2022-2023 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
waiting
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when information about the scholarships for Maine Track is released? And how many are awarded / how they are awarded?
 
Does anyone know when information about the scholarships for Maine Track is released? And how many are awarded / how they are awarded?
I don’t know when the information is released, but I believe everyone is automatically considered for the scholarship (no separate application). Up to twenty scholarships are awarded, and since the class is 40 students, it seems like half of the class receives them. They are NOT need-based and are awarded on “criteria established by a Maine-based scholarship committee”. I’ve heard them referred to as “merit-based” so I don’t know what those criteria are, but it’s safe to assume it’s based on information that’s already included in your application file.
 
I don’t know when the information is released, but I believe everyone is automatically considered for the scholarship (no separate application). Up to twenty scholarships are awarded, and since the class is 40 students, it seems like half of the class receives them. They are NOT need-based and are awarded on “criteria established by a Maine-based scholarship committee”. I’ve heard them referred to as “merit-based” so I don’t know what those criteria are, but it’s safe to assume it’s based on information that’s already included in your application file.
Thank you!!
 
hi! just to confirm - besides the candidate reply, there's nothing else we have to do until next year?
 
Should I wait till my interview to update them next month or should I do it now through a letter
 
Should I wait till my interview to update them next month or should I do it now through a letter
I don't think it will hurt to save it for the interview! They'll find out regardless, but since you already have the II there isn't much more an update letter would do for you between now and your interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the event friday is just an optional visit session. they’ll be doing them January-March as people get in I assume, its lunch with current students and a tour. the official accepted students day event will be in april they said!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all acceptances! I am interviewing early next month, could anyone tell me the stress level of the interviews?
I'm gonna be completely honest; both of my interviewers were pretty tough, and I thought I bombed them (which is why I'm stunned). I would say only 10-20% of the questions I was asked were about myself/my experiences. However!!! I do think my interview experience is just one of VERY many, and it seemed like everyone else in my interview cohort came back from their interviews feeling great (so I really do think that the majority of interviews are more casual/personal). This is cheesy but the most important thing is that I tried to be myself and keep a level-head. Do the same, and you'll be great!!
 
Mine were very relaxed. Was just was asked about me really
+1 I just remember everyone being very nice and the questions were pretty easy. The environment that day was very low stress and everyone was really helpful in answering questions about curriculum, finance, academics etc.. best of luck to those interviewing!