2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the last interview date is for this school?

Reactions: 1 user
Are they going to release more decisions this week?

Acceptance just now. Canadian applicant. Interviewed Jan 11. So excited that I cannot even write properly.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
How did people find the emails of their student interviewers for sending thank you notes? I'm struggling lol debating on just sending them to the general email or uploading to the portal - has anyone done that instead?

AR just now, also interviewed 1/11

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how they review applicants?
I interviewed on 1/6 and I've seen people who interviewed before and after me get responses, but I've heard nothing yet. I heard it's somewhat random, but it's been over 2 months and still no word

I think this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how they review applicants?
I interviewed on 1/6 and I've seen people who interviewed before and after me get responses, but I've heard nothing yet. I heard it's somewhat random, but it's been over 2 months and still no word
Same boat - interviewed 1/4 and have heard no news yet. I can't see inside the machine, but if it's any reassurance it looks like we'll be hearing back soon. Hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
How did people find the emails of their student interviewers for sending thank you notes? I'm struggling lol debating on just sending them to the general email or uploading to the portal - has anyone done that instead?
I never found my student interviewer's email -- and I TRIED! To the point that I felt I was being annoying. So, I gave up and hoped for the best. Was accepted two weeks ago - so I think its all good! I did send a thank you to my faculty interviewer!

• Love
Because I pored over years and years of these threads hunting for data that would help elucidate this process in any way at all and ease my anxieties a little, I wanted to post my timeline information to give future applicants data points. I didn’t want to provide all of this in real-time because I worried it might add to others’ anxieties. This is such a stressful process and we’re all in this together!

Application complete: 9/6/22
Under review: 10/5/22
Interview invite: 11/30/22
Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)
Decision: 2/16/22 (Acceptance Range)

I sent a Letter of Intent (the put a ring on it kind) earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to admins in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload information to the portal.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be interviewed or otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Because I pored over years and years of these threads hunting for data that would help elucidate this process in any way at all and ease my anxieties a little, I wanted to post my timeline information to give future applicants data points. I didn’t want to provide all of this in real-time because I worried it might add to others’ anxieties. This is such a stressful process and we’re all in this together!

Interview: 12/9/22 (I’m pretty sure this date was only available due to cancellations, but I can’t confirm.)

I sent a Letter of Intent earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to people at the school in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload to the portal.

Good luck! I am seriously rooting for you!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else who interviewed 1/25 heard back yet?

Weird timing because I just posted for the first time this morning, but I finally got the A!
Applied in July, got the invite in August, and interviewed on 1/6.
I hope you guys hear back soon! Hang in there.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know if Preview Day/2nd Look has a virtual option? Flights from Canada to NOLA are expensive lol (especially since it's such a short timeframe).

Were there interview days between 1/25 and 2/8? I'm anxiously trying to figure out what's the earliest I can hear back lol

I sent a Letter of Intent (the put a ring on it kind) earlier this week and the stress of not knowing if/when it will be seen is crippling! I read in several other years that people emailed these directly to admins in addition to uploading it to the portal, but I’ve decided to stick to their instructions to only upload information to the portal.

I feel you. Interviewed 9/7/22 and still radio silence (besides one LGBT+ Interest group meeting that doesn't affect your application). I've been sending updates every month or every two months about small improvements I've had, but still nothing.
Depressing as someone who's on his 3rd cycle.

It's not entirely Depressing though, since I've been accepted to LSU Shreveport, but I want to be in that dual MD/MPH program through Tulane or LSU NOLA (still on the WL for them). Plus NOLA is home, closer to family. So either school I'm fine with. Guess I can get the MPH later down the line, but would be nice to get both degrees in 4 years.

While I'm still on the WL for LSU NOLA, they did give me an update that they looked at WL people again, accepted some, but I'm still on the WL. Appreciate the communication on their part.

Has Tulane stopped interviewing?
I believe so unfortunately. Their website says if u haven’t received an II by first week of March you will get your pre-II R letter :(

I believe so unfortunately. Their website says if u haven’t received an II by first week of March you will get your pre-II R letter :(

Just wondering when waitlist movement starts

Reactions: 3 users
Is Tulane still interviewing applicants? I haven't heard anything and I submitted my secondary on 8/15.

Pre-II R, apparently they’ve completed their interview season

• Care
If we interviewed in march lol are we just basically interviewing for the waitlist at this point or do ppl actually get accepted and not acceptance range from later interviews?

R but didn't think I even applied.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
If we interviewed in march lol are we just basically interviewing for the waitlist at this point or do ppl actually get accepted and not acceptance range from later interviews?
There's spots left

Does Tulane give out enough As to fill their class or do they only give out a few and then draw the rest from the AR pool? I'm kinda confused