You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caffinated
Full Member
SameAR just now, also interviewed 1/11
Anyone from 1/25 interview day heard anything back yet?
1/25 Interviewee here. Nothing yetAnyone from 1/25 interview day heard anything back yet?
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing (or PMing) your stats?Acceptance just now. Canadian applicant. Interviewed Jan 11. So excited that I cannot even write properly.
I'm Canadian as well
Sure 🙂Congratulations! Do you mind sharing (or PMing) your stats?
I'm Canadian as well
OnwardnUpward
New Member
I think this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how they review applicants?
I interviewed on 1/6 and I've seen people who interviewed before and after me get responses, but I've heard nothing yet. I heard it's somewhat random, but it's been over 2 months and still no word
I interviewed on 1/6 and I've seen people who interviewed before and after me get responses, but I've heard nothing yet. I heard it's somewhat random, but it's been over 2 months and still no word
Same boat - interviewed 1/4 and have heard no news yet. I can't see inside the machine, but if it's any reassurance it looks like we'll be hearing back soon. Hang in there.I think this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how they review applicants?
I interviewed on 1/6 and I've seen people who interviewed before and after me get responses, but I've heard nothing yet. I heard it's somewhat random, but it's been over 2 months and still no word
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I never found my student interviewer's email -- and I TRIED! To the point that I felt I was being annoying. So, I gave up and hoped for the best. Was accepted two weeks ago - so I think its all good! I did send a thank you to my faculty interviewer!How did people find the emails of their student interviewers for sending thank you notes? I'm struggling lol debating on just sending them to the general email or uploading to the portal - has anyone done that instead?
Because I pored over years and years of these threads hunting for data that would help elucidate this process in any way at all and ease my anxieties a little, I wanted to post my timeline information to give future applicants data points. I didn’t want to provide all of this in real-time because I worried it might add to others’ anxieties. This is such a stressful process and we’re all in this together!
Application complete: 9/6/22
Under review: 10/5/22
Interview invite: 11/30/22
Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)
Decision: 2/16/22 (Acceptance Range)
I sent a Letter of Intent (the put a ring on it kind) earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to admins in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload information to the portal.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be interviewed or otherwise.
Application complete: 9/6/22
Under review: 10/5/22
Interview invite: 11/30/22
Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)
Decision: 2/16/22 (Acceptance Range)
I sent a Letter of Intent (the put a ring on it kind) earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to admins in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload information to the portal.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be interviewed or otherwise.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Good luck! I am seriously rooting for you!!!Because I pored over years and years of these threads hunting for data that would help elucidate this process in any way at all and ease my anxieties a little, I wanted to post my timeline information to give future applicants data points. I didn’t want to provide all of this in real-time because I worried it might add to others’ anxieties. This is such a stressful process and we’re all in this together!
Application complete: 9/6/22
Under review: 10/5/22
Interview invite: 11/30/22
Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)
Decision: 2/16/22 (Acceptance Range)
I sent a Letter of Intent earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to people at the school in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload to the portal.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be interviewed or otherwise.
Thank you! Hope to see you in NOLA in the Fall! *fingers crossed*Good luck! I am seriously rooting for you!!!
Interviewed 1/25; Nothing yetHas anyone else who interviewed 1/25 heard back yet?
OnwardnUpward
New Member
Weird timing because I just posted for the first time this morning, but I finally got the A!
Applied in July, got the invite in August, and interviewed on 1/6.
I hope you guys hear back soon! Hang in there.
Applied in July, got the invite in August, and interviewed on 1/6.
I hope you guys hear back soon! Hang in there.
I feel you. Interviewed 9/7/22 and still radio silence (besides one LGBT+ Interest group meeting that doesn't affect your application). I've been sending updates every month or every two months about small improvements I've had, but still nothing.Because I pored over years and years of these threads hunting for data that would help elucidate this process in any way at all and ease my anxieties a little, I wanted to post my timeline information to give future applicants data points. I didn’t want to provide all of this in real-time because I worried it might add to others’ anxieties. This is such a stressful process and we’re all in this together!
Application complete: 9/6/22
Under review: 10/5/22
Interview invite: 11/30/22
Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)
Decision: 2/16/22 (Acceptance Range)
I sent a Letter of Intent (the put a ring on it kind) earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to admins in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload information to the portal.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be interviewed or otherwise.
Depressing as someone who's on his 3rd cycle.
It's not entirely Depressing though, since I've been accepted to LSU Shreveport, but I want to be in that dual MD/MPH program through Tulane or LSU NOLA (still on the WL for them). Plus NOLA is home, closer to family. So either school I'm fine with. Guess I can get the MPH later down the line, but would be nice to get both degrees in 4 years.
While I'm still on the WL for LSU NOLA, they did give me an update that they looked at WL people again, accepted some, but I'm still on the WL. Appreciate the communication on their part.
I interviewed 02/01. Have not heard back yet.Were there interview days between 1/25 and 2/8? I'm anxiously trying to figure out what's the earliest I can hear back lol
I believe so unfortunately. Their website says if u haven’t received an II by first week of March you will get your pre-II R letter 🙁Has Tulane stopped interviewing?
I believe so unfortunately. Their website says if u haven’t received an II by first week of March you will get your pre-II R letter 🙁
Just wondering when waitlist movement starts [emoji1696]
asksa
Full Member
Just wondering when waitlist movement starts [emoji1696]
Same, i might die in anxiety before the movement begins lol
Samesies 🥲Same, i might die in anxiety before the movement begins lol
There were interviews todayHas Tulane stopped interviewing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I was wondering the same! Just applied for LSU Nola scholarships last week so curious if Tulane has an additional application as well!has anyone gotten an email yet ab scholarships? can u apply for one?
How much time did they give you to accept your seat?Just got A email after being put on acceptance range in October
Is Tulane still interviewing applicants? I haven't heard anything and I submitted my secondary on 8/15.
AR just now😔. Interviewed 1/25
tinypenguin
Full Member
pre-II R just now
+1pre-II R just now
beepbeep1999
Full Member
+1 Pre-II R!
There's spots leftIf we interviewed in march lol are we just basically interviewing for the waitlist at this point or do ppl actually get accepted and not acceptance range from later interviews?
caffinated
Full Member
Does Tulane give out enough As to fill their class or do they only give out a few and then draw the rest from the AR pool? I'm kinda confused
asksa
Full Member
There's spots left
Do you know how many spots are left?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are 87 people in the FB group rn but there could be more given that most people don't use FB.Do you know how many spots are left?
Does Tulane give out enough As to fill their class or do they only give out a few and then draw the rest from the AR pool? I'm kinda confused
I was also thinking about this
pre-II R Tuesday