You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
diaperbarge
New Member
Do you think they're done with decisions for the day:/
Another friday since november II. another silent day 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Catamount802
Full Member
medicalstudent610
New Member
Any ideas on whether there is a high chance of getting off the waitlist?
Catamount802
Full Member
Any ideas on whether there is a high chance of getting off the waitlist?
You guys are getting admissions decisions?
fishyswims
Full Member
i called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april 🙄. and "any day of the week".
Last edited:
studentrotcod
Full Member
Everyone on the waitlist should hear before April?i called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april 🙄. and "any day of the week".
cheezelover
New Member
Any ideas on whether there is a high chance of getting off the waitlist?
D
deleted1130343
Radio silence for 5 months now… really hoping it’s soon bc I’m getting really worn down between this school and njms ghosting post interviewi called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april 🙄. and "any day of the week".
fishyswims
Full Member
No, if you have not heard (A, W, or R)...you should hear by then. Most nebulous convo everEveryone on the waitlist should hear before April?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
i called admissions just now and they said umass main or purch, everyone should hear before april 🙄. and "any day of the week".
I’ll believe it when I see it…
D
deleted1130343
Post interview r just now… lmao
+1 interviewed January, IS reapplicant (got waitlisted last year)Post interview r just now… lmao
V sad
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
It begins…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HavingFun@13421
Full Member
waiting to hear back from just one school. Waitlisted/deferred from everywhere else.......
mangosarethebest
New Member
Waitlist for UMASS and PURCH today. OOR, interviewed 1/25 and 1/27
diaperbarge
New Member
Is PURCH still sending A’s?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Last edited:
HavingFun@13421
Full Member
I still have not heard back. is this a good thing for PURCH people? I mean, I've heard from admissions during my interview in november that to be checked by PURCH, you need to do well/pass the filter from the main university admissions first. So that is why it takes this long?
Last edited:
still radio silence since interview October 4th! Thoughts?
studentrotcod
Full Member
Have you sent updates? I had similar situation until I was put on waitlist last week. Sent an update letter in January.still radio silence since interview October 4th! Thoughts?
I also sent an update in JanuaryHave you sent updates? I had similar situation until I was put on waitlist last week. Sent an update letter in January.
same, but interviewed Nov 9th. still nothing but silence since thoughI also sent an update in January
lurker1334
Full Member
I’m also about an hour away but gonna be staying with my assigned “buddy”is anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.
Expandedscope
Full Member
I booked a hotel for the night but I haven’t decided if I’m commuting from Boston or not. I haven’t heard from my buddy lolis anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.
is anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.
Im driving from NYC which is a 3ish hour drive but only for the 28th tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooo if I didn't receive correspondence about Second Look does that mean I have zero chance of being admitted :') or is it an accepted students day?is anyone from MA thinking of commuting to Second Look instead of finding housing? I'm ~1 hour away and wondering if it's feasible to drive.
Sooo if I didn't receive correspondence about Second Look does that mean I have zero chance of being admitted :') or is it an accepted students day?
Yeah dont freak out lol. Its an accepted students event
Thanks comradeYeah dont freak out lol. Its an accepted students event
Would someone who has uploaded an LOI/update mind checking how it looks in their portal for me?Uploaded an attachment last week, but the file name was changed (added a bunch of numbers to beginning of it) and I can't click on it to see if it was corrupted/messed up in some way. Did that happen to anyone else?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Would someone who has uploaded an LOI/update mind checking how it looks in their portal for me?
You’re fine, it did the same for my LOI.
studentrotcod
Full Member
Could someone fill me in on any upcoming dates/deadlines where one could foresee spots opening up for people on the waitlist? Is there a day where accepted students need to decide?
April 30thCould someone fill me in on any upcoming dates/deadlines where one could foresee spots opening up for people on the waitlist? Is there a day where accepted students need to decide?
First App cycle, only interview is here and interviewed back in Nov. Is it worse to not have heard anything back by now or is it still "normal" to not have heard back just yet. Good stats/IS/Low clinical hours
lemon.slice
Full Member
heyo does anyone know what the last interview date for MD applicants is/was? TYIA!!
Last edited:
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Based on the past two admission cycles threads, approximately ~30 outright acceptances are reported between October-March. We're at 31 this cycle. Between March-April approximately ~20 WL positions are reported. We're at 4 right now. Throughout the entire cycle, around 10 post-II Rs are reported. We're at 2 right now.
If UMass is serious about getting decisions to everyone by March 31, we should see serious WL/R movement soon since most decisions go out between now and April for past cycles. So we're either going to get a barrage of decisions in the next two weeks, or UMass will continue to dribble decisions until May, just like the past two cycles. Stay strong everyone! Paranoid rant over.
If UMass is serious about getting decisions to everyone by March 31, we should see serious WL/R movement soon since most decisions go out between now and April for past cycles. So we're either going to get a barrage of decisions in the next two weeks, or UMass will continue to dribble decisions until May, just like the past two cycles. Stay strong everyone! Paranoid rant over.
HavingFun@13421
Full Member
I hope that for PURCH, lots of As are still sent out at later stages...
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
So uhhh PURCHies, how we feeling about Baystate after one of their FM residents got indicted on ch*ld p*rnography charges and filming child pt exams? Honestly kind of alarming.
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/m...ild-pornography-hidden-cameras-exams/43308403
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/m...ild-pornography-hidden-cameras-exams/43308403
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Yup, same here, getting scaredIt's literally so brutal of UMass to leave me hanging since Sept [emoji24]. Any early interviewees have not heard back at all?
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
do you think it's better to have heard back and been waitlisted, or to have not heard back at all?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scullybean
Full Member
During my interview (Jan) they told us that towards the end of the cycle it takes a long time to hear back. They explicitly said they do this to ensure that every single person interviewed, "even the very last person," has the same chance for admission as the first person interviewed🤷♀️
During my interview (Jan) they told us that towards the end of the cycle it takes a long time to hear back. They explicitly said they do this to ensure that every single person interviewed, "even the very last person," has the same chance for admission as the first person interviewed[emoji2368]
Well in theory this does sound nice to those who interviewed later in the process, but it defeats the whole purpose of rolling admission, especially those who have waited for half a year [emoji37].
HavingFun@13421
Full Member
I heard that PURCH takes especially longer!
diaperbarge
New Member
happy friday:')🍀
Desmond4Life
Full Member
Waitlisted this morning!