was coming.
Still heard nothing. When does their interviews end?
R just now 🙁 complete mid Aug
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
+1Pre II R this morning
+1 to the Pre-II R gang
Jimmy McGill
Full Member
r
alexhart99
Full Member
Hi everyone! Pre-II R 🙁 Submitted and was complete Aug 16, 2022. Secondary received 07/08th. CASPer 4th Quartile. Application update sent Oct 25 2022 - had some important additions.
Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad). Rock climbing as a hobby for a while, competitive soccer player, spent a good amount of time on my essays/descriptions focusing on Dr. Grays suggestions (I thought).
As a Canadian rn my American schools cycle is going: 13/16 Pre II Rs, one soft R, 2 still waiting. Got some love from Ontario schools (2 IIs!) so maybe I am just not meant to go to the US for an MD.
No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Good luck to you all!
Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad). Rock climbing as a hobby for a while, competitive soccer player, spent a good amount of time on my essays/descriptions focusing on Dr. Grays suggestions (I thought).
As a Canadian rn my American schools cycle is going: 13/16 Pre II Rs, one soft R, 2 still waiting. Got some love from Ontario schools (2 IIs!) so maybe I am just not meant to go to the US for an MD.
No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Good luck to you all!
Directly to their email, not sure if they got it tho lolTo those who interviewed, did/how did you send a thank-you note to your interviewer?
D
deleted1150307
Pre II R today
adg30
Full Member
Noted, got to ask for those interviewer emails tmrDirectly to their email, not sure if they got it tho lol
I GOT THE A CALL!!!!! As a reapplicant with no IIs last cycle this is completely surreal. I can’t believe it 😭😭😭
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
When was your interview?I GOT THE A CALL!!!!! As a reapplicant with no IIs last cycle this is completely surreal. I can’t believe it 😭😭😭
When was your interview?
Feb 22. Sent letter of intent same day.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay! Congratulations!I GOT THE A CALL!!!!! As a reapplicant with no IIs last cycle this is completely surreal. I can’t believe it 😭😭😭
Congrats and oh wow, that was a quick turnoverI GOT THE A CALL!!!!! As a reapplicant with no IIs last cycle this is completely surreal. I can’t believe it 😭😭😭
Congrats and oh wow, that was a quick turnover
Yup was not expecting it this quick. Couldn’t believe it when I saw the missed call
Congrats in you II, please share your experience. They will invite more students to II? How many students II and how many of those accept for each day of II?I just interviewed yesterday and they were telling us turn around is typically much faster for the people interviewing later because its towards the end of their interview season as a whole