2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WHO IS READY FOR TOMORROW :O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a recent interviewee, hearing back in 8weeks for a decision at this point is hard :(
(gotta stay patient)

As a recent interviewee, hearing back in 8weeks for a decision at this point is hard :(
(gotta stay patient)
I hope after tomorrow they update those who are still waiting to hear back. I was told that I should expect a decision by the end of march but am wondering if that is still the case (early jan II).

Reactions: 1 user
Sending you all lots of love tn on Valentine’s Day knowing many of you are probably as geeked as I am about tomorrow o_O good luck everyone!! You’re a great applicant no matter the outcome (yep, trying to convince myself here as much as anyone else…..)

Reactions: 5 users
I heard that the decision will be informed by a call. Do they leave a voice message if you miss the call? When do you receive decision in email? same day or little later?

I heard that the decision will be informed by a call. Do they leave a voice message if you miss the call? When do you receive decision in email? same day or little later?

Yes, tc will call, that’s the only part of the answer I can confirm cause they said it at interview day

excited finding nemo GIF

Here we go again!

Reactions: 7 users
If i dont have an interview yet, think its a lost cause?
I got an interview invite last Friday, and when I went to schedule it, they had three open interview days...Feb 14th, Feb 28th, and then a date in March (perhaps it was March 14th if they're going on a biweekly schedule? I can't remember exactly what the last date was)

So I think there is still time to earn an invite, however, I think some of MN's later interviews might be for a waitlist spot. At least that's what happened to my friend who interviewed there last February...she was told ahead of time that she was interviewing for a waitlist spot

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Almost 3 hours almost into the day. Anyone received the decision call?

• Sad
All quiet on this side of the Mississippi.... Duluth has interviews until 130ish, so I'm sure we wont here back from them until then. TC only took about 3 hours to make the calls in December, so maybe they're pacing themselves more appropriately this time.

I really appreciate how UMN has given me not 1, but 2 days of adrenaline filled waiting - you can't pay for that - it's priceless.

All quiet on this side of the Mississippi.... Duluth has interviews until 130ish, so I'm sure we wont here back from them until then. TC only took about 3 hours to make the calls in December, so maybe they're pacing themselves more appropriately this time.

I really appreciate how UMN has given me not 1, but 2 days of adrenaline filled waiting - you can't pay for that - it's priceless.
do you mean the TC campus may be calling us later today rather than earlier? I'm pretty sure the December date heard back pretty early in the day

Any idea when do you receive email decision?

Not many people reported, but it looks like on Dec 9th, people started getting rejections close to when they finished up calling A's around 1230PM, and most WL got informed via e-mail after 4 or 5PM. Clearly, this is going a little differently though, so who knows.

do you mean the TC campus may be calling us later today rather than earlier? I'm pretty sure the December date heard back pretty early in the day
Nah, I'm just referring to the Duluth campus for the later call time... I interviewed with both pathways/campuses. Just speculating for fun though. On Dec 9th, TC A's started getting called around 9:30AM and went in order of earliest interview dates...seems different this time. Who knows.

Hi, I received my A in December. I got the call around 11 am. Good luck to you all!

Not many people reported, but it looks like on Dec 9th, people started getting rejections close to when they finished up calling A's around 1230PM, and most WL got informed via e-mail after 4 or 5PM. Clearly, this is going a little differently though, so who knows.

Nah, I'm just referring to the Duluth campus for the later call time... I interviewed with both pathways/campuses. Just speculating for fun though. On Dec 9th, TC A's started getting called around 9:30AM and went in order of earliest interview dates...seems different this time. Who knows.
Note that there are zero confirmed acceptances to duluth here on SDN. I interviewed with duluth in early November. It seemed to be the case in December that we were all waitlisted at around 4pm. It's my understanding that both campus decisions have to be approved by an additional committee. I would not be surprised if they are prioritizing TC decisions and might not have even gotten to duluth at all yet. This is just my suspicion of course.

Note that there are zero confirmed acceptances to duluth here on SDN. I interviewed with duluth in early November. It seemed to be the case in December that we were all waitlisted at around 4pm. It's my understanding that both campus decisions have to be approved by an additional committee. I would not be surprised if they are prioritizing TC decisions and might not have even gotten to duluth at all yet. This is just my suspicion of course.
I thought something similar was up too, very strange indeed.

makes me feel better knowing everyones waiting and in the same boat haha I got pretty anxious having not gotten a call this morning

• Care
Just to add to the info pool, I was accepted to Duluth via call around 1:30pm on Dec 9.

Are Jan II not hearing back today?
I was told during my II (mid jan) that we would *most* likely (annoying wording that gives me hope that maybe we could hear today) not be in this batch. We should expect to hear back mid to end of march.

I was told during my II (mid jan) that we would *most* likely (annoying wording that gives me hope that maybe we could hear today) not be in this batch. We should expect to hear back mid to end of march.
I interviewed yesterday, and the dean of admissions mentioned that [at least some] January interviewees would hear back today

None of the people I know who interviewed Nov+ Dec, myself included, have heard back... Im wondering if theres a hold up on their end

I interviewed yesterday, and the dean of admissions mentioned that [at least some] January interviewees would hear back today
Oh great this cured my FOMO. Im now neurotically going to check my phone and pick up every spam call today lmao

• Haha
None of the people I know who interviewed Nov+ Dec, myself included, have heard back... Im wondering if theres a hold up on their end
Pretty sure there’s some at the end of October who haven’t heard either, they got through October 15th when they released decisions on Dec 9 I think

Just got the A! interviewed 11/15 so excited to be classmates soon!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I forgot to ask while getting the call but did they mention when we would get an email with next steps?

Congrats to all the A's. Just realized my phone number is now incorrect on AMCAS so looks like I'll have to wait a little bit longer 😅.

Got the A for TC, interviewed 11/29. So grateful and excited :)

are they going in order of interview date? do we think they separate OOS and IS? If not, I guess I'm a goner :( anyone receive an R or Waitlist?