You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PremedKid4
Full Member
month and a half
How long did it take before hearing back after II for people?
interviewed Nov 11, got the AC email like 2 weeks after that, and then silence since. Sent an update about a week and a half ago hopefully to get the ball moving in one direction or the otherHow long did it take before hearing back after II for people?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
piglover123
Full Member
interviewed 10/6, sent LOI, nothing since, no ACinterviewed Nov 11, got the AC email like 2 weeks after that, and then silence since. Sent an update about a week and a half ago hopefully to get the ball moving in one direction or the other
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Interviewed early September PURCH/MD. LOI submitted in January. Silence ever since.
Lowkey mentally moving on but also hopeful for an A once they have PTE data on 2/19.
Lowkey mentally moving on but also hopeful for an A once they have PTE data on 2/19.
piglover123
Full Member
why is the PTE deadline 2/19? Isn't that early?Interviewed early September PURCH/MD. LOI submitted in January. Silence ever since.
Lowkey mentally moving on but also hopeful for an A once they have PTE data on 2/19.
Not the deadline, the data. That's when it starts.why is the PTE deadline 2/19? Isn't that early?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
PTE is nonbinding and anonymous, just gives schools a rough sense of how many people have them as their top choice. It just starts 2/19.
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Thanks for all the info? What is an AC?
Active ConsiderationThanks for all the info? What is an AC?
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
UMass Friday! 🙃
piglover123
Full Member
PLSSSS UMASSSSSUMass Friday! 🙃
I’m beggingUMass Friday! 🙃
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Feel like this might be a silent one because there were a bunch of acceptances last week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could be. At the PURCH interview in Dec the admissions people told us starting in January they have committee meetings every week, but I don’t know if that means we’ll hear every weekFeel like this might be a silent one because there were a bunch of acceptances last week
Will they send an email regarding an acceptance if you don't answer/receive the call? I currently have an international number and I will until July ish. I updated that on the AMCAS page but idk how it works with them reaching out to international numbers.
studentrotcod
Full Member
What do you mean by this?UMass Friday! 🙃
I'm pretty sure UMass only sends acceptances by emailWill they send an email regarding an acceptance if you don't answer/receive the call? I currently have an international number and I will until July ish. I updated that on the AMCAS page but idk how it works with them reaching out to international numbers.
I wouldn't worry about this, they inform you of decisions through email.Will they send an email regarding an acceptance if you don't answer/receive the call? I currently have an international number and I will until July ish. I updated that on the AMCAS page but idk how it works with them reaching out to international numbers.
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Nothing really, just seems like Umass tends to send acceptances on fridaysWhat do you mean by this?
mountain2doctor
New Member
Did anyone get the second look email and is planning to go? Also, is there an accepted students GroupMe?
I heard from current students that it opened for them around late February/Early March last year, I wouldn't stress about it right now. Take it with a grain of salt, they could always release it earlier or later this year.anyone know when financial aid applications are going to open? I emailed back in January and they said they weren't live yet but I don't want to miss it.
medschool_applicant
Full Member
Are more II's going out?
Should be open now!I heard from current students that it opened for them around late February/Early March last year, I wouldn't stress about it right now. Take it with a grain of salt, they could always release it earlier or later this year.
Thanks for the heads up! Just got their email, so much for not worrying about it now 🤣Should be open now!
I've had zero correspondence since my interviews in August 🤣Did anyone who interviewed PURCH/MD hear back with a decision yet?
Is it worth following up with admission to ask if I'm still under consideration or just keep waiting it out? I sent an LOI already and an activities updateI've had zero correspondence since my interviews in August 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone mentioned earlier that PURCH applicants get decisions in March?? Not sure how true that isIs it worth following up with admission to ask if I'm still under consideration or just keep waiting it out? I sent an LOI already and an activities update
Agreed. It is just crazy that they haven't even sent an AC email. I have never heard of a school waiting this long to send any kind of correspondenceSomeone mentioned earlier that PURCH applicants get decisions in March?? Not sure how true that is
UVM has been taking their sweet time too 🥲Agreed. It is just crazy that they haven't even sent an AC email. I have never heard of a school waiting this long to send any kind of correspondence
Someone mentioned earlier that PURCH applicants get decisions in March?? Not sure how true that is
Don't know the original message but definitely not true that PURCH applicants have to wait until March, there are a few PURCH A's here.
Perfect, thank you!!Don't know the original message but definitely not true that PURCH applicants have to wait until March, there are a few PURCH A's here.
There is this one Telegram group chat for UMass accepted students made by mcatbros that I found. But it only has 11 members so far. I’m having a hard time sharing the link here on SDN. But if you go to the facebook page for the class of 2027 of UMass Chan School of Medicine and click on the title of the page, it’ll show you the information of that page including the members of the group and a short description about the page. If you click on “see more” under “about”, it’ll give you three links. One of them is the Telegram chat for the class of 2027!Does anyone know if there's an accepted students groupme yet?
The official Facebook group links the unofficial Telegram chat? Or is the Facebook group also not official?There is this one Telegram group chat for UMass accepted students made by mcatbros that I found. But it only has 11 members so far. I’m having a hard time sharing the link here on SDN. But if you go to the facebook page for the class of 2027 of UMass Chan School of Medicine and click on the title of the page, it’ll show you the information of that page including the members of the group and a short description about the page. If you click on “see more” under “about”, it’ll give you three links. One of them is the Telegram chat for the class of 2027!
I personally would steer clear of anything related to that person due to their reputation
AC email today, interviewed 1/27
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Is AC like a hold? Or a waitlist?AC email today, interviewed 1/27
neither. both? semantics!Is AC like a hold? Or a waitlist?
it is nothing. just a "no decision yet"
seekertribe
Full Member
I have not received anything yet since my interview late September. Does that mean a rejection ?neither. both? semantics!
it is nothing. just a "no decision yet"
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Wondering the same thing. Around 20 weeks no communication is pain
piglover123
Full Member
+1 🙁(((((
studentrotcod
Full Member
Me either. I don't think it means rejection but that's just me being hopeful. It's still only FebruaryI have not received anything yet since my interview late September. Does that mean a rejection ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Last edited:
My guess is that one of your interviewers hasn't finished whatever post-interview review they're supposed to do, so your file isn't complete and you can't be presented to the committeeMe either. I don't think it means rejection but that's just me being hopeful. It's still only February
But that is honestly not based on any solid knowledge lol
meddemddmdood
Full Member
Hoping they take LoIs from OOS students with 0 ties favorably.
This whole waiting stuff is painful.
This whole waiting stuff is painful.
it's an MMI thoMy guess is that one of your interviewers hasn't finished whatever post-interview review they're supposed to do, so your file isn't complete and you can't be presented to the committee
But that is honestly not based on any solid knowledge lol
studentrotcod
Full Member
Me to every school I applied to or interviewed at over 5 months ago: