You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I somehow just now saw that the PCAT selection is on a separate page of the secondary that I never clicked. Would I be a fool to click on it now after all this time, or should I shoot my shot if that's what I'm interested in?
EDIT: Okay it was on the regular page with the rest of the materials, so I'm not sure why I never clicked on it!
EDIT: Okay it was on the regular page with the rest of the materials, so I'm not sure why I never clicked on it!
I somehow just now saw that the PCAT selection is on a separate page of the secondary that I never clicked. Would I be a fool to click on it now after all this time, or should I shoot my shot if that's what I'm interested in?
EDIT: Okay it was on the regular page with the rest of the materials, so I'm not sure why I never clicked on it!
It didn't show up until today, they just added it! I'm working on it now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1117431
What are the essay prompts // how many are there? On my application portal it has PCAT application but describes the PSTPIt didn't show up until today, they just added it! I'm working on it now.
yea same I was really confused to , i think its a typo cause I clicked on it and the PCAT application popped upWhat are the essay prompts // how many are there? On my application portal it has PCAT application but describes the PSTP
There's a PCAT application for supplemental application and you can click on it to register and then it will give you the prompt to select which 3 year MD degree track you are seeking and then the essay is
Why are you interested in this primary care field, why are you a good fit for it, and what do you envision your career in that field would look like? Please limit your response to 500 words or less.
Why are you interested in this primary care field, why are you a good fit for it, and what do you envision your career in that field would look like? Please limit your response to 500 words or less.
Last edited:
damnnn that's like 4 business days it took for them to review the app and decide on an interview. How many cancers have you cured, Mr. Senator of a swing state who has saved 100 puppies? 😛II received complete 10/20
goodluckpanda!
Full Member
How bad would it be to apply to both PCAT and PSTP?
I think it says on the app that you will not be considered for PCAT if you have an application open for PSTP.How bad would it be to apply to both PCAT and PSTP?
The website says you cannot do both, but doesn't say anything about not applying to both:I think it says on the app that you will not be considered for PCAT if you have an application open for PSTP.
Accelerated Pathways at Pitt Med | Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine | University of Pittsburgh
Primary Care Accelerated Track (PCAT) The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine’s Primary Care Accelerated Track (PCAT) was created in 2023 during the development of the Three Rivers Curriculum as a joint program between the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (UPSOM) and UPMC...
www.omed.pitt.edu
I think it is possible to be accepted into both, but then you would need to pick one
I dont get why they are taking so long to send my R , when weeks agao they where giving them like Halloween Candy.
Right?? Just put me out of my misery please so I can move on 😅I dont get why they are taking so long to send my R , when weeks agao they where giving them like Halloween Candy.
Right?? Just put me out of my misery please so I can move on [emoji28]
Relatable
Have I lost my mind, or is the PCAT link now gone? I typed up my answer and went to submit it, but now I don't see the application anywhere?
What do you mean?Have I lost my mind, or is the PCAT link now gone? I typed up my answer and went to submit it, but now I don't see the application anywhere?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe under "Supplemental Application" in the secondary portal, there were links to complete the regular secondary, the PSTP application, and the PCAT application. I had clicked open the link for the PCAT yesterday, written my response to the prompt today, and now that I'm ready to turn it in, I only see my original secondary and the PSTP application pages.
Not sure if they've taken it down for the moment or what, but per the discussion above, it was only uploaded yesterday. My best guess is that they might have taken down the link to fix all the typos that were there. I'm just straight up hoping I didn't accidentally submit a blank page or have some irreparable technical issues!
Not sure if they've taken it down for the moment or what, but per the discussion above, it was only uploaded yesterday. My best guess is that they might have taken down the link to fix all the typos that were there. I'm just straight up hoping I didn't accidentally submit a blank page or have some irreparable technical issues!
Did you apply PSTP?I believe under "Supplemental Application" in the secondary portal, there were links to complete the regular secondary, the PSTP application, and the PCAT application. I had clicked open the link for the PCAT yesterday, written my response to the prompt today, and now that I'm ready to turn it in, I only see my original secondary and the PSTP application pages.
