2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
withdrawing, hope good luck will go to you, it's been stressful, totally understand, but hang in there and don't give up your hope!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any ideas on whether there is a high chance of getting off the waitlist?
will_poulter.PNG

You guys are getting admissions decisions?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
i called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april :rolleyes:. and "any day of the week".

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
i called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april :rolleyes:. and "any day of the week".
Radio silence for 5 months now… really hoping it’s soon bc I’m getting really worn down between this school and njms ghosting post interview

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
waiting to hear back from just one school. Waitlisted/deferred from everywhere else.......

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Are we still obsessing over Fridays here?
Checking Its Friday GIF by Brittlestar

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I still have not heard back. is this a good thing for PURCH people? I mean, I've heard from admissions during my interview in november that to be checked by PURCH, you need to do well/pass the filter from the main university admissions first. So that is why it takes this long?

Last edited:
  • Hmm
is anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.

Uploaded an attachment last week, but the file name was changed (added a bunch of numbers to beginning of it) and I can't click on it to see if it was corrupted/messed up in some way. Did that happen to anyone else?

is anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.
I’m also about an hour away but gonna be staying with my assigned “buddy”

I booked a hotel for the night but I haven’t decided if I’m commuting from Boston or not. I haven’t heard from my buddy lol

Reactions: 1 users

Im driving from NYC which is a 3ish hour drive but only for the 28th tho

Sooo if I didn't receive correspondence about Second Look does that mean I have zero chance of being admitted :') or is it an accepted students day?

Sooo if I didn't receive correspondence about Second Look does that mean I have zero chance of being admitted :') or is it an accepted students day?

Yeah dont freak out lol. Its an accepted students event

Uploaded an attachment last week, but the file name was changed (added a bunch of numbers to beginning of it) and I can't click on it to see if it was corrupted/messed up in some way. Did that happen to anyone else?
Would someone who has uploaded an LOI/update mind checking how it looks in their portal for me?

Could someone fill me in on any upcoming dates/deadlines where one could foresee spots opening up for people on the waitlist? Is there a day where accepted students need to decide?

Could someone fill me in on any upcoming dates/deadlines where one could foresee spots opening up for people on the waitlist? Is there a day where accepted students need to decide?
April 30th

First App cycle, only interview is here and interviewed back in Nov. Is it worse to not have heard anything back by now or is it still "normal" to not have heard back just yet. Good stats/IS/Low clinical hours

heyo does anyone know what the last interview date for MD applicants is/was? TYIA!!

Last edited:
Based on the past two admission cycles threads, approximately ~30 outright acceptances are reported between October-March. We're at 31 this cycle. Between March-April approximately ~20 WL positions are reported. We're at 4 right now. Throughout the entire cycle, around 10 post-II Rs are reported. We're at 2 right now.

If UMass is serious about getting decisions to everyone by March 31, we should see serious WL/R movement soon since most decisions go out between now and April for past cycles. So we're either going to get a barrage of decisions in the next two weeks, or UMass will continue to dribble decisions until May, just like the past two cycles. Stay strong everyone! Paranoid rant over.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
It's literally so brutal of UMass to leave me hanging since Sept . Any early interviewees have not heard back at all?

Reactions: 8 users
During my interview (Jan) they told us that towards the end of the cycle it takes a long time to hear back. They explicitly said they do this to ensure that every single person interviewed, "even the very last person," has the same chance for admission as the first person interviewed🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
During my interview (Jan) they told us that towards the end of the cycle it takes a long time to hear back. They explicitly said they do this to ensure that every single person interviewed, "even the very last person," has the same chance for admission as the first person interviewed

Well in theory this does sound nice to those who interviewed later in the process, but it defeats the whole purpose of rolling admission, especially those who have waited for half a year .

Reactions: 7 users