You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes they said they meet every 2 weeks on wednesdays (after 5p) and will do A calls thenthey said in my interview date that they're not meeting until 10/26 weds and will call/email first round of A's then!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just.a.girl.from.brooklyn
Full Member
I submitted my secondary end of June and was not scored. If the school doesn’t score you does that just mean your application was not reviewed yet?
Last edited:
showkayaker
Full Member
Based on past years and this thread, some applications never move to being scored and do not hear back at all. Others do not get scored and then still receive IIs but that seems rare-erI submitted my secondary end of June and was not scored. If the school doesn’t score you does that just mean your application was not reviewed yet?
traveler15
Full Member
Applied last cycle and was never scored. Still not scored this cycle.
potatolover55
Full Member
any IIs lately? If yes, when did you submit? trying to get a feel of where they are by
just.a.girl.from.brooklyn
Full Member
Ok thank youBased on past years and this thread, some applications never move to being scored and do not hear back at all. Others do not get scored and then still receive IIs but that seems rare-er
Applied last cycle and was never scored. Still not scored this cycle.
same. has anyone asked for an update or sent in an interest letter and been scored afterwards?
Following. Do interest letters just get emailed to adcom?same. has anyone asked for an update or sent in an interest letter and been scored afterwards?
D
deleted1118591
Just got scored for MD/MPH!! Complete 10/17
I checked the portal last night so it definitely happened today, crazy that they're updating on a Sunday
I checked the portal last night so it definitely happened today, crazy that they're updating on a Sunday
interviewed a couple weeks ago and status change today to "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." i feel like i'm gonna throw up LOL
Good luck!![emoji256]
foodieventures
Full Member
Just got scored sometime between last Friday and today. OOS Completed August 9th.
ihatescience99
Full Member
Stats?Sent an update a few days ago and was scored today. Not sure if they are associated though. Complete in late July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blueviolin012
Full Member
Do we know if everyone who interviewed (both acceptances and alternate lists) will be hearing back today?
based on previous years i think A's gets calls and everyone is emailed the following day(s)Do we know if everyone who interviewed (both acceptances and alternate lists) will be hearing back today?
edit: but the portal says we'll get some form of communication within the next 7 days for sure
toiletpaper813
New Member
me either :/anyone get the call today? bc i didn't hear anything :/
CompletelyTired
Full Member
A! Missed my call 😄
Coffeefueled
Full Member
That's exactly what mine says, haven't been scored yet. They have been sending invites thoOut of curiosity, have any MD/Ph.D. applicants been scored? Mine says the MSTP committee has reviewed my application but a final decision has not been met. Yet it is still under review for medical school. I'm just trying to see if all hope is lost.
A! Got the call about an hour ago! 🙂
A! Missed my call 😄
What day was your interview?
Did you also received email confirmation or just call ?What day was your interview?
Congrats! When were you complete?A!! MD-MPH 🙂
09/30What day was your interview?
I got a call first and then an email the next day!Did you also received email confirmation or just call ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Complete 7/22, II received 8/24Congrats! When were you complete?
CompletelyTired
Full Member
BothDid you also received email confirmation or just call ?
any high stat complete early not scored?
D
deleted1087000
I'm not scored yet LM 76.5 but I submitted early Septemberany high stat complete early not scored?
foodieventures
Full Member
I got this message when mine was scored:What does it say when you are scored?
"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March. "
D
deleted1140198
complete literally 4 months ago (6/30) and still not scored. welp
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
We just scored so high it’s taking a while to calculatecomplete literally 4 months ago (6/30) and still not scored. welp
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
Yeah I was complete around the same time and I guess I haven’t been scored yet either. They’re also my alama mater and I’m pretty sure have a bias towards alumni (just based on how many people I know who got into Miller) and my stats are pretty high for them (LM 77) sooooo ****s wack lolcomplete literally 4 months ago (6/30) and still not scored. welp
showkayaker
Full Member
Can people who have been scored and received IIs/a's highlight any general app info to see If we can get a better idea of what they are looking for? Like types of clinical experience (CNA, EMT, Scribe, PCT, PCA ect.), Research (clinical, bench, humanities, social science), pubs/presentations, any x-factors?
Finally got scored this past week, I was complete 7/31. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting an II after being scored??
staypeachy
Full Member
anyone have any insight into why some apps get scored and some don't? if you aren't ever scored does that mean they never even read your app? or just that you weren't competitive enough to be in the running for an interview?
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
Dr. Gervais explained it a little in the interview. Two independent reviewers review ur app and assign a score. Im assuming if you don't meet a certain cutoff from both reviewers then u just arent scored i think thats my assumption. Then after ur scored, depending on if that score is high enough they'll send out an interview to the highest scored people. That was my interpretation from what she said so take it with a grain of salt.anyone have any insight into why some apps get scored and some don't? if you aren't ever scored does that mean they never even read your app? or just that you weren't competitive enough to be in the running for an interview?
D
deleted1130038
Mine says this now:
Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April).
This doesnt see like it means ive been scored?
Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April).
This doesnt see like it means ive been scored?
D
deleted1118591
I think Miami has two different "scored" messages, the one you have and a slightly different one that ends with "Interview invitations are extended between August and March." Fwiw I'm pretty sure I got the message you have on the 23rd and it changed to the other one sometime this weekMine says this now:
Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total from the Committee review. Applications that have been reviewed and scored by the Committee will be considered for interviews during the entire interview cycle (September - April).
This doesnt see like it means ive been scored?
Super confusing, don't know why they have two different messages saying basically the same thing, I've given up trying to understand this school
D
deleted1130038
lol wait thats so weirdI think Miami has two different "scored" messages, the one you have and a slightly different one that ends with "Interview invitations are extended between August and March." Fwiw I'm pretty sure I got the message you have on the 23rd and it changed to the other one sometime this week
Super confusing, don't know why they have two different messages saying basically the same thing, I've given up trying to understand this school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1087000
Kinda messed up considering they ask 6000 words for the secondary lolAdmissions at this school will charge everyone a secondary fee, wont read everyones application, and lie about response times and ghost most of us for a year.
I wish I had an acceptance to an MD school so I could pull my application from here.
D
deleted1140676
Does anyone know when they typically stop scoring people? I was complete in early July and have not been scored yet. Just want to know if I should just give up hope at this point lol
D
deleted1130038
II!!
Do you know when you were scored?II!!