Not sure if they've taken it down for the moment or what, but per the discussion above, it was only uploaded yesterday. My best guess is that they might have taken down the link to fix all the typos that were there. I'm just straight up hoping I didn't accidentally submit a blank page or have some irreparable technical issues!
No, although I remember there being some discussion yesterday about the text being flipped. When I clicked on the PCAT application, it displayed text for the PSTP. Other people reported the same thing above in this thread. The PSTP link also led to PSTP instructions, though, so I thought it was a fluke.Did you apply PSTP?
Anyway, the PCAT prompt was there yesterday, so I answered it in a Word document today. If I don't see it tomorrow I might just call them and get some clarification.
There is no Text for PSTP, the application for PSTP, on;y opens after an interview invite.No, although I remember there being some discussion yesterday about the text being flipped. When I clicked on the PCAT application, it displayed text for the PSTP. Other people reported the same thing above in this thread. The PSTP link also led to PSTP instructions, though, so I thought it was a fluke.
Anyway, the PCAT prompt was there yesterday, so I answered it in a Word document today. If I don't see it tomorrow I might just call them and get some clarification.
I mean I interviewed in October, but there was a whole discussion about the emergence of this PCAT prompt a few days ago!
I’m just wondering why I can’t see it anymore. [emoji848]
I’m just wondering why I can’t see it anymore. [emoji848]
Do you have any new tabs?I mean I interviewed in October, but there was a whole discussion about the emergence of this PCAT prompt a few days ago!
I’m just wondering why I can’t see it anymore. [emoji848]
Do you have any new tabs?
I did before, but now it seems to be gone!
I’m just gonna give them a call this morning!
do you have the admitted student forms tab?I did before, but now it seems to be gone!
I’m just gonna give them a call this morning!
do you have the admitted student forms tab?
Nope! I’m only in a post-interview state at the moment, but I’m not admitted.
I can confirm. The PCAT tab disappeared today for me. Post II, RD.
D
deleted1117431
there is an admitted student forms tabs? They told us on interview day they wouldn't send out acceptances until late January...do you have the admitted student forms tab?
My PCAT form went away too, I'm guessing that it was an IT issue. I submitted my essay and it gave me a confirmation email that I've successfully applied to the PSTP, which is incorrect. They probably have to change the set up to get our essays to the right place
Unrelated, but I love your profile picture.
Me?? Thanks. Gudetama the lazy egg is my spirit animalUnrelated, but I love your profile picture.
Me?? Thanks. Gudetama the lazy egg is my spirit animal
Manifesting that all us hopeful PCATters become the best of friends for 3 years at Pitt
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there is only 6 spots for PCAT right?
Maybe, but I know that one spot is yours.there is only 6 spots for PCAT right?
there is only 6 spots for PCAT right?
Seven spots, per my last check! Increasing the odds by 16.6%
I like the way you think 😉Maybe, but I know that one spot is yours.
Did you end up calling their office at all? I'm wondering if they have a definitive date they will put the application back up because I'm spending all day worrying about this. Bleh
I didn’t call this morning, I just wanted to know if I was the only one lacking it. Now that I know it’s all of us I’m just keeping an eye out.
If I see any change first, I’ll let the chat know!
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
Pre-II R received this morning. Complete 8/1. Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1118591
I was complete mid-august and I'm shaking
beepbeep1999
Full Member
+1 :/no email but portal indicates pre-ii R, complete 8/4
no email but portal indicates pre-ii R, complete 8/4
Where in the portal did you find the R?
my application status, it changed from being reviewed to saying they can't offer me an interview this cycleWhere in the portal did you find the R?
That dreaded day has come. Pre-II R, complete 8/1
Mr.Shawarma
Full Member
+1 Pre-II R
avividsound_
Full Member
Pre-II R. Good luck everyone!![emoji256][emoji36][emoji41]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Pre-II R received this morning. Complete 8/1. Good luck everyone!
Pre-II R, complete 7/31.
+1 Good luck everyone!That dreaded day has come. Pre-II R, complete 8/1