2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a pre-II hold on 1/17. Under review on 10/31. Submitted secondary 8/22. Trying to stay hopeful!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Got waitlisted for an interview decision today. I wonder if it's even worth hoping for at this point

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who sent updates or LOI, did you upload it through the portal or send it through email?

For those of you who sent updates or LOI, did you upload it through the portal or send it through email?
I think they prefer an upload through the portal and that's how I sent mine.

Reactions: 2 users
1. Why is this thread so goddmn long, 2. What is this patient interaction portion of the interview / anyone have any general interview comments or tips to share?

1. Why is this thread so goddmn long, 2. What is this patient interaction portion of the interview / anyone have any general interview comments or tips to share?
1. Non-T20 private school that draws from all over. This leads to the second highest number of applicants in the country as it’s a target school for the majority of applicants.
2. The patient scenario is really nothing to worry about. I’m being a bit vague as they ask us to not share details. Point is, we aren’t expected to be trained clinicians yet so it’s more to gauge our empathy and interpersonal skills. I actually got some really helpful feedback at the end.
For the two other interviews, they tend to be very conversational and chill. Try to relax and use it as an opportunity to casually sell yourself a bit.

Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
November interviewees - have y'all heard back? I interviewed Dec 2nd and trying to gauge whether my hopefulness to hear this week is too optimistic, haha...

November interviewees - have y'all heard back? I interviewed Dec 2nd and trying to gauge whether my hopefulness to hear this week is too optimistic, haha...

From prior messages in the thread up to 12/6 have heard back. But idk if they’re going in order

From prior messages in the thread up to 12/6 have heard back. But idk if they’re going in order
Yeah! I saw that one message from 12/6 and was thinking more would begin populating from around that time but nothing since! Patience is a virtue... patience is a virtue...

Put on hold this morning. Complete 9/11 and under review 11/30. Good luck to everyone else!!
Also, I sent in an update on 01/27, do you all think they had the chance to look at that letter prior to this decision?

My application has been "under review" since August 12th like no hold, II, or rejection..Does anyone think I should contact admissions? I'm leaning no but I genuinely haven't heard of anyone else under review for this long and am wondering if my application somehow didn't get reviewed

My application has been "under review" since August 12th like no hold, II, or rejection..Does anyone think I should contact admissions? I'm leaning no but I genuinely haven't heard of anyone else under review for this long and am wondering if my application somehow didn't get reviewed
I would follow up. If anything, it shows you’re interested in the program.

+1

I have been on an interview hold for a while now. I know they say in their emails, "No news is good news!", but going months without any news is concerning, especially considering Tulane stops sending out interview invitations this month. Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone be kind enough to share the resources you guys used to prep for the standardized patient part of the interview?

I found some of the techniques outlined on this site to be helpful (especially table 3)! But don't stress...it's super informal.

Last edited:
  • Care
I have been on an interview hold for a while now. I know they say in their emails, "No news is good news!", but going months without any news is concerning, especially considering Tulane stops sending out interview invitations this month. Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?
I sent a pre-interview update via the portal, and it's my understanding that they encourage updates if you have them.

Yes! I sent mine in December and then got an ii in January! So def recommended

Anyone know how long they take to give a decision post-interview? they didn't really tell us anything on my interview day and online I see it says 4-6 weeks typically

Anyone know how long they take to give a decision post-interview? they didn't really tell us anything on my interview day and online I see it says 4-6 weeks typically

They said 4-8 weeks on my interview day but I know some people who haven’t heard anything for more than 10 weeks :/

• Sad
I read this thread every time it pops up and it seems like… < five people have actually reported getting a direct acceptance (someone mentioned their roommate got in and so on).

Have there been any actual waves of acceptances that I’ve missed, or has anyone moved off of acceptance range?

Got acceptance ranged back in October, sent an update in December, wondering if there may be movement one of these days or if it’s been seen yet!

I read this thread every time it pops up and it seems like… < five people have actually reported getting a direct acceptance (someone mentioned their roommate got in and so on).

Have there been any actual waves of acceptances that I’ve missed, or has anyone moved off of acceptance range?

Got acceptance ranged back in October, sent an update in December, wondering if there may be movement one of these days or if it’s been seen yet!
There have been many unreported acceptances as people have been steadily joining the admitted students group. There still appears to be a good number of spots left and no acceptance range waitlist movement at this time.

They said 4-8 weeks on my interview day but I know some people who haven’t heard anything for more than 10 weeks :/
They said 4-6 weeks on my day... this Friday will be 10 weeks!

• Wow
any chance they are still sending IIs? 🤡
According to their website, Interviews are held from August through mid-March. I wouldn't give up hope just yet

Interviewed Jan 11 and anxiously waiting to hear back ahhh

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed Jan 11 and anxiously waiting to hear back ahhh
Also anxious to hear back ahhh…wonder if anyone from January has heard back or if they’re still only working on Dec…

Also anxious to hear back ahhh…wonder if anyone from January has heard back or if they’re still only working on Dec…

Also January and haven’t heard back

• Sad