You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
I think it's normal; my application went under review on 7/12 and the status never changed from "your application is ready"My status online still says "your application is ready"
However I got an email on 7/22 that my application is under review.
I submitted on 7/6.
Does anyone have this same issue?
My status online still says "your application is ready"
However I got an email on 7/22 that my application is under review.
I submitted on 7/6.
Does anyone have this same issue?
I just checked my application as well and I am experiencing the same thing. I think it is nothing. The optimist in me wants to believe that this is a good sign. The pessimist in me believes that this is a bad sign. We shall see, I guess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! you as well! I am not too disappointed since this was a low yield school but part of me felt a slap to the face because it was a first R lol.I'm so sorry to hear 🙁. I have been enjoying your comments in this thread. Good luck with other schools.
I'm pretty sure mine still says application is ready. I already got II. Don't worry about it.My status online still says "your application is ready"
However I got an email on 7/22 that my application is under review.
I submitted on 7/6.
Does anyone have this same issue?
asksa
Full Member
I'm pretty sure mine still says application is ready. I already got II. Don't worry about it.
You got II? When did you complete?
I'm ED.You got II? When did you complete?
asksa
Full Member
I'm ED.
Ohh gotcha! Good luck!!!
I'm pretty sure mine still says application is ready. I already got II. Don't worry about it.
I am pretty sure it means nothing as of right now but I do know that my application on the portal stated that it was under review before today and that it changed to "Your application is ready." within the last 3-4 days.
As of right now, I am not worried about it and I just think that it is interesting!
Interesting! Mine never changed I don't think.I am pretty sure it means nothing as of right now but I do know that my application on the portal stated that it was under review before today and that it changed to "Your application is ready." within the last 3-4 days.
As of right now, I am not worried about it and I just think that it is interesting!
Interesting! Mine never changed I don't think.
I feel like at this point, I have gaslighted myself and now I am not sure what was the case prior, I feel as though I have seen it say "Your application is under review" before but now I am questioning myself. Oh well.

D
deleted1106377
I’d just not think about it tbh. There isn’t a reason to check your portal so frequently. You will get an email notification if something updates unless your email address has changed or somethingI feel like at this point, I have gaslighted myself and now I am not sure what was the case prior, I feel as though I have seen it say "Your application is under review" before but now I am questioning myself. Oh well.![]()
I’d just not think about it tbh. There isn’t a reason to check your portal so frequently. You will get an email notification if something updates unless your email address has changed or something
Yeah, that is exactly what I am going to do!
I checked it because neurotic lol, then I saw some mistakes on my application and decided not to check it again.I’d just not think about it tbh. There isn’t a reason to check your portal so frequently. You will get an email notification if something updates unless your email address has changed or something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Painbtw in the rejection email they said they are getting 17,000 applications this cycle
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
Interestingly, they have their own methodology for selecting candidates too, because people across all sorts of stat ranges get in, so they really make it hard to predict admissions likelihood. I, for one, will be rejecting my own rationalism though and taking it extremely hard if I get rejected.btw in the rejection email they said they are getting 17,000 applications this cycle
showkayaker
Full Member
Is it too late to submit to Tulane at this point? Was currently working on secondary
I just submitted their secondary this morning, yoloIs it too late to submit to Tulane at this point? Was currently working on secondary
D
deleted1106377
It may take you a few weeks to be under review, but I say still shoot your shot. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.Is it too late to submit to Tulane at this point? Was currently working on secondary
D
deleted1106377
They're pretty transparent about their admission process. If you look at their website, the highest weight is given to grades and LORs and they are predominantly used in the screening process. I imagine LORs can make or break an app, and that is the only part premeds can't really predict.Interestingly, they have their own methodology for selecting candidates too, because people across all sorts of stat ranges get in, so they really make it hard to predict admissions likelihood. I, for one, will be rejecting my own rationalism though and taking it extremely hard if I get rejected.
They're pretty transparent about their admission process. If you look at their website, the highest weight is given to grades and LORs and they are predominantly used in the screening process. I imagine LORs can make or break an app, and that is the only part premeds can't really predict.
Would you mind sending the link to the page that states this?
