2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if this school sends out acceptance packages??

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get an interview invite in Nov but no email for scheduling it?
Yes, I got an interview invite in November. I just got the invitation email to select an interview date about a week ago. Just watch your email, as you have a short window to reply and select a date when they send out the interview date options.

Reactions: 1 user
Heard back for an interview on 12/9. No update for scheduling yet, does anyone have any idea when I should hear back and how long out the interview dates are when they do notify you of them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back for an interview on 12/9. No update for scheduling yet, does anyone have any idea when I should hear back and how long out the interview dates are when they do notify you of them?

same, I still haven’t heard anything. i’m thinking of emailing admissions today

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i called them today because no response from email. they said they are just getting back from break so we should be hearing soon..the committee still needs to decide on dates.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone send me the accepted students groupchat please?

Interview tomorrow morning! Any last minute advice? Thanks all in advance :)

congrats! i’m still waiting to receive dates, how long before you scheduled your interview?
I think it was about 2 weeks after receiving the initial email. My interview was a month after that though

I think it was about 2 weeks after receiving the initial email. My interview was a month after that though
Just wanted to note for others who are still waiting on interview dates - I had 2 months (to the day) between when I got my II and when I got the date of the interview. They called me directly instead of emailing because they wanted to schedule it for the next day, as they had a cancellation. From talking to admissions it seems they are doing things differently now that the holidays are over (for ex., they said turn around time should be quicker now). Just thought this info may be helpful for some!

Just wanted to note for others who are still waiting on interview dates - I had 2 months (to the day) between when I got my II and when I got the date of the interview. They called me directly instead of emailing because they wanted to schedule it for the next day, as they had a cancellation. From talking to admissions it seems they are doing things differently now that the holidays are over (for ex., they said turn around time should be quicker now). Just thought this info may be helpful for some!
Thanks for sharing this! It's been one month for me now since receiving the invite.Hoping they will give the date soon!

• Care
going for my tour tomorrow for both stratford and sewell. anyone been? want to know what to expect

I sent my II back August, NYC 504 with 3.6 and a butt load if clinicals and research. Is there even still a chance I hear something, or is it too late?

I sent my II back August, NYC 504 with 3.6 and a butt load if clinicals and research. Is there even still a chance I hear something, or is it too late?
i have looked through last years thread and it seems that people have been getting interviews till sometime in April so there is definitely chance. if your heart is set on this school and you have the time maybe send them an update letter?

received dates to schedule my interview today! II 12/9

Reactions: 3 users
i received an email! they only had two dates available in february and after i confirmed the date they sent me another email with time, my interviewer, and the webex link

i received an email! they only had two dates available in February and after i confirmed the date they sent me another email with time, my interviewer, and the webex link
congrats! wow, only 1 other interview date available makes me nervous. hopefully they didn't send out more IIs than they have interview dates available

Does anyone from early or mid December interview invite still not have a date yet?

Has any accepted student received the instructions for background check yet?

What about sending immunization records?

does anyone know how full the class is at this point in the cycle? two years ago their class was full by mid Jan..

Has any accepted student received the instructions for background check yet?

What about sending immunization records?
When I sent in the CBC authorization, they told me I would get an email about that stuff in February.
Also, does anyone know if there is an accepted students GroupMe or Facebook page?

Just got the A email 10 mins ago!! Thanks all for your help and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. For some encouragement - I am a non-trad MCAT: 502 and GPA: 3.95. I applied once my senior year with complete silence from all schools. Now out of school for three years while my husband finished law school. We are expecting our first baby in March 2023 after a very long IVF journey, which was mentioned in my personal statement (risky, i know, but it seemed to be okay!). Had to take the MCAT again while working full time in pharma and going through IVF. Please do not give up on your dreams!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Just got the A email 10 mins ago!! Thanks all for your help and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. For some encouragement - I am a non-trad MCAT: 502 and GPA: 3.95. I applied once my senior year with complete silence from all schools. Now out of school for three years while my husband finished law school. We are expecting our first baby in March 2023 after a very long IVF journey, which was mentioned in my personal statement (risky, i know, but it seemed to be okay!). Had to take the MCAT again while working full time in pharma and going through IVF. Please do not give up on your dreams!!!
That's amazing, congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you.
You pushed through, and kept pursuing your dream. Massive respect.
Congrats on your baby!

• Care