-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1147188
Not yet, interviewed 12/7Has anyone who interviewed in early Dec heard back?
notdakprescott
New Member
Anyone hear back after interviewing mid november?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
themagictaco
Full Member
got A this morning interview 11/14
What evidence do you have to support this? No need to make neurotic people on this thread worry even more with baseless claims
I get that. There might be a marginal increase in your chances if you interview earlier but we don't want someone browing here who is interviewing late to think they have no chance. If they had no chance they wouldn't be interviewed in the first place.
Oh dang, I got a slim chance of acceptance if my interview is in late January cuz additionally, i'm OOS.
nahh..take what that person said w/ a grain of salt lol...Harder is relative and their experience is a small sample size. I knew someone last year who interviewed beginning of February and got in 2 weeks later. All depends on what they're looking for, what you bring to the table and how well you interview. DO NOT give up hope.Oh dang, I got a slim chance of acceptance if my interview is in late January cuz additionally, i'm OOS.
This is reassuring, thanks! I gotta get good at explaining my research for interview purposes cuz I don't have much of a clue about what I have researched before.nahh..take what that person said w/ a grain of salt lol...Harder is relative and their experience is a small sample size. I knew someone last year who interviewed beginning of February and got in 2 weeks later. All depends on what they're looking for, what you bring to the table and how well you interview. DO NOT give up hope.
Last edited:
Sorry for the late response! I didn’t get this as a notification lol but yes you can switch! I have classmates who are now considered in state. You will get a bunch of info on this from some of my classmates when you commit to UMSOM so don’t worry too much about it. You’ll have all the info you need to make the switch successfully!Do you have any idea if I can get in state tuition after the first year if I am coming from another state?
Can’t really use SDN as a correct representation of the all the students interviewed so I would say that isn’t correct. But I can say for certain that UMSOM isn’t actively trying to decrease the number of IS ORM they interviewIt appears so from this thread that UMSOM haven’t interviewed too many IS ORMs yet this cycle. Is it correct observation? If so, what could possibly be the reason? Will there be any big movement this cycle for IS ORMs? Thank you in advance.
UMSOM usually has pretty good waitlist movement. A bunch of my classmates were accepted off the waitlist. So if you get a WL, you still have a chance to be accepted!Yes, since seats fill up. So it’s likely that late interview applicants will be waitlisted. There is also not a lot of movement in the waitlist.
Yeah exactly! Although technically interviewing a little later is less favorable (just like at every school with rolling admissions) because they’ve given out a bunch of acceptances by that time and they can only give out so many of them. However, I do think that they ration the acceptances so that students who interview later are not at a huge disadvantage compared to other students who interview earlier. (This isn’t 100% though, I’m just going off of whispers I’ve heard around school I think)nahh..take what that person said w/ a grain of salt lol...Harder is relative and their experience is a small sample size. I knew someone last year who interviewed beginning of February and got in 2 weeks later. All depends on what they're looking for, what you bring to the table and how well you interview. DO NOT give up hope.
2 ~40 min traditional interviews. One faculty, one student or two faculty. We see everything except your grades and scores.interview on Feb 1, notified just now. does anyone have any insight on the format of the interview?
Isn’t the waitlist movement just 20 students every year?UMSOM usually has pretty good waitlist movement. A bunch of my classmates were accepted off the waitlist. So if you get a WL, you still have a chance to be accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
Yeah that's what I thought, based on what MSAR saysIsn’t the waitlist movement just 20 students every year?
Is 20 considered little movement? I thought/think that’s a good amount. Sorry if I made it seem like a lot more than that. I just personally thought it was good movement.Isn’t the waitlist movement just 20 students every year?
So it's pretty open file, like you'll see almost everything in our AMCAS application (county we're from, experiences, meaningful experiences, colleges attended, personal statement), just no GPA nor MCAT?2 ~40 min traditional interviews. One faculty, one student or two faculty. We see everything except your grades and scores.
Yup. LORs too.So it's pretty open file, like you'll see almost everything in our AMCAS application (county we're from, experiences, meaningful experiences, colleges attended, personal statement), just no GPA nor MCAT?
Do the interviewers also have open file access to your secondary essays too?Yup. LORs too.
Do the interviewers also have open file access to your secondary essays too?
