2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh wow, did they send you dates the day after they sent you the initial II email?

Was sent II 2/27 and sent dates 2/28. I didn’t realize for 30 min or so because I was at work so I wonder if I missed an earlier date! There were 3 dates in March and I selected the earlier one available at the time.

I got an II on the same date (IS, LM 63.5 for those curious) but I have not been sent dates. Should I reach out?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the II! I don’t think it hurts to call and ask but I’m not sure about their process for sending the date email, based on the previous posts it varies. Hope you get the second email soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Does anyone know if there is an accepted student group chat or anything? Specifically for the PBL/Stratford campus. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

When do they send out IIs? Are they sending out anymore IIs?

When do they send out IIs? Are they sending out anymore IIs?
"Our Admissions Committee Members are in the process of identifying interview dates. Once these dates are confirmed, you will be notified via email with instructions on how to log into our portal to schedule your interview. We will be conducting interviews through May."

This was what I received from admissions so there's still time.

Would it be acceptable to send an email asking if there is an update? I interviewed on 2/9 and it has been silent.

I hope so :/ last year seems like they sent out the last IIs in early April

I talked to the dean of admissions relatively recently and she told me they ran into June last year and will probably go until April this year but nothing is for sure.

Is SGL definitely full? So those who chose SGL are automatically interviewing for a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is SGL definitely full? So those who chose SGL are automatically interviewing for a waitlist?
When I met with admissions for questions and an update about a month ago they told me SGL was full so all spots are for waitlist positions, yet they could be high priority waitlist options which also guarantee you acceptance into next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it normal to be waiting for 2 weeks to get an interview date?
It looks like it varies. Based on previous post some received the dates quickly and some after a month. I don’t think it hurts to reach out as a follow up.

received II on January 4th. Emailed them exactly 1 month later and they said they’d get back to me in 1-2 weeks. Emailed them 3 weeks after that but no response…what gives ? 2+ months and no date ?

• Sad
I am planning on dropping my acceptance (I hope it goes to one of you :) ). Do any of you guys know how I am supposed to do that, email them?

Reactions: 2 users
I am planning on dropping my acceptance (I hope it goes to one of you :) ). Do any of you guys know how I am supposed to do that, email them?
You can call the admissions team directly and they respond really quickly

I'm so concerned they aren't sending ii dates to me after getting a ii invite, I called them but I heard the same please wait message. What should I do?

I'm so concerned they aren't sending ii dates to me after getting a ii invite, I called them but I heard the same please wait message. What should I do?
Same. Got the II beginning of January, and no date. Emailed them a month later, and they said to wait. 3 more emails since, no response.

I'm starting to worry that there are no more IIs that will be sent out anymore

Does Rowan send out one final notification that everything is all set after immunization record submission and background search is completed? Anyone knows what is the process?

What’s the usual turn around time from interview to decision?

What’s the usual turn around time from interview to decision?
They meet every second Friday, so the next wave of decisions will be made this Friday. If you interviewed a few days ago, they will most likely get to your application if your interviewer submits their assessment in time.

They meet every second Friday, so the next wave of decisions will be made this Friday. If you interviewed a few days ago, they will most likely get to your application if your interviewer submits their assessment in time.
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!
hoping you do but I would not get worried if you do not hear back so soon. some get their decision in 2 days and others it takes weeks, they do not seem to have a standard time line, at least that is what i have gathered looking through this thread

hoping you do but I would not get worried if you do not hear back so soon. some get their decision in 2 days and others it takes weeks, they do not seem to have a standard time line, at least that is what i have gathered looking through this thread
I've never thought I would be in the position to have a offer at another school, so I'm anxious to hear back! Hopefully they get back to me soon :giggle:

• Care
I've never thought I would be in the position to have a offer at another school, so I'm anxious to hear back! Hopefully they get back to me soon :giggle:
Congratulations! in which case you might want to let them know- and maybe leverage an offer-- (someone please correct me if I am wrong ) maybe just let them know that you have a time commitment for another offer and you are really interested in rowan and was wondering if you get get a timeline for the response.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still waiting for a ii, after getting a notification for it? I'm getting anxious

Reactions: 2 users
I am still waiting on interview dates since getting the interview email over 3 weeks ago. Has anyone received dates recently?

Does anyone know when the next II will be sent out/how often the committee meets? Looking at the posts this cycle it looked to be every two weeks, but I think the last someone posted about getting one was end of February.

Does anyone know when the next II will be sent out/how often the committee meets? Looking at the posts this cycle it looked to be every two weeks, but I think the last someone posted about getting one was end of February.
That's what I thought too. Are they done and just sending IIs for WL?

I think they're done I'm not sure though, it seems there's a bunch of people that are waiting for ii dates so they are going to send those, they mentioned interview szn does go thru May though but idk

I did see on previous threads that they actually do send IIs in May, so they aren't lying about that

Does anyone know when the next decisions will be released? The wait is killing me

Does anyone know when the next decisions will be released? The wait is killing me
Same! I have a deposit due next week and it’s a huge hit to my sad bank account so I’m hoping for something soon!