You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Someone on this thread in mid-January said they did.Has anyone ever gotten an II after a hold at this school?
Got waitlisted for an interview decision today. I wonder if it's even worth hoping for at this point
It's not over till it's over my guy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever gotten an II after a hold at this school?
Yes!! Got a hold back in December and sent an update and interest letter the same day and then got an ii in Jan! So def possible🙂
I think they prefer an upload through the portal and that's how I sent mine.For those of you who sent updates or LOI, did you upload it through the portal or send it through email?
i second thisI think they prefer an upload through the portal and that's how I sent mine.
anonymousapplicant34567
Full Member
1. Why is this thread so goddmn long, 2. What is this patient interaction portion of the interview / anyone have any general interview comments or tips to share?
prudent_pelican
New Member
Pre-II hold this morning. under review 12/14, complete 10/15
1. Non-T20 private school that draws from all over. This leads to the second highest number of applicants in the country as it’s a target school for the majority of applicants.1. Why is this thread so goddmn long, 2. What is this patient interaction portion of the interview / anyone have any general interview comments or tips to share?
2. The patient scenario is really nothing to worry about. I’m being a bit vague as they ask us to not share details. Point is, we aren’t expected to be trained clinicians yet so it’s more to gauge our empathy and interpersonal skills. I actually got some really helpful feedback at the end.
For the two other interviews, they tend to be very conversational and chill. Try to relax and use it as an opportunity to casually sell yourself a bit.
Good luck!
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
November interviewees - have y'all heard back? I interviewed Dec 2nd and trying to gauge whether my hopefulness to hear this week is too optimistic, haha...
November interviewees - have y'all heard back? I interviewed Dec 2nd and trying to gauge whether my hopefulness to hear this week is too optimistic, haha...
From prior messages in the thread up to 12/6 have heard back. But idk if they’re going in order
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Yeah! I saw that one message from 12/6 and was thinking more would begin populating from around that time but nothing since! Patience is a virtue... patience is a virtue...From prior messages in the thread up to 12/6 have heard back. But idk if they’re going in order
FutureMDCol
Full Member
Pre II Hold yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fairypixiemed
Full Member
Put on hold this morning. Complete 9/11 and under review 11/30. Good luck to everyone else!!
Also, I sent in an update on 01/27, do you all think they had the chance to look at that letter prior to this decision?
Also, I sent in an update on 01/27, do you all think they had the chance to look at that letter prior to this decision?
My application has been "under review" since August 12th like no hold, II, or rejection..Does anyone think I should contact admissions? I'm leaning no but I genuinely haven't heard of anyone else under review for this long and am wondering if my application somehow didn't get reviewed
I would follow up. If anything, it shows you’re interested in the program.My application has been "under review" since August 12th like no hold, II, or rejection..Does anyone think I should contact admissions? I'm leaning no but I genuinely haven't heard of anyone else under review for this long and am wondering if my application somehow didn't get reviewed
+1My application has been "under review" since August 12th like no hold, II, or rejection..Does anyone think I should contact admissions? I'm leaning no but I genuinely haven't heard of anyone else under review for this long and am wondering if my application somehow didn't get reviewed
MindQuad
Full Member
I have been on an interview hold for a while now. I know they say in their emails, "No news is good news!", but going months without any news is concerning, especially considering Tulane stops sending out interview invitations this month. Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?
Would anyone be kind enough to share the resources you guys used to prep for the standardized patient part of the interview?
I found some of the techniques outlined on this site to be helpful (especially table 3)! But don't stress...it's super informal.
Motivational interviewing techniques
The Stages of Change model and motivational interviewingProchaska and DiClemente2 proposed readiness for change as a vital mediator of behavioural change. Their…
www.racgp.org.au
Last edited:
I sent a pre-interview update via the portal, and it's my understanding that they encourage updates if you have them.I have been on an interview hold for a while now. I know they say in their emails, "No news is good news!", but going months without any news is concerning, especially considering Tulane stops sending out interview invitations this month. Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?
I have been on an interview hold for a while now. I know they say in their emails, "No news is good news!", but going months without any news is concerning, especially considering Tulane stops sending out interview invitations this month. Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?
Yes! I sent mine in December and then got an ii in January! So def recommended
anonymousapplicant34567
Full Member
Anyone know how long they take to give a decision post-interview? they didn't really tell us anything on my interview day and online I see it says 4-6 weeks typically
asksa
Full Member
Anyone know how long they take to give a decision post-interview? they didn't really tell us anything on my interview day and online I see it says 4-6 weeks typically
They said 4-8 weeks on my interview day but I know some people who haven’t heard anything for more than 10 weeks :/
I read this thread every time it pops up and it seems like… < five people have actually reported getting a direct acceptance (someone mentioned their roommate got in and so on).
Have there been any actual waves of acceptances that I’ve missed, or has anyone moved off of acceptance range?
Got acceptance ranged back in October, sent an update in December, wondering if there may be movement one of these days or if it’s been seen yet!
Have there been any actual waves of acceptances that I’ve missed, or has anyone moved off of acceptance range?
Got acceptance ranged back in October, sent an update in December, wondering if there may be movement one of these days or if it’s been seen yet!
MakingWaves
New Member
There have been many unreported acceptances as people have been steadily joining the admitted students group. There still appears to be a good number of spots left and no acceptance range waitlist movement at this time.I read this thread every time it pops up and it seems like… < five people have actually reported getting a direct acceptance (someone mentioned their roommate got in and so on).
Have there been any actual waves of acceptances that I’ve missed, or has anyone moved off of acceptance range?
Got acceptance ranged back in October, sent an update in December, wondering if there may be movement one of these days or if it’s been seen yet!
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
They said 4-6 weeks on my day... this Friday will be 10 weeks!They said 4-8 weeks on my interview day but I know some people who haven’t heard anything for more than 10 weeks :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cantwaittobedone:)
Full Member
Been on hold for about 2 months. Do Y'all think it's time to give up hope?
According to their website, Interviews are held from August through mid-March. I wouldn't give up hope just yetany chance they are still sending IIs? 🤡
According to their website, Interviews are held from August through mid-March. I wouldn't give up hope just yet
Just got an II
useryugo606
New Member
Were you on hold? If so, when were you placed on hold?Just got an II
Were you on hold? If so, when were you placed on hold?
Was never on hold. Complete mid aug
Nice, when is your interview?Was never on hold. Complete mid aug
3/3!Nice, when is your interview?
chronically_sad
New Member
AR this morning, interviewed 12/9.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
12/2 and no word 😢 but I know I'm not alone. We're all in the same boat but BOY I am feeling soooo impatient this week.Interviewed Jan 11 and anxiously waiting to hear back ahhh
When does the acceptance range start to move?
Also anxious to hear back ahhh…wonder if anyone from January has heard back or if they’re still only working on Dec…Interviewed Jan 11 and anxiously waiting to hear back ahhh
asksa
Full Member
Also anxious to hear back ahhh…wonder if anyone from January has heard back or if they’re still only working on Dec…
Also January and haven’t heard back [emoji31]
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
12/2 and no word here 😭Also January and haven’t heard back [emoji31]
hey @MakingWaves! could you please invite me as well?Yes, I'll send you an invite
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MakingWaves
New Member
Sure thing, I'll dm it to you
Does anyone know if Tulane allows for rescheduling interviews?
Does anyone know if Tulane allows for rescheduling interviews?
Yes, I had mine rescheduled for an earlier date.
Thanks!Yes, I had mine rescheduled for an earlier date.