Yes
Anyone with a late November interview hear back?
Going to assume I'm not getting an II at this point ?
I got the under active review email a few weeks ago 🙁
I got the under active review email a few weeks ago 🙁
D
deleted1144479
I received an II yesterday for the MD/Master's program, but on the portal it says they first sent out an invitation last week and my email yesterday was the second one they sent. No email ever came through on the date they have listed, so I don't know what happened there. Maybe a reason to check your "communication status" page!
I received an II yesterday for the MD/Master's program, but on the portal it says they first sent out an invitation last week and my email yesterday was the second one they sent. No email ever came through on the date they have listed, so I don't know what happened there. Maybe a reason to check your "communication status" page!
good to know they're still sending IIs... Really hoping for one!
Nope. You get nothing unfortunately. Except you do get a stethoscope and access to AMBOSS.Do any current umsom students know if incoming students get ipads?
Edit: spelling
Did you check spam? I know almost all my UMSOM emails went to spam firstI received an II yesterday for the MD/Master's program, but on the portal it says they first sent out an invitation last week and my email yesterday was the second one they sent. No email ever came through on the date they have listed, so I don't know what happened there. Maybe a reason to check your "communication status" page!
I think they are a little bit behind due to the holiday break. They review the interviews in order (if I remember correctly) so they are probably getting to those interviews right about now.Anyone with a late November interview hear back?
Thank you. Fingers crossed!!I think they are a little bit behind due to the holiday break. They review the interviews in order (if I remember correctly) so they are probably getting to those interviews right about now.
Hello guysssss. Just got accepted. Cant believe it. Interviewed 11/30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to the crab cult!Hello guysssss. Just got accepted. Cant believe it. Interviewed 11/30.
lilscientist14
Full Member
Just got my R today this morning. UMSOM has been my top choice for ages so I’m pretty bummed. Best of luck to you all!
IS, complete 7/15, LM 74 ORM
IS, complete 7/15, LM 74 ORM
Sorry to hear 🙁 if you don't mind me asking, was this pre- or post-II?Just got my R today this morning. UMSOM has been my top choice for ages so I’m pretty bummed. Best of luck to you all!
IS, complete 7/15, LM 74 ORM
there was some discussion of locks in last year's thread! i can't remember what it said exactly, but it was on one of the last few pages iircneurotic o'clock here -- I logged on to my portal to see a new line for interview with a little lock next to it 😵
Wasn't there earlier today so there is some movement going on! Hopefully good news...
I'm just taking it as they are looking at my application again!there was some discussion of locks in last year's thread! i can't remember what it said exactly, but it was on one of the last few pages iirc
i support! fingers crossed for good news!I'm just taking it as they are looking at my application again!
lilscientist14
Full Member
Pre-II after being put on hold!Sorry to hear 🙁 if you don't mind me asking, was this pre- or post-II?
My portal status has the Interview row with the lock and “Under Review.” written under it too, praying for good news
Legallyblonde<3
Full Member
Is the lock showing up for people pre-II or post-II?
Pre-II, I was also put on hold 12/20Is the lock showing up for people pre-II or post-II?
Pre-II, I was also put on hold 12/20
Damn... did it say "on hold"? Or did the email say "under review"?
Email said holdDamn... did it say "on hold"? Or did the email say "under review"?
Email said hold
congrats. I'm assuming if someone didn't get that, it's basically an R lol
what's the difference between under active review and a hold?
Not necessarily, I’m pretty sure I got something similar last year and was still rejected lmao. Difference between active review and hold I’m assuming is they haven’t looked at your application yet vs they have and haven’t made a decision.congrats. I'm assuming if someone didn't get that, it's basically an R lol
what's the difference between under active review and a hold?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1147188
I'm sorry to hear this, when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?Just got waitlisted 🙁 would they accept additional LOR's sent through AMCAS or their portal? If it even makes a difference lol.
MaybeIllJustBeATeacher
New Member
Hm I also logged in to the portal today to see the little lock next to interview with "Under Review" next to it... I checked last year's thread and it looks like it might mean that they're no longer sending out interview invites 🙁
Last edited:
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
Hate to be this guy but where are y’all seeing the lock? Is it on the status page? Mine still just says application complete with the green check
November of last year, heard a week or two ago.I'm sorry to hear this, when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?