2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Tulane allows for rescheduling interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, the last reported acceptance in this thread was on Jan 3 from a 10/25 interviewer. This 11 week wait is officially suffocating me. Every email I receive gives me heart palpitations. Just wanted to share so anyone else stalking this thread feels less alone.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Man, the last reported acceptance in this thread was on Jan 3 from a 10/25 interviewer. This 11 week wait is officially suffocating me. Every email I receive gives me heart palpitations. Just wanted to share so anyone else stalking this thread feels less alone.
This process is not for the faint of heart. Will be crossing my fingers for you! I got AR back in October but am still holding onto hope for myself.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I don't think we will see any waitlist movement till interviews are done.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully they’ll kick the decision releasing into high gear once Mardi Gras and/or interviews are over…🙃

Reactions: 4 users
Received a pre-II hold this morning. Complete 11/14 and was told my application was being reviewed on 01/13

• Care
Received a ll on Friday :giggle: only date available was March 1st

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dying in anxiety... Can't even enjoy Mardi Gras :/

Accepted students (which does not include me as today is week 12 of waiting post-II)... still curious though: have y'all heard anything about an in-person 2nd look? Also CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted! I SO hope to be in your shoes if the anxiety of waiting doesn't kill me first!:rofl:

Accepted students (which does not include me as today is week 12 of waiting post-II)... still curious though: have y'all heard anything about an in-person 2nd look? Also CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted! I SO hope to be in your shoes if the anxiety of waiting doesn't kill me first!:rofl:
I think at this point you should reach out to them and ask. They did say we should here back in 4-6 weeks post-interview..

Yes, these are the second look dates:
3/24
3/31
4/7
4/14

ACCEPTED!!!!!! It feels like they saw my above post in here as I got the email like an hour later! Interviewed 12/3, OOS, ORM, non-trad. I AM ECSTATIC!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Omg congrats! Wait you really were waitlisted??
Thanks! Yeah, I think I interviewed on the first day of the cycle and was given acceptance range (aka waitlist) in mid-October.

I haven’t done anything since then (no updates or anything like that), so the email today was pretty out of the blue!

Thanks! Yeah, I think I interviewed on the first day of the cycle and was given acceptance range (aka waitlist) in mid-October.

I haven’t done anything since then (no updates or anything like that), so the email today was pretty out of the blue!

Wow this is exciting news!

Jan 4 and also didn't hear back. Not sure what that quite means ): but I want to tell everyone in here who recently reported an A - congratulations!! You're gonna be a doctor!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Jan 4 and also didn't hear back. Not sure what that quite means ): but I want to tell everyone in here who recently reported an A - congratulations!! You're gonna be a doctor!!!!
I don't think it means anything! I heard back yesterday, but I interviewed a full month before you. I imagine there will be more movement in the next two weeks!

• Care
Does anyone have any resources or tips to prepare for the standardized patient portion of the interview? Those who have gone through it how was it?

Does anyone have any resources or tips to prepare for the standardized patient portion of the interview? Those who have gone through it how was it?
I found some of the techniques outlined on this site to be helpful (especially table 3!)

Overall it was pretty relaxed and informal, so don’t stress :) good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For Post II is there any correlation between a longer wait for a decision being better? I thought I read in an old thread there was a connection. Good luck everyone!

• Wow
For Post II is there any correlation between a longer wait for a decision being better? I thought I read in an old thread there was a connection. Good luck everyone!
I don’t think so. I think Tulane randomly selects which application to review hence some people hear back faster and some later.

Is one of the two traditional interviews with a current med student? The website says this but the schedule in an email I got just says faculty interview.

Is one of the two traditional interviews with a current med student? The website says this but the schedule in an email I got just says faculty interview.
There are 3 interviews: 1 with faculty (could also be with the director or dean of admissions), 1 is with a med student and 1 is a standardized patient station (also proctored by a med student).

Reactions: 3 users
Hiiii I’m sure this has alr been said but this thread hella long and I have my interview coming up soon, so I was wondering if anyone could explain how the patient simulations thing works? Is it like Tulane’s version of a mmi? Also just in gen how was the interview???

• Dislike
Hiiii I’m sure this has alr been said but this thread hella long and I have my interview coming up soon, so I was wondering if anyone could explain how the patient simulations thing works? Is it like Tulane’s version of a mmi? Also just in gen how was the interview??
Standardized patient interview is just like any other interview. Just be able to have a convo with someone.