You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1146332
Anyone know how common merit scholarships are here?
If i dont have an interview yet, think its a lost cause?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I hope after tomorrow they update those who are still waiting to hear back. I was told that I should expect a decision by the end of march but am wondering if that is still the case (early jan II).As a recent interviewee, hearing back in 8weeks for a decision at this point is hard 🙁
(gotta stay patient)
Uncommon unless you’re URM. They are basically used as recruitment scholarships for those folks.Anyone know how common merit scholarships are here?
D
deleted1146332
Good to know. Thank you!Uncommon unless you’re URM. They are basically used as recruitment scholarships for those folks.
midwesty1996
Full Member
Sending you all lots of love tn on Valentine’s Day knowing many of you are probably as geeked as I am about tomorrow 😵 good luck everyone!! You’re a great applicant no matter the outcome (yep, trying to convince myself here as much as anyone else…..)
I heard that the decision will be informed by a call. Do they leave a voice message if you miss the call? When do you receive decision in email? same day or little later?
Yes, tc will call, that’s the only part of the answer I can confirm cause they said it at interview day
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Here we go again!
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
good luck everyone! sending good vibes to everyone 🙂
dartosfascia10
Full Member
I got an interview invite last Friday, and when I went to schedule it, they had three open interview days...Feb 14th, Feb 28th, and then a date in March (perhaps it was March 14th if they're going on a biweekly schedule? I can't remember exactly what the last date was)If i dont have an interview yet, think its a lost cause?
So I think there is still time to earn an invite, however, I think some of MN's later interviews might be for a waitlist spot. At least that's what happened to my friend who interviewed there last February...she was told ahead of time that she was interviewing for a waitlist spot
Almost 3 hours almost into the day. Anyone received the decision call?
No [emoji24][emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
nope, wonder if they're running behindAlmost 3 hours almost into the day. Anyone received the decision call?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
All quiet on this side of the Mississippi.... Duluth has interviews until 130ish, so I'm sure we wont here back from them until then. TC only took about 3 hours to make the calls in December, so maybe they're pacing themselves more appropriately this time.
I really appreciate how UMN has given me not 1, but 2 days of adrenaline filled waiting - you can't pay for that - it's priceless.
I really appreciate how UMN has given me not 1, but 2 days of adrenaline filled waiting - you can't pay for that - it's priceless.
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
do you mean the TC campus may be calling us later today rather than earlier? I'm pretty sure the December date heard back pretty early in the dayAll quiet on this side of the Mississippi.... Duluth has interviews until 130ish, so I'm sure we wont here back from them until then. TC only took about 3 hours to make the calls in December, so maybe they're pacing themselves more appropriately this time.
I really appreciate how UMN has given me not 1, but 2 days of adrenaline filled waiting - you can't pay for that - it's priceless.
Any idea when do you receive email decision?
Not many people reported, but it looks like on Dec 9th, people started getting rejections close to when they finished up calling A's around 1230PM, and most WL got informed via e-mail after 4 or 5PM. Clearly, this is going a little differently though, so who knows.
Nah, I'm just referring to the Duluth campus for the later call time... I interviewed with both pathways/campuses. Just speculating for fun though. On Dec 9th, TC A's started getting called around 9:30AM and went in order of earliest interview dates...seems different this time. Who knows.do you mean the TC campus may be calling us later today rather than earlier? I'm pretty sure the December date heard back pretty early in the day
sweetbubble414
Full Member
Hi, I received my A in December. I got the call around 11 am. Good luck to you all!
IamTough
New Member
When did you receive the email communication about the decision? On the same day?Hi, I received my A in December. I got the call around 11 am. Good luck to you all!
D
deleted1140762
Note that there are zero confirmed acceptances to duluth here on SDN. I interviewed with duluth in early November. It seemed to be the case in December that we were all waitlisted at around 4pm. It's my understanding that both campus decisions have to be approved by an additional committee. I would not be surprised if they are prioritizing TC decisions and might not have even gotten to duluth at all yet. This is just my suspicion of course.Not many people reported, but it looks like on Dec 9th, people started getting rejections close to when they finished up calling A's around 1230PM, and most WL got informed via e-mail after 4 or 5PM. Clearly, this is going a little differently though, so who knows.
