-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Under review for 2 months...so curious what their system is for reviewing applications
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under review 9/3, pre-II R this morning. So sad but best of luck to those of you still waiting/interviewing soon!
L
last year I was under review for almost 4 months till I got my II. Don’t give up hope 🙂Under review for 2 months...so curious what their system is for reviewing applications
Def get this take as well. Just trying to reason why make someone suffer through a hold if it is essentially the same as an R. It’s also my first cycle so I’m sure there’s some naivety at play here. Also with so few interview spots left? Why make the distinction between hold and R at this point in the cycle le if there isn’t a differenceI feel like that's overtly optimistic. There's way too many holds for them to reflect "strong interest."
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
I would imagine that if interviews have been extended all the way into March, that gives a lot of time for people to back out of interviews as they get accepted elsewhere. Thus, opening spots for waitlisted folks! Moreover, if I get accepted to my number one school, I will not be doing any other interviews. I would bet a lot of people hold the same sentiment.Def get this take as well. Just trying to reason why make someone suffer through a hold if it is essentially the same as an R. It’s also my first cycle so I’m sure there’s some naivety at play here. Also with so few interview spots left? Why make the distinction between hold and R at this point in the cycle le if there isn’t a difference
Absolutely this. If I'm accepted to my state school, I'll withdraw from everything else. I can't afford to take the day off for more interviews, and my state school is my dream. ; )I would imagine that if interviews have been extended all the way into March, that gives a lot of time for people to back out of interviews as they get accepted elsewhere. Thus, opening spots for waitlisted folks! Moreover, if I get accepted to my number one school, I will not be doing any other interviews. I would bet a lot of people hold the same sentiment.
D
deleted1146825
Also have been under review for almost 2 months now, hoping we hear back soon!Under review for 2 months...so curious what their system is for reviewing applications
D
deleted833891
Per the interview day guide , it takes 4-6 weeks for a decision and they start sending out acceptances Mid October. We should hear by the 15th/17thFor those who interviewed in August, when do you guys think we could hear a decision?
submitted mid July and placed on hold today...and I never even went "under review" lol.
Placed on hold, under review 8/7. The email makes it sound like an II is possible, but given the amount of holds they’ve given out and the fact that they’re booked through March, I’m treating this as a soft R.
D
deleted1141836
Pre-II R. It was a nice email at least! under review 9/06
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sadpanda347
New Member
What score are you referring to? Interviewed 8/22 and haven't heard anything since.Did anyone who interviewed already hear back their score yet?
Sadpanda347
New Member
Last year it was about 35% including the waitlist movement. On MSAR it says the earliest Tulane will send acceptances is Oct 14th, so hopefully, some of us can hear back today.Is it safe to think the post interview A percentage is about 40%?
taguylla2
Full Member
Yes I meant our decision, not score sorry. Also Tulane accepts about 250-300 out of 600 interviews, so safe to say that post interview A is about 45-50%?Last year it was about 35% including the waitlist movement. On MSAR it says the earliest Tulane will send acceptances is Oct 14th, so hopefully, some of us can hear back today.
Sadpanda347
New Member
Oh I gotcha lol. On MSAR it says they accepted 40 off the waitlist and matriculated 190, so it should be around 230/600= about 38%. But I guess that doesn't account for people accepted off the waitlist who declined, so I'm hoping you're right 🙂Yes I meant our decision, not score sorry. Also Tulane accepts about 250-300 out of 600 interviews, so safe to say that post interview A is about 45-50%?
Did ed find out on the exact day it could be released? Also their website says 10/15 so idk why it’s different than MSAR. Agh good luck everyone
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
my doomsday is getting nearer. I was under review 9/7.Pre-II R. It was a nice email at least! under review 9/06
There isn't an "earliest day" for ED. They just have to let applicants know if they're admitted by 10/1. This year it looks like they got back to them on 9/30.Did ed find out on the exact day it could be released? Also their website says 10/15 so idk why it’s different than MSAR. Agh good luck everyone
Did ed find out on the exact day it could be released? Also their website says 10/15 so idk why it’s different than MSAR. Agh good luck everyone
They emailed us at the beginning of the week and let us know they’d be sending it a day early since the 1st fell on the weekend. We got notification on Friday the 30th.
just got off the phone w Melissa. Says they haven’t heard anything ab any decisions coming today, and that nothing would be released this weekend. So earliest is Monday.
D
deleted833891
Thanks for calling !just got off the phone w Melissa. Says they haven’t heard anything ab any decisions coming today, and that nothing would be released this weekend. So earliest is Monday.
Who is Melissa?Thanks for calling !
D
deleted833891
Just got placed on the acceptance range
Nightcrawler00
Full Member
Just got placed on the acceptance range
+1
Sadpanda347
New Member
+1, Is the acceptance range basically a waitlist?Just got placed on the acceptance range
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, really bummed, thought the interview went greatJust got placed on the acceptance range
D
deleted833891
Yes+1, Is the acceptance range basically a waitlist?
Just got placed on the acceptance range
Did you get this message via email?
D
deleted833891
YesDid you get this message via email?
wannabeamedstudent
Full Member
+1, really bummedJust got placed on the acceptance range
Acceptance range
llamanutella
New Member
Acceptance range... ugh I hope this doesn't turn into cycle 2 of getting waitlisted everywhere
What time was the email sent to you?FIRST A just now! Oh my god I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same. 😢+1, really bummed, thought the interview went great
EMWannaBeDoc22
Full Member
Anyone hear back who interviewed on 9/13?
5:30 PM ESTWhat time was the email sent to you?
CheGuayaba
New Member
Can someone explain how the acceptance range works? Should I start focusing on other interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain how the acceptance range works? Should I start focusing on other interviews?
It’s essentially an unranked waiting list. So they keep you on their radar and when the inevitable time comes that the waitlist starts to move (usually May) you may get accepted then. It’s good to keep on their radar as well, sending them updates when you can and reiterating interest is key. You’ll essentially never hear a no from them until classes begin in august or unless you withdraw.
I interview in Jan. Does this mean there will be no spots left ???!! If they already have a
acceptance range
Not at all. They put some of us in acceptance range early on to make room for later interviews.
Not at all. They put some of us in acceptance range early on to make room for later interviews.
Not sure what you mean [emoji53]
Sounds like they do not immediately accept/put a portion that have interviewed onto the "acceptance range"/waitlist in order to interview future candidatesNot sure what you mean [emoji53]