2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Active review just now~~

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the hold means they have read your app and they are choosing to continue to consider you, meaning they read your app and did not go okay let's reject, and neither did they go okay let's interview. So you are kind of in the middle. The other email just sounds like a regular 'we are continuing to read apps" email.
I think it's also important to point out that while people may have received hold emails today, they could have been put in that status months ago and were just finding out about it now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!! Absolutely over the moon. For reference, I received an ‘active review’ notification email a few days ago and an interview invite today. Complete in late august. Stay positive out there!!

Reactions: 2 users
II!!! Absolutely over the moon. For reference, I received an ‘active review’ notification email a few days ago and an interview invite today. Complete in late august. Stay positive out there!!
Do you know how long it took from Active review to II? I got mine on 12/20

Reactions: 1 users
IS/OOS, stats if you don’t mind plesse

can anyone who has interviewed provide some insight? the web portal states that it is "not traditional" and i cannot find any further info

what if we haven't heard anything at all as an IS applicant? my status just shows application complete as of august, and silence since then. (sorry if this has already been asked)

can anyone who has interviewed provide some insight? the web portal states that it is "not traditional" and i cannot find any further info
Not sure about the “not traditional” thing but the interviews are just two 1-on-1 interview for ~45. You can have 1 faculty and 1 student or 2 faculty. (Not sure you can have 2 students)

Hello future docs! I’m an M2 here on winter break with some free time. Feel free to ask questions about UMSOM in this thread or via PM. I’m an interviewer but I’m not in the admissions committee so I don’t know all the ins and outs of the admissions process but I should be able to answer some basic questions. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello future docs! I’m an M2 here on winter break with some free time. Feel free to ask questions about UMSOM in this thread or via PM. I’m an interviewer but I’m not in the admissions committee so I don’t know all the ins and outs of the admissions process but I should be able to answer some basic questions. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Do you have any idea if I can get in state tuition after the first year if I am coming from another state?

It appears so from this thread that UMSOM haven’t interviewed too many IS ORMs yet this cycle. Is it correct observation? If so, what could possibly be the reason? Will there be any big movement this cycle for IS ORMs? Thank you in advance.

It appears so from this thread that UMSOM haven’t interviewed too many IS ORMs yet this cycle. Is it correct observation? If so, what could possibly be the reason? Will there be any big movement this cycle for IS ORMs? Thank you in advance.
they for sure have.. sample size of thread can be deceiving imo

they for sure have.. sample size of thread can be deceiving imo

Went to first look for accepted students and almost everyone (about 75%) was in-state and there were about 60+ persons there (rough estimate)

Same for my friend and I, rip.
How does UMSOM usually handle holds?
From a friend who has helped mentor applicants multiple application cycles, holds at different schools mean different things, and in his experience a hold at UMSOM tends to lead to an R (sample size n=6 over 3 cycles). Active review sounds like they haven't gotten to your application. I could be wrong, but hoping this provides a bit of transparency. Best of luck to applicants.

From a friend who has helped mentor applicants multiple application cycles, holds at different schools mean different things, and in his experience a hold at UMSOM tends to lead to an R (sample size n=6 over 3 cycles). Active review sounds like they haven't gotten to your application. I could be wrong, but hoping this provides a bit of transparency. Best of luck to applicants.

I guess that's a good sign for those of us that received the "active review" email ? I mean it's not an R ...

Can I assume that if I don't get a phone call on Monday, I will be hit with a WL or R on Wednesday? 😂
As in, has anyone gotten a WL/R on Monday OR got an A on Wednesday without a phone call?
My time is approaching and I would like to know when I need to brace myself lol

Can I assume that if I don't get a phone call on Monday, I will be hit with a WL or R on Wednesday? 😂
As in, has anyone gotten a WL/R on Monday OR got an A on Wednesday without a phone call?
When did you interview?

Late to the party but received the hold email on 12/20 as well.

Yeah I just got an email only with an acceptance.

I fully prepared myself for a call Mon/Wed but got an email on a Tuesday titled "post-interview status update" which told me only to check my portal. This ended up being an A, so just expect anything. Wishing the best!

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed on 12/14. Wondering how long it has taken for others to hear back?

interview on Feb 1, notified just now. does anyone have any insight on the format of the interview?

interview on Feb 1, notified just now. does anyone have any insight on the format of the interview?

I also have similar questions about the format, I don't know if it is MMI or traditional for sure. It seems from the wording of the interview invite that it is traditional as they didn't mention MMI anywhere in the email and they said there are only 2 interviewers for interview day, but does anyone know for sure?

I also have similar questions about the format, I don't know if it is MMI or traditional for sure. It seems from the wording of the interview invite that it is traditional as they didn't mention MMI anywhere in the email and they said there are only 2 interviewers for interview day, but does anyone know for sure?

Traditional! Nothing left field, just a typical interview, mine were very conversational and this school was my best interview experience

Reactions: 2 users
For those who went to the on-campus visit in December, was there a dress code?

“You do not have to dress as professionally as you would for an interview day but we do ask that you look presentable. Jeans are acceptable. Keep in mind that you will be walking around (inside and outside) so please wear comfortable shoes. This event is for accepted students only, we cannot accommodate additional guests.”

“You do not have to dress as professionally as you would for an interview day but we do ask that you look presentable. Jeans are acceptable. Keep in mind that you will be walking around (inside and outside) so please wear comfortable shoes. This event is for accepted students only, we cannot accommodate additional guests.”
Thank you!

Is it hard to get into UMSOM at a later interview?

Oh this event is sorta like a second look-type of event just for acceptees. It doesn't apply to me then.