Nah, I'm just referring to the Duluth campus for the later call time... I interviewed with both pathways/campuses. Just speculating for fun though. On Dec 9th, TC A's started getting called around 9:30AM and went in order of earliest interview dates...seems different this time. Who knows.
I thought something similar was up too, very strange indeed.Note that there are zero confirmed acceptances to duluth here on SDN. I interviewed with duluth in early November. It seemed to be the case in December that we were all waitlisted at around 4pm. It's my understanding that both campus decisions have to be approved by an additional committee. I would not be surprised if they are prioritizing TC decisions and might not have even gotten to duluth at all yet. This is just my suspicion of course.
D
deleted1140762
Considering the earliest acceptance to Duluth last year was in November, it is extremely odd.I thought something similar was up too, very strange indeed.
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
makes me feel better knowing everyones waiting and in the same boat haha I got pretty anxious having not gotten a call this morning
talltrees123
New Member
Just to add to the info pool, I was accepted to Duluth via call around 1:30pm on Dec 9.Note that there are zero confirmed acceptances to duluth here on SDN. I interviewed with duluth in early November. It seemed to be the case in December that we were all waitlisted at around 4pm. It's my understanding that both campus decisions have to be approved by an additional committee. I would not be surprised if they are prioritizing TC decisions and might not have even gotten to duluth at all yet. This is just my suspicion of course.
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Feeling major FOMO right now as a Jan II who wont hear back today😭
D
deleted1140762
Oh, well then nevermind I guess lol.Just to add to the info pool, I was accepted to Duluth via call around 1:30pm on Dec 9.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itstotallyfine
Full Member
Are Jan II not hearing back today?Feeling major FOMO right now as a Jan II who wont hear back today😭
I don’t think Jan II’s get a decision today, but I think today they’ll let us know how often decisions will come out going forward.Are Jan II not hearing back today?
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I was told during my II (mid jan) that we would *most* likely (annoying wording that gives me hope that maybe we could hear today) not be in this batch. We should expect to hear back mid to end of march.Are Jan II not hearing back today?
dartosfascia10
Full Member
I interviewed yesterday, and the dean of admissions mentioned that [at least some] January interviewees would hear back todayI was told during my II (mid jan) that we would *most* likely (annoying wording that gives me hope that maybe we could hear today) not be in this batch. We should expect to hear back mid to end of march.
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
None of the people I know who interviewed Nov+ Dec, myself included, have heard back... Im wondering if theres a hold up on their end
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Oh great this cured my FOMO. Im now neurotically going to check my phone and pick up every spam call today lmaoI interviewed yesterday, and the dean of admissions mentioned that [at least some] January interviewees would hear back today
midwesty1996
Full Member
Pretty sure there’s some at the end of October who haven’t heard either, they got through October 15th when they released decisions on Dec 9 I thinkNone of the people I know who interviewed Nov+ Dec, myself included, have heard back... Im wondering if theres a hold up on their end
HowzieMama
New Member
Just got the A! Interviewed 11/1 at TC 🙂
Forestgrump
New Member
One of my friend got the call just now🙂
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
Just got the A! interviewed 11/15 so excited to be classmates soon!
Just got the A! interviewed 11/15 so excited to be classmates soon!
+1!!!!! Ahh
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
I forgot to ask while getting the call but did they mention when we would get an email with next steps?
hotpotato98
Full Member
anyone from 11/8 hear back?
IamTough
New Member
Stats pleaseJust got the A! interviewed 11/15 so excited to be classmates soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IamTough
New Member
Could you share the statsJust got the A! Interviewed 11/1 at TC 🙂
Got the A for TC, interviewed 11/29. So grateful and excited 🙂
congrats! Would you mind sharing if you are IS or OOS?Got the A for TC, interviewed 11/29. So grateful and excited 🙂
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Congrats! They are getting closer to Jan🤞🏻Got the A for TC, interviewed 11/29. So grateful and excited 🙂