You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FreshPrince1712
Full Member
Has anyone gotten in off the acceptance range yet? seems like little to no movement
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Man, the last reported acceptance in this thread was on Jan 3 from a 10/25 interviewer. This 11 week wait is officially suffocating me. Every email I receive gives me heart palpitations. Just wanted to share so anyone else stalking this thread feels less alone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This process is not for the faint of heart. Will be crossing my fingers for you! I got AR back in October but am still holding onto hope for myself.Man, the last reported acceptance in this thread was on Jan 3 from a 10/25 interviewer. This 11 week wait is officially suffocating me. Every email I receive gives me heart palpitations. Just wanted to share so anyone else stalking this thread feels less alone.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
AS YOU SHOULD BE. Not over yet!This process is not for the faint of heart. Will be crossing my fingers for you! I got AR back in October but am still holding onto hope for myself.
FreshPrince1712
Full Member
lol sameThis process is not for the faint of heart. Will be crossing my fingers for you! I got AR back in October but am still holding onto hope for myself.
BunnanaBoat
Full Member
Received a pre-II hold this morning. Complete 11/14 and was told my application was being reviewed on 01/13
BunnanaBoat
Full Member
Has anyone ever received an II after being placed on hold?
A few people have. Very rare.Has anyone ever received an II after being placed on hold?
that was my interview date! glad it went to someone on here. go crush it!!Received a ll on Friday 😊 only date available was March 1st
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Accepted students (which does not include me as today is week 12 of waiting post-II)... still curious though: have y'all heard anything about an in-person 2nd look? Also CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted! I SO hope to be in your shoes if the anxiety of waiting doesn't kill me first!🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think at this point you should reach out to them and ask. They did say we should here back in 4-6 weeks post-interview..Accepted students (which does not include me as today is week 12 of waiting post-II)... still curious though: have y'all heard anything about an in-person 2nd look? Also CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted! I SO hope to be in your shoes if the anxiety of waiting doesn't kill me first!🤣
MakingWaves
New Member
Yes, these are the second look dates:Accepted students (which does not include me as today is week 12 of waiting post-II)... still curious though: have y'all heard anything about an in-person 2nd look? Also CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted! I SO hope to be in your shoes if the anxiety of waiting doesn't kill me first!🤣
3/24
3/31
4/7
4/14
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
Just got A email after being put on acceptance range in October
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
ACCEPTED!!!!!! It feels like they saw my above post in here as I got the email like an hour later! Interviewed 12/3, OOS, ORM, non-trad. I AM ECSTATIC!
Just got A email after being put on acceptance range in October
Omg congrats! Wait you really were waitlisted??
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
Thanks! Yeah, I think I interviewed on the first day of the cycle and was given acceptance range (aka waitlist) in mid-October.Omg congrats! Wait you really were waitlisted??
I haven’t done anything since then (no updates or anything like that), so the email today was pretty out of the blue!
Thanks! Yeah, I think I interviewed on the first day of the cycle and was given acceptance range (aka waitlist) in mid-October.
I haven’t done anything since then (no updates or anything like that), so the email today was pretty out of the blue!
Wow this is exciting news!
asksa
Full Member
Just got A email after being put on acceptance range in October
Congrats!!!ACCEPTED!!!!!! It feels like they saw my above post in here as I got the email like an hour later! Interviewed 12/3, OOS, ORM, non-trad. I AM ECSTATIC!
asksa
Full Member
When did you interview?A!!!!! im in disbelief. 🙏🙏🙏
beginning of jan! so 7 weeks about.When did you interview?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Congratulations!! When were you placed on AR?A off of the AR list!! I am in tears
Any Jan 11 interviewees hear back yet?
Didn’t hear back today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I was placed on AR mid NovemberCongratulations!! When were you placed on AR?
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I don't think it means anything! I heard back yesterday, but I interviewed a full month before you. I imagine there will be more movement in the next two weeks!Jan 4 and also didn't hear back. Not sure what that quite means ): but I want to tell everyone in here who recently reported an A - congratulations!! You're gonna be a doctor!!!!
I found some of the techniques outlined on this site to be helpful (especially table 3!)Does anyone have any resources or tips to prepare for the standardized patient portion of the interview? Those who have gone through it how was it?
Motivational interviewing techniques
The Stages of Change model and motivational interviewingProchaska and DiClemente2 proposed readiness for change as a vital mediator of behavioural change. Their…
www.racgp.org.au
Overall it was pretty relaxed and informal, so don’t stress 🙂 good luck!
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
For Post II is there any correlation between a longer wait for a decision being better? I thought I read in an old thread there was a connection. Good luck everyone!
I don’t think so. I think Tulane randomly selects which application to review hence some people hear back faster and some later.For Post II is there any correlation between a longer wait for a decision being better? I thought I read in an old thread there was a connection. Good luck everyone!
caffinated
Full Member
Nope, still nothingAny Jan 11 interviewees hear back yet?
There are 3 interviews: 1 with faculty (could also be with the director or dean of admissions), 1 is with a med student and 1 is a standardized patient station (also proctored by a med student).Is one of the two traditional interviews with a current med student? The website says this but the schedule in an email I got just says faculty interview.
Standardized patient interview is just like any other interview. Just be able to have a convo with someone.Hiiii I’m sure this has alr been said but this thread hella long and I have my interview coming up soon, so I was wondering if anyone could explain how the patient simulations thing works? Is it like Tulane’s version of a mmi? Also just in gen how was the interview??
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
Still on hold for interview. Do they even have any interview slots left?
What's AR?Do they R post II? thought it was A, AR or R but looking at past threads, havent seen any R. 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
acceptance range/wait listWhat's AR?
good luck 😉acceptance range/wait list
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Good luck to you too!!😉good luck 😉
Are we expecting any decisions today 👀
I was hoping for one but it looks like it might not be the day.