Edit:
Nevermind, I was able to find it: MD Admissions
It is under the "Screening" tab
D
deleted1106377
Yeah and it makes sense given their mission. They probably want to see LORs that speak highly of an applicant's interpersonal and professional skills. It makes sense why some high stat applicants may get rejected. Their LORs may be good but not enthusiastic.Would you mind sending the link to the page that states this?
Edit:
Nevermind, I was able to find it: MD Admissions
It is under the "Screening" tab
its scary because its the one thing we dont have control over. one of my writers actually shared their letter with me after they sent it. I was definitely honored by what they wrote.Yeah and it makes sense given their mission. They probably want to see LORs that speak highly of an applicant's interpersonal and professional skills. It makes sense why some high stat applicants may get rejected. Their LORs may be good but not enthusiastic.
D
deleted1106377
Technically we have some control (we can control who writes the letter), but yeah I feel you. I think that's what also makes it one of the best ways to learn about personal attributes so that is why it is empahsized.its scary because its the one thing we dont have control over. one of my writers actually shared their letter with me after they sent it. I was definitely honored by what they wrote.
I also make sure to scope out my letter writers by asking if they can write me a “strong” LOR and discussing it a bit with them.
I personally think it’s wrong to agree to write a letter of recommendation then make it negative. Just turn down the request if you can’t recommend a student.
I personally think it’s wrong to agree to write a letter of recommendation then make it negative. Just turn down the request if you can’t recommend a student.
One of my LOR writers is super scary (to me at least, I'm sure he's a good person) and just asking him to write the letter scared the **** out of me. I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.I also make sure to scope out my letter writers by asking if they can write me a “strong” LOR and discussing it a bit with them.
I personally think it’s wrong to agree to write a letter of recommendation then make it negative. Just turn down the request if you can’t recommend a student.
Does anyone know where to find more details about the specific research opportunities offered to Tulane medical students?
They have Debakey scholars program. Maybe look that up?Does anyone know where to find more details about the specific research opportunities offered to Tulane medical students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on hold - pretty sure this is a soft R
LM 71, WARS 76, ORM
Went under review 7/6
LM 71, WARS 76, ORM
Went under review 7/6
When did you submit?Hold for interview just now, went under review 7/12 🙁
I submitted on 7/2When did you submit?
D
deleted1130038
ugh sorry. i think it will happen to most of us in the next couple days. do they email/portal change?Hold for interview just now, went under review 7/12 🙁
D
deleted1140198
Hold
I got an email! It was very nice lolugh sorry. i think it will happen to most of us in the next couple days. do they email/portal change?
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Seeing this thread as someone who went under review 7/12 👀
Just waiting for the rejection-hammer to come down
Just waiting for the rejection-hammer to come down
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
This gives me fear because our stats are nearly identicalPlaced on hold - pretty sure this is a soft R
LM 71, WARS 76, ORM
Went under review 7/6
D
deleted1106377
Also just placed on hold unfortunately. LM 71, ORM, OOS. This does feel like a soft R unfortunately, but we'll see. Curious if any RD has heard back for a II.
D
deleted1130038
sorry but when were you complete?Also just placed on hold unfortunately. LM 71, ORM, OOS. This does feel like a soft R unfortunately, but we'll see. Curious if any RD has heard back for a II.
D
deleted1106377
Under review like 7/8. Oh well, time to move on lol.sorry but when were you complete?
Last edited by a moderator:
First rejection of the cycle.
Has anyone been rejected who was under review on 7/22?/Submitted on 7/6?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn't that better than getting rejected? Or is that what others have been saying when they got rejected.Hold for interview just now, went under review 7/12 🙁
lol has anyone gotten an interview?
alexhart99
Full Member
Hi everyone! New Canadian Student to SDN applying to American schools.
Submitted secondary 07/19, under review 07/29. Hoping for the best! I am guessing I will hear back in a week or two based on some of the responses here 🙂
Submitted secondary 07/19, under review 07/29. Hoping for the best! I am guessing I will hear back in a week or two based on some of the responses here 🙂
D
deleted1130038
seems like everyone who has heard was under review 7/12. as someone who was under review 7/13 im not lookin forward to tomorrow LOL