You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1130038
wow! I would have assumed they wouldnt send anything out today. congrats!!first II today from an in-state school!! complete 8/1, scored about a month ago
hope everyone is safe!
Anyone else complete in July still haven't been scored? Portal just says "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" in green since early August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete end of July and mine hasn't even turned green yet, lolAnyone else complete in July still haven't been scored? Portal just says "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" in green since early August.
Same!! Complete 7/12, but still have the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine" in grey. Tough. :/Complete end of July and mine hasn't even turned green yet, lol
mine isn't green either and the wording is a little different as well. also complete end of july 🙁Complete end of July and mine hasn't even turned green yet, lol
D
deleted1130038
yarp me too, mine green + exact same so i feel like i didnt make it past that second screenAnyone else complete in July still haven't been scored? Portal just says "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" in green since early August.
pugsygirl17
Full Member
Same for meAnyone else complete in July still haven't been scored? Portal just says "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" in green since early August.
I have this too, in grey. Weird they have 2 different messages saying the same thing lol.Same!! Complete 7/12, but still have the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine" in grey. Tough. :/
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
+1I have this too, in grey. Weird they have 2 different messages saying the same thing lol.
CompletelyTired
Full Member
II complete 08/15
+1, maybe they're just updating their color scheme. More likely getting ready to send us all a big II wave.
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
Do you know when you were scored? I was complete 8/17 but was scored couple days agoII complete 08/15
CompletelyTired
Full Member
I will say about 2 weeks agoDo you know when you were scored? I was complete 8/17 but was scored couple days ago
Same :/ complete 7/15Same!! Complete 7/12, but still have the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine" in grey. Tough. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
+1 - complete 7/20... well actually as I type this I realize I took my casper kind of late on 7/31 and then didn't get my score til mid august. So I guess its safer to assume I wasn't complete til mid august. But yeah, no score yet.Anyone else complete in July still haven't been scored? Portal just says "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" in green since early August.
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Submitted 7/18 and looks like I was finally scored today. No news of II though.
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Ive been complete since 7/14 and still not scored, it also says Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. in black. prob not a good sign, 😟Submitted 7/18 and looks like I was finally scored today. No news of II though.
showkayaker
Full Member
In the same boat lol. At this point, I don’t think I’ll be hearing back. Wonder what they look for in their first screens b/c my app is pretty standardSame!! Complete 7/12, but still have the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine" in grey. Tough. :/
FiletFrenzy
Full Member
Been complete since 7/15 and haven't been scored yet either. My scores aren't crazy high, so I'm assuming that's the issue I'm running into haha
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
IS II, complete 8/17, scored I think 9/22.
How to find out about if your application is scored?IS II, complete 8/17, scored I think 9/22.
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
I just checked every day because UMiami is my top choice lol. But there will be a new message on the application portal that says something along the lines of like "your application has been reviewed and you will recieve an interview based on the score assigned from the admission committee and the interview cycle lasts from september - April" or whatever the dates are.How to find out about if your application is scored?
Thank you and best of luck to you !!I just checked every day because UMiami is my top choice lol. But there will be a new message on the application portal that says something along the lines of like "your application has been reviewed and you will recieve an interview based on the score assigned from the admission committee and the interview cycle lasts from september - April" or whatever the dates are.
I believe the schedule is the same for everyone. I interviewed for both programs and one of my interviewers just integrated some MD/MPH questions into our interviewfor anyone who interviewed for md and md/mph, are there separate interviews or is it just two? thanks!!
Perfect, thank you so much!I believe the schedule is the same for everyone. I interviewed for both programs and one of my interviewers just integrated some MD/MPH questions into our interview
II 9/30!! complete 6/30, OOS
Might be awhile before they get to us Sept submissions. 🤔II 9/30!! complete 6/30, OOS
showkayaker
Full Member
Did you have the “scored” message on your portalII 9/30!! complete 6/30, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe I had the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine" message although I am not entirely sure!Did you have the “scored” message on your portal
I was complete 08/01 and my "your application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee" message is still Green rather than Grey/Black. Anyone have any insight on whether I should prepare for an R or if I am still in stasis hopefully going to be scored soon like everyone else?
ihatescience99
Full Member
I was complete 07/03 and have had it in grey and black the whole time with no changeI was complete 08/01 and my "your application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the admissions committee" message is still Green rather than Grey/Black. Anyone have any insight on whether I should prepare for an R or if I am still in stasis hopefully going to be scored soon like everyone else?
I was complete 07/03 and have had it in grey and black the whole time with no change
Complete-in-June Club here, and I think I’ve always been in black text with the same message.
II just now! IS, complete 8/15
How does it feel? [emoji3064]
II !! IS Complete 7/4 🙂
II received on 9/30, was complete 7/12
Congrats!! What were the earliest dates available?II !! IS Complete 7/4 🙂
To be honest I don’t remember 100% but they have you pick top 4 dates and the absolute latest one I picked was Nov 7th. The other 3 are all earlier 🙂 hope that helpsCongrats!! What were the earliest dates available?
Finally scored, complete 08/01.
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
I got my II on 9/30 and there were manyyyyy interview dates open however the earliest they said i could schedule was 10-21 and there arent available spots before that even though u can request earlier dates which is wackEarliest I saw was October 14. They interview Mondays and Fridays. It seems like there are a lot of interview slots available.
I finally got scored today! Complete late July. I didn't get scored at all last cycle!
what does it mean to be scored. not sure what scored meansI finally got scored today! Complete late July. I didn't get scored at all last cycle!
From what I've read, it means that up to 3 people read your entire app and each of them give you a score on your app based on various criteria like MCAT, LORs, experiences, essays, etc. Then depending on how high your score is in relation to everyone else's, they may or may not interview you. Not everyone gets scored, and not everyone that gets scored gets an interview.what does it mean to be scored. not sure what scored means
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was complete late June/early July and have not been scored is it likely that will turn into an R?
I'm pretty sure it only shows on the portalWill you get an email after being scored or does it only show on the portal?
Hi- for people with iis/upcoming interviews. Did anyone else not get the email with the login credentials for the "Hub" app? I've emailed the support email that they said to reach out to multiple times and still have not heard anything back. Follow up question for anyone who was able to get into the app. Does it provide any information that you cannot find elsewhere? I'm very upset that I cannot review these materials before my interview. 🙁
Ps yes I did reach out to the admissions team as well as the Hub support team. The admissions team said they would also send a request to the Hub on my behalf and yet I still have heard nothing. Aghhhhh
Ps yes I did reach out to the admissions team as well as the Hub support team. The admissions team said they would also send a request to the Hub on my behalf and yet I still have heard nothing. Aghhhhh
blueviolin012
Full Member
I never received access to the hub (said they were working on it) but honestly didn't find that I needed it for the interview. They'll send you links to the med school overview + curriculum videos closer towards your interview.Hi- for people with iis/upcoming interviews. Did anyone else not get the email with the login credentials for the "Hub" app? I've emailed the support email that they said to reach out to multiple times and still have not heard anything back. Follow up question for anyone who was able to get into the app. Does it provide any information that you cannot find elsewhere? I'm very upset that I cannot review these materials before my interview. 🙁
Ps yes I did reach out to the admissions team as well as the Hub support team. The admissions team said they would also send a request to the Hub on my behalf and yet I still have heard nothing. Aghhhhh