2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the timeframe for when they give interview date availability? II received no dates yet.

Does anyone know if you can establish residency in New Jersey and get instate tuition after the first year for Rowansom?

Anyone know the timeframe for when they give interview date availability? II received no dates yet.
Know I also asked this a few weeks ago but still wondering the same thing... I am scared to bug admissions again since I already emailed them once :/

For the Rowan deposit I’m a little confused. Does it have to be mailed in or can it be done electronically. If I mail it today it wouldnt get in on time… Can anyone clear this up for me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance here today. Hopefully a wonderful student here gets the spot!!

Reactions: 1 users
So my application was submitted 8/19 and I'm from NYC, 504 and 3.6. Is it too late to get an II, do you guys think? What do you think the chances are?

Reactions: 1 user
So my application was submitted 8/19 and I'm from NYC, 504 and 3.6. Is it too late to get an II, do you guys think? What do you think the chances are?

I know someone who interviewed here last April and was accepted. We’re just now at the half way mark. Stay hopeful!

definitely not too late! i have a pretty similar mcat score and received an II last week.

Just had a really weird experience lol… I interviewed here in early December and was accepted via email exactly a week ago (and the acceptance showed up in the portal and everything), but I just got a phone call from my interviewer saying that the committee just met and she wanted to be the first to tell me that I was admitted. She made it sound like the committee had just met/made a decision earlier today. I felt too awkward to say anything about the email, I just thanked her for calling.

I’m obviously really happy to be accepted (twice?) and it was super nice of her to call, but I’m so confused! Does anyone have any idea what happened here lol??

Just had a really weird experience lol… I interviewed here in early December and was accepted via email exactly a week ago (and the acceptance showed up in the portal and everything), but I just got a phone call from my interviewer saying that the committee just met and she wanted to be the first to tell me that I was admitted. She made it sound like the committee had just met/made a decision earlier today. I felt too awkward to say anything about the email, I just thanked her for calling.

I’m obviously really happy to be accepted (twice?) and it was super nice of her to call, but I’m so confused! Does anyone have any idea what happened here lol??
The same thing happened to me, i received my acceptance email a few days ago. I was happy to have received a call from two people on admissions today- felt the love haha :)

Checked my portal today, saw that I was accepted!!! so excited

Reactions: 2 users
For those who saw their A's on their portal, where was your status update?

For those who saw their A's on their portal, where was your status update?

It’s in the portal under a tab called offer something I’m not too sure , I just got email today

Is it worth reaching out or would it be looked down upon
I emailed admissions on 11/18 and they said no update yet. My plan was to give them a call after the holidays if I still haven't heard anything. I know people have opinions on whether to do this or not, but after speaking to a DO I both shadow and am a patient for (she is OMM, went to PCOM), she suggested following up. She said in the realm of things they have so many applications that as long as you aren't calling or emailing weekly, they shouldn't look down upon it.

Has anyone submitted a deposit for this school electronically? Wondering if someone could PM me cause I’m having trouble finding out how to do it

Does anyone know if you can establish residency in New Jersey and get instate tuition after the first year for Rowansom?
I believe I recall looking at the handbook and saw something that prohibited this. I'm not certain, though.

received an II on 12/9 but still no dates..how long before they send dates out? should i reach out to them?

I received an II on 11/9 and then got a call on 12/2 to schedule an interview on 12/6, so I have no idea what their process is

No, people in november who heard back haven’t received dates
I received an II on 11/9, but just got an email on 12/22 to schedule an interview for one of three dates in January.

Did anyone else who has not gotten an II just receive an application courtesy check-in email?

Did anyone else who has not gotten an II just receive an application courtesy check-in email?
Hey if you don't me asking when was your application completed? I haven't received anything like this yet and I've been complete since 09/09/22

I got this too. Not sure how I should feel about this. Part of me feels like if they were going to give me an II, they would have sent me one by now. But another part of me is wondering that that wouldn’t waste their time on talking to us if they didn’t have intentions of potentially giving us an II. Not sure how I should prepare for this either/what I should expect. I hope this isn’t some ploy for them to get us to apply to their masters programs lol

I got this too. Not sure how I should feel about this. Part of me feels like if they were going to give me an II, they would have sent me one by now. But another part of me is wondering that that wouldn’t waste their time on talking to us if they didn’t have intentions of potentially giving us an II. Not sure how I should prepare for this either/what I should expect. I hope this isn’t some ploy for them to get us to apply to their masters programs lol
I really think they are planning to use your expression of interest to make their list of their next interviews. They don’t want to send them to people who already have acceptances they are happy with. No harm in responding if you would like to have a chance to interview.

I really think they are planning to use your expression of interest to make their list of their next interviews. They don’t want to send them to people who already have acceptances they are happy with. No harm in responding if you would like to have a chance to interview.
Oh yeah I definitely took up the offer in a heartbeat lmao. But yeah hopefully what you are saying is true. Maybe they’re doing it to maximize their interview to matriculating yield rate?

I received the same email a few weeks ago, and I met with the admissions office for a 1:1 session. 100% recommend meeting!