You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Northwestern (Feinberg)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got a call from a number in my state lol (which is very far from Chicago lmao). I thought it was gonna be a spam call but decided to pick up just in case. Thank goodness i did.Where was the call from? I missed a call from a 740 number but that's from ohio
LostTranslator
Full Member
might be possible they don't even release defers today, they just call for these A's and everyone else assumes defer, or maybe more A's come out later.i wonder if everyone who gets As gets calls and rest get deffered. I thought they did email for both but this cycle is whack
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1077590
when did u interview?Just got the call!! So looks like they are still going out and I wish everyone the best of luck
Just got out of class. Missed a call at 3:37 from in state which is far from Chicago. Could be just one of the oh so many spam calls I get on a daily basis. I guess I'm in the waiting game with you all...let us know when the emails arrive for the A's.
Mine came pretty quick after the call. Maybe like 15 mins ishJust got out of class. Missed a call at 3:37 from in state which is far from Chicago. Could be just one of the oh so many spam calls I get on a daily basis. I guess I'm in the waiting game with you all...let us know when the emails arrive for the A's.
Doesn't hurt to call back!I have 2 missed calls but no message from a 312 number…. if this was a spam call i’m gonna cry
LostTranslator
Full Member
Let’s see what goes down (if anything) at 6PM CST
theseappsgothands
Full Member
Turns out those calls were from Feinberg! They called me again and I officially got the A 😭😭😭Doesn't hurt to call back!
D
deleted1077590
Someone here said they accept under 1/3 of the class in this wave. Say they do a conservative 1/4, that's like ~100 accepted students in this round based on the spreadsheet. Sounds like a lot of calls to make tbh but what do i know lmao
itjusttakesoneA
Full Member
I interviewed in late September (the 28th I think)? Hope its helpful!when did u interview?
milesofmedicine
Full Member
Got the call about 30 min ago :-,) this is my top choice, I cannot believe it
mf believe it my boy. you the goat frGot the call about 30 min ago :-,) this is my top choice, I cannot believe it
Oh sweet we interviewed on the same day if soI interviewed in late September (the 28th I think)? Hope its helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferral email. When do they make final decisions?
D
deleted1077590
OH MY GOD JUST GOT THE A EMAIL, LOVE SOSA BABY LETS GOOO
unknownmeowmeow
New Member
I JUST GOT IN. I thought they had finished and I was going to have to wait further. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE. NO phone call. just an email.
D
deleted1017183
Got the A!!!
Feinberg was a school I hadn't considered until I was building my school list. It quickly rose to be one of my top choices!
Feinberg was a school I hadn't considered until I was building my school list. It quickly rose to be one of my top choices!
To offset some of the reporting bias (at least, I hope it's reporting bias and not just that I suck that bad), I got the deferral today after an August interview. Stung a little harder since I missed a very badly timed spam call (which at the time I wasn't sure was spam) about 20 minutes before the deferral email. Congrats to those that got acceptances! I hope to join you in March 😛
blissfullylucid
Full Member
I got a youll get your decision at the end email, is that the deferred decision? Which limbo is worse, deferred or wl?
Yes, this is a deferral. A WL is definitely worse, though, as I believe most interviewees are deferred at this stage, with some chances of an outright acceptance in Feb/March. Whereas a WL is a limbo with no end date, and it is harder to get an acceptance at this point. Hope this helps!I got a youll get your decision at the end email, is that the deferred decision? Which limbo is worse, deferred or wl?
littleredhead
Full Member
On my interview date (Nov 6 or 8th, I forget) they told us we just made the cutoff for this wave & could expect to hear back at the end of the month/early December. I didn’t get anything today — maybe more calls/emails tomorrow?
D
deleted1077590
check ur spam just in caseOn my interview date (Nov 6 or 8th, I forget) they told us we just made the cutoff for this wave & could expect to hear back at the end of the month/early December. I didn’t get anything today — maybe more calls/emails tomorrow?
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Also deferred. Fingers crossed for March. Good luckTo offset some of the reporting bias (at least, I hope it's reporting bias and not just that I suck that bad), I got the deferral today after an August interview. Stung a little harder since I missed a very badly timed spam call (which at the time I wasn't sure was spam) about 20 minutes before the deferral email. Congrats to those that got acceptances! I hope to join you in March 😛
For IS ~58%, for OOS ~49%Does anyone know what is their post II acceptance rate?
What about post-deferment? Do those percentages decrease?For IS ~58%, for OOS ~49%
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LostTranslator
Full Member
submitted a letter of continued interest a few weeks afterCongrats to all that were accepted! Quick question for you all--did you submit a letter of continued interest and/or update letter after your interview?
Nope!Congrats to all that were accepted! Quick question for you all--did you submit a letter of continued interest and/or update letter after your interview?
D
deleted1077590
wrote a very lengthy love letter to them as advised by one of my interviewers. Its probably only gonna be seen by adcom prior to making the next round of decisions. In my case, i was told they'd see it the week following my interview. They definitely love them but only do it if its actually your top choiceCongrats to all that were accepted! Quick question for you all--did you submit a letter of continued interest and/or update letter after your interview?
Same here!Nope!
no idea. sorry 🙁What about post-deferment? Do those percentages decrease?
wack_barbie
Full Member
Update - acceptance 12/1OOS II Oct 13. 519 MCAT, 3.9 ogpa, 3.96 sgpa, current grad student with pubs. Update: acceptance 12/1
So Great, Congrats !!!Update - acceptance 12/1
II last night, complete early July. Sent an update letter on Thanksgiving. Best of luck to everyone!
congrats ! BTW, did you get pre II R ? thanks !II last night, complete early July. Sent an update letter on Thanksgiving. Best of luck to everyone!
Nope, an interview invite!congrats ! BTW, did you get pre II R ? thanks !
Nah I haven’t yet. In the same boatHas anyone who has been accepted gotten an email yet regarding their Northwestern email, ID, etc? Essentially the stuff needed to submit the financial aid documents.
When are they scheduling interviews?II last night, complete early July. Sent an update letter on Thanksgiving. Best of luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They had some slots for this week and two slots for next week and that was all I saw in December, and I didn't even look and see if they had January before scheduling.When are they scheduling interviews?
I saw two slots for next week and one in early January.When are they scheduling interviews?
LostTranslator
Full Member
Any updates on this?Has anyone who has been accepted gotten an email yet regarding their Northwestern email, ID, etc? Essentially the stuff needed to submit the financial aid documents.
If you haven't received your credentials yet (which I don't think anyone has), you can still submit the documents. Just use your AAMC ID number instead for whatever documents (actually specify that it is your AAMC ID) and use the email you used on AMCAS.Any updates on this?
update: credentials are out now
Last edited:
D
deleted1077590
Is anyone able to log into CAESAR? Im stuck in an infinity glitch loading screen lol