2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview in Jan. Does this mean there will be no spots left ???!! If they already have a
acceptance range

Not at all. They put some of us in acceptance range early on to make room for later interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure what you mean
Sounds like they do not immediately accept/put a portion that have interviewed onto the "acceptance range"/waitlist in order to interview future candidates

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a Tulane email and got excited, but it was a monthly student organization email. In it, they said it's optional for those who want to participate and not part of the admissions process. Do they realize what day it is? 😭😓, anxiety is high.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the acceptance range typically starts to move? And when we should be sending letters of intent

Does anyone know when the acceptance range typically starts to move? And when we should be sending letters of intent

Technically the acceptance range can move at any point but it typically won’t start moving til end of February. And there’s usually a lot of movement come May (after people commit to their respective schools). The typical advice I’ve read is that you wait a couple months and then send a LOI, but someone feel free to correct me on that.

Reactions: 1 user
Technically the acceptance range can move at any point but it typically won’t start moving til end of February. And there’s usually a lot of movement come May (after people commit to their respective schools). The typical advice I’ve read is that you wait a couple months and then send a LOI, but someone feel free to correct me on that.
Also acceptance range. Interviewed 8/31 and went to Tulane for undergrad. My friend is a current first year there and said he knows a bunch of people who got in off acceptance range. I think the best thing to do is stay positive, update with relevant info/interest, and let the cycle play out.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi could someone please PM me the link to the accepted students groupme? I was also admitted ED. Thanks!

II today. Only dates available were in March 🥲. I’ll forget about the interview by then. I was complete 8/9 and LM 68 urm
edit: put under review 9/3!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Better than a rejection! :) when did you interview?

I interviewed on 09/07! It was far and away my roughest interview, so at least I have that going for me.

It’s interesting that the email says “the great majority of candidates are placed into this category.” Seems like it would be the other way around. I’ll still hope for all the best!

And to whomever asked above, I saw in last year’s thread that 40 out of 300 applicants in the acceptance range are admitted. I don’t know if that’s actually true, but they said it with some authority in their tone.

I interviewed on 9/13 and still haven't heard back. Has anyone else gotten anything?

I have been under review since 8/23 and wouldn't mind receiving that juicy R at this point just so that I can feel something lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I was complete almost 3 months ago, and got an email just TODAY saying I’m under review. And people are scheduling interviews for March. Do I even stand a chance anymore lol

don't forget that people will drop their interviews once they get into higher ranked school:)

just curious what yall think since tulane is “unranked…” do yall think its a T30, T20? lower?

just curious what yall think since tulane is “unranked…” do yall think its a T30, T20? lower?
I believe it was in the mid-50s the last time Tulane participated in the US News Rankings back in the early 2000s. The school removed themselves from the rankings by refusing to submit the questionnaires they are given back to US News due to various issues they had with the ranking's methodology.

Some issues with the US News ranking are that their research ranking is based largely on research $$$. Tulane is at a disadvantage here because it does not receive as much research funding as some schools as the school does not have *as* much of a research focus as those schools. Their primary care ranking also has issues in that it is determined based off of how many students match into internal med and family med, but does not differentiate between students who go on to specialize after completing an internal med residency.

Tulane is still included in the residency program director rankings that US News does. The results of which are usually compiled in a Reddit thread each year. This is the one from 2021 where Tulane is ranked 59th. Note that this is also a flawed measure as a lot of residency directors do not submit the survey back to US News.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I believe it was in the mid-50s the last time Tulane participated in the US News Rankings back in the early 2000s. The school removed themselves from the rankings by refusing to submit the questionnaires they are given back to US News due to various issues they had with the ranking's methodology.

Some issues with the US News ranking are that their research ranking is based largely on research $$$. Tulane is at a disadvantage here because it does not receive as much research funding as some schools as the school does not have *as* much of a research focus as those schools. Their primary care ranking also has issues in that it is determined based off of how many students match into internal med and family med, but does not differentiate between students who go on to specialize after completing an internal med residency.

Tulane is still included in the residency program director rankings that US News does. The results of which are usually compiled in a Reddit thread each year. This is the one from 2021 where Tulane is ranked 59th. Note that this is also a flawed measure as a lot of residency directors do not submit the survey back to US News.
thanks! i appreciate the answer.

• Care
Hold for possible interview this morning - OOS ORM, LM 82, complete 8/3 and under review 9/2. Looks like a soft R from how far out they’re scheduling interviews, but still grateful it’s not an outright R!

• Love
OOS pre-I rejection today lol... around 8:50 AM. Under review 9/12. Stats are pretty low so I wasn't surprised but did anyone find their rejection email so absurd? "This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away." like kick me when I'm down plz

• Care
Still haven't heard back from them and I interviewed 9/13 /: Anyone else heard anything?

Just got an II this morning! Very surprised since I felt like it was an out of reach school 😅. Scheduled my interview for November 7

• Love
Just got an II this morning! Very surprised since I felt like it was an out of reach school 😅. Scheduled my interview for November 7
Congrats! When were you put under review?