2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
… OOS secondary received without an MCAT… they say they don’t send secondaries to everyone, is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

… OOS secondary received without an MCAT… they say they don’t send secondaries to everyone, is that true?
Many of the UC schools pre-screen before sending secondaries

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And ~16,000 characters later, secondary is submitted lol

Reactions: 4 users
Submitted (pre-verified) primary 7/22 and got the secondary invite 7/25. Was not expecting it to come so quickly

Whats your GPA?

edit: you also might be a strong mission fit
Overall is just below 3.7. I have a couple of graduate degrees and I’m a veteran…. Have like 2k’ish hours in rural primary care, about 10k hours between research and teaching.

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall is just below 3.7. I have a couple of graduate degrees and I’m a veteran…. Have like 2k’ish hours in rural primary care, about 10k hours between research and teaching.

Yeah I see why they sent you a secondary now. You’re insane

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I submitted my primary the day it opened and still haven't received anything :( Im also IS + local SD resident

I got my app verified yesterday. They said the recieved my app yesterday and no secondary. Ik some people who got secondaries within an 1 hr of the primary recieved email

App verified 8/1, acknowledgment email received 8/3. Secondary was sent to me today midday. I'm local to the school.

I have almost no research, is it worth applying here? I know they are a heavy research school but I got a secondary so I am wondering if that means it is worth it.

Submitted today. FYI for any prospective applicants, the email states it could take 1 week to 3-4 months to review applicants in the queue. There are three explicit outcomes which are,
1. Interview
2. On hold for an interview
3. Not invited to interview notified by email anytime in the cycle

UCSD has a deadline to submit 1 month from the secondary received date. Received secondary on 6/27/22, but submitted only on 7/27/22. Little worried if the submission was little late. Should be OK?

I have almost no research, is it worth applying here? I know they are a heavy research school but I got a secondary so I am wondering if that means it is worth it.
If you applied to them in your primary there is no reason not to unless you are missing a required prereq.

Congrats everyone!!! Anyone apply for PRIME?

I also didn’t receive any notification today and submitted on the first day. You both are probably right that it’s another day. Also, I love the profile pic @DancingHusky. It looks exactly like my dog 😂

I also didn’t receive any notification today and submitted on the first day. You both are probably right that it’s another day. Also, I love the profile pic @DancingHusky. It looks exactly like my dog 😂
it IS my dog lol. he's a dancer and he can never seem to keep his tongue in his mouth :)

Reactions: 1 users
II, OOS LM 77, complete 7/8. So incredibly excited!

• Love
OOS, 517, ~2k research hrs, 3k+ primary care hrs, 3.7 BCGPA, 3.3 overall, MS in physiology - applied MSTP. still waiting secondary invite

IS, verified on 8/19, received email stating that they have received my application this morning