You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
My guess would be blood sacrifice and they seem to like non-trads as well. I have heard that Tulane has a really pleasant culture among the med students though, and it is genuinely one of my top choices.I'm not sure what Tulane even wants. I know it is not about stats because there are many people I know who got in with 495-510 range. One person took the mcat 5 times and highest was 498 and got in. Current MS 2 now.
They are very cultural with the medical students and even express that early on with the interviewees.My guess would be blood sacrifice and they seem to like non-trads as well. I have heard that Tulane has a really pleasant culture among the med students though, and it is genuinely one of my top choices.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On that note, they also seem to be focused on campus life and see how students balance their academic life with the campus life (service, leadership, etc)They are very cultural with the medical students and even express that early on with the interviewees.
Anyone 6/29 or later get anything today?
6/28 and nothing, just been under review since 7/5 lolAnyone 6/29 or later get anything today?
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Complete 7/15 and still not under review, is anyone else in a similar situation?
D
deleted1106377
It seems like everyone who heard back submitted day one.Anyone 6/29 or later get anything today?
Not sure when was the first day, but I was certainly submitted the day they sent me a secondary in JuneIt seems like everyone who heard back submitted day one.
+1Complete 7/15 and still not under review, is anyone else in a similar situation?
dideperfect123
Full Member
Complete 7/15 and still not under review, is anyone else in a similar situation?
+2
Maybe it is good news and they haven't sent out interview invites yet. Seems like people only received on-hold and rejection emails.6/28 and nothing, just been under review since 7/5 lol
Are they gonna ruin everyone's week by sending out rejections on Mondays 😃6/28 and nothing, just been under review since 7/5 lol
I've been job hunting, so hopefully, no bad news while I am in the midst of that lol. every school that does holds and early rejections has left me in silence, so it's just mixed feelings seeing people get these early notifications lolAre they gonna ruin everyone's week by sending out rejections on Mondays 😃
I heard its typically good to not be on hold because it's hard to get off of hold and also it is known as a soft rejection (despite Adcoms saying otherwise, they just like to keep it positive lol).Maybe it is good news and they haven't sent out interview invites yet. Seems like people only received on-hold and rejection emails.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven’t heard anything yet. Judging by the great stats the ppl that have gotten rejections.
Insert Ralph Wiggum
“I’m in danger”
Insert Ralph Wiggum
“I’m in danger”
If they just selected by GPA/MCAT, they’d have a much higher MCAT average.Haven’t heard anything yet. Judging by the great stats the ppl that have gotten rejections.
Insert Ralph Wiggum
“I’m in danger”
traveler15
Full Member
I am under review as of yesterday and was complete 7/11
D
deleted1106377
Yeah this school could easily have a much higher average.If they just selected by GPA/MCAT, they’d have a much higher MCAT average.
bobbymcshaw
Full Member
Yes everyone goes under review, but you may not be notified that you are under review. That's what happened to me, I never received a notification or status update on portal but my application was reviewed.I think everyone goes under review before a decision is made.
complete 7/12, just went under review, kinda feels like Normandy tho, eventually one of us will make it to the beach
Complete 18Jul, and under review today
Last year Interviews went out on the 10th of August. I am betting IIs come out tomorrow or Wednesday!
Oh that's relieving. I thought they meant from May to July, Tulane already received 17000 applications, for only 190 medical school seats.Those are numbers from last year, I don’t think those are this years number.
how do you know how many apps they received?Oh that's relieving. I thought they meant from May to July, Tulane already received 17000 applications, for only 190 medical school seats.
D
deleted1106377
We only know last year how many they received, we have no idea about this year.how do you know how many apps they received?
Msar info from last year.how do you know how many apps they received?
I’m sure you’re perseverance and dedication will pay off. If you don’t mind me asking did you do your SMP at Tulane?Ouch, first R of the cycle. I'm a reapplicant and the first one always hurts the most :/
2.78 uGPA, 3.98 SMP GPA, 521 MCAT, ORM, OOS
Thankfully no or else it would be an even bigger slap to the face. Did the SMP at a place that starts with George and ends with town.I’m sure you’re perseverance and dedication will pay off. If you don’t mind me asking did you do your SMP at Tulane?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m really sorry. Yeah that’s true. I hope you do hear back the good news. Thank you for answering my question as well!Thankfully no or else it would be an even bigger slap to the face. Did the SMP at a place that starts with George and ends with town.
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Ahh George Washingtown is a good program!Thankfully no or else it would be an even bigger slap to the face. Did the SMP at a place that starts with George and ends with town.
R sent over email right now at 10:55 AM 😢. Good luck to everyone still in the race!
D
deleted1140198
sorry 🙁 do you mind sharing when you submitted / stats?R sent over email right now at 10:55 AM 😢. Good luck to everyone still in the race!
6/28 invite. 7/1 submitted. 7.11 under review. 8.9 Rsorry 🙁 do you mind sharing when you submitted / stats?
OS 511, 3.9, extensive research but not great clinical/volunteer
First R by email 🥲. 507 MCAT 3.65, ORM OOS, extensive clinical, community and research hours. Tons of leadership
I'm so sorry to hear 🙁. I have been enjoying your comments in this thread. Good luck with other schools.First R by email 🥲. 507 MCAT 3.65, ORM OOS, extensive clinical, community and research hours. Tons of leadership
Pineapple768
Full Member
dideperfect123
Full Member
Did those who got the R email get the under review status, or did you go straight from complete?
Pineapple768
Full Member
What are they looking for the most? Because Ik they’re holistic
Pineapple768
Full Member
I was under review 7/11Did those who got the R email get the under review status, or did you go straight from complete?
I was under review. Everyone will go under review--> decision. If you're on complete just take a breather, the status change will comeDid those who got the R email get the under review status, or did you go straight from complete?
honestMaize28
Full Member
Went under review 8/2 and still waitingAnyone who went under review in August and got rejected? Just want to brace myself..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that worked because each question is reviewed by a unique personCasper is a joke lol. I used the same format for every question like a goddamn robot and got 4th quartile? If they had allowed copy and paste half of mine would be that.
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
keep your head up king/queen! when were you complete?Rejected 😄lol 8/9 10:59 am OOS, lizzym 65
D
deleted1106377
Man this school has been brutal the past couple of days. Wishing the best of luck to everyone. You guys are amazing.
Still waiting… I’m scared.
I feel like this right now.
I feel like this right now.
Pineapple768
Full Member
I was under review 7/11keep your head up king/queen! when were you complete?