2022-2023 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone who has been under review since 7/8 the silence is killing me. I wonder if they have an algorithm where apps are not reviewed in the ordered they’re received
They definitely don't review apps in just chronological order--I was complete on 7/24 and went under review on 8/4
 
As someone who has been under review since 7/8 the silence is killing me. I wonder if they have an algorithm where apps are not reviewed in the ordered they’re received
im sure its more complicated than chronological order! I know Tulane says they mainly care about LORs and grades at this point in the application so perhaps theyre going based off highest GPA/MCAT combo (so LizzyM score basically)
 
im sure its more complicated than chronological order! I know Tulane says they mainly care about LORs and grades at this point in the application so perhaps theyre going based off highest GPA/MCAT combo (so lizzym score basically)

Lizzy > 80, complete 12Jul and still not under review, so probably not that!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
190 was matriculated not accepted, so it's a 3 sided coin toss of ending up at Tulane, not being admitted. There's a post-II tracker floating around somewhere, not sure how up-to-date or accurate it is.
According to MSAR, they waitlist 300 people with 40 getting off of it. That means max about 300 As, about 50%?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you just now posting about getting an II, did your email come recently as in they're still actively sending them today, or did you receive an email earlier in the day?

If I was a guessing man, they came at 3:00 PM EST as the others did. I sadly don't think this is another wave of IIs today.
 
II RD, OOS - female, non-trad, 510/3.86. I scheduled my interview for this first avail that I saw which was 10/20... when did everyone else who was RD schedule theirs?
 
How did you guys write your shadowing hours on the primary? Was it a list or describe them in detail? But we’re only allowed 15 experiences
I only list the dates, the physicians, where they work and what department, hours completed, and their contact information. All in one big fat "shadowing" activity
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you guys write your shadowing hours on the primary? Was it a list or describe them in detail? But we’re only allowed 15 experiences
There is not much to write about unless you truly had something from it (like you got to do something that impacted another person or yourself). I just ended up writing it out as a list since I had multiple.
 
There is not much to write about unless you truly had something from it (like you got to do something that impacted another person or yourself). I just ended up writing it out as a list since I had multiple.
Just like 1,2,3,4 so on so forth kind of thing? I'm assuming if they wanted to know they'd ask at the interviews?