2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ok I'm really confused -- I'm CA in-state, verified 6/16, received confirmation of receipt of primary 6/29, but still no secondary from UCLA received.
I have a 521 MCAT and 3.85 GPA...
 
Ok I'm really confused -- I'm CA in-state, verified 6/16, received confirmation of receipt of primary 6/29, but still no secondary from UCLA received.
I have a 521 MCAT and 3.85 GPA...
Hang in there. I was verified and received the primary acknowledgment email earlier than you and received the secondary today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS received secondary at 3 AM today. In case anyone was wondering, I submitted my primary 6/3 and was verfied 6/27. They seem to be screening very slowly, which I suppose is a good thing.
 
Ok I'm really confused -- I'm CA in-state, verified 6/16, received confirmation of receipt of primary 6/29, but still no secondary from UCLA received.
I have a 521 MCAT and 3.85 GPA...
For all of us who've received the confirmation email regarding our primary but still no secondary, do you have LOR assigned/submitted for UCLA? I do not and wondering if that has something to do with it. I looked at last year's thread and that was a theory. Guess I should just send in the LOR and see what happens!
 
For all of us who've received the confirmation email regarding our primary but still no secondary, do you have LOR assigned/submitted for UCLA? I do not and wondering if that has something to do with it. I looked at last year's thread and that was a theory. Guess I should just send in the LOR and see what happens!
I’m pretty sure I didn’t and got a secondary
 
After submitting the secondary, my application status is "NOT ready" because the LORs are marked as "NOT received". However, my LORs were already submitted and shows up as "Received" for every other school I've applied to. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
 
After submitting the secondary, my application status is "NOT ready" because the LORs are marked as "NOT received". However, my LORs were already submitted and shows up as "Received" for every other school I've applied to. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I have similar issue. I have been debating if I should wait or call the admission office to inquire about this but I don't want to appear as desperate [emoji28]
 
I have similar issue. I have been debating if I should wait or call the admission office to inquire about this but I don't want to appear as desperate [emoji28]
Haha, also debating this - glad we're on the same boat! When did you submit your secondary? My current thought is waiting 48 hours before contacting admissions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Morningnight @JoyFairy any insight as to what this question means?
What's the context of the question? I would think previous cycle. I'm guessing they want to know if you're a reapplicant to DGSOM.

If it would ease your anxiety, you can email/call admissions... although they are super slow.
 
What's the context of the question? I would think previous cycle. I'm guessing they want to know if you're a reapplicant to DGSOM.

If it would ease your anxiety, you can email/call admissions... although they are super slow.
I assumed it meant this cycle. Should I email to clarify and let them know that I am a first time applicant? Or just leave it??
 
I assumed it meant this cycle. Should I email to clarify and let them know that I am a first time applicant? Or just leave it??
I think context is needed here. Are they mentioning it alongside other statement about things you've done in the past, like "I withdrew from a class"? Or are they asking you to confirm that you are not applying to the MSTP?

It definitely wouldn't hurt to email to (1) clarify what they meant by the question and (2) make sure your info is correct in the context they intended.
 
I think context is needed here. Are they mentioning it alongside other statement about things you've done in the past, like "I withdrew from a class"? Or are they asking you to confirm that you are not applying to the MSTP?

It definitely wouldn't hurt to email to (1) clarify what they meant by the question and (2) make sure your info is correct in the context they intended.
It’s a stand alone question.
 
It's in the context of a page devoted to the Global Health Equity Pathway OPTION.

I think it asks because the program fits the Traditional MD track or the Prime-LA track, but not with the MSTP. "I have applied" is present perfect tense and in this case refers to something that started in the past and is ongoing i.e. the current application cycle. Just my thoughts.

"Applications for the Global Health Equity Track are included in the general DGSOM application and submitted concurrently."
Wait I'm still confused...isn't everybody going to be answering Yes to this question then since its on the Traditional MD track secondary?
 
I would highly recommend y'all contacting admissions to clarify this question -- looking at the secondary portal from last cycle, and this was not one of the questions previously! Admissions is quite nice and helpful from my personal experience
 
Do the letters of recommendation show up anywhere on the secondary portal? They're usually on the "document status" page for other schools, but I can't find/confirm them anywhere for UCLA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone figure out if PREview is needed for a complete application or if they will send II out even if you haven't taken it yet?
 
Need some suggestion: for this prompt ”Describe your most unique leadership, entrepreneurial, or creative activity.“

Do y'all think pursuing a second major in humanities and partaking in activities related to it count as a creative activity? Or it has to be a traditional leadership thing such as a club officer type?

Thanks!
 
I am starting to believe the theory that the screens are in alphabetical order.... cause my stats arent perfect but I dont think they are bad enough to be pre screened and my last name starts with a z lol.
 
Need some suggestion: for this prompt ”Describe your most unique leadership, entrepreneurial, or creative activity.“

Do y'all think pursuing a second major in humanities and partaking in activities related to it count as a creative activity? Or it has to be a traditional leadership thing such as a club officer type?

Thanks!
While I don't think that any one applicant will ever be totally unique in this process, I feel like pursuing a second major is something that a lot of folk may have done. FWIW I would say take the opportunity to talk about something that may be "unique" that didn't make it onto your application. I talked about a minor leadership role I had in a job that wasn't on my primary but it was still meaningful to me and somewhat different from the rest of my app. Hope this helps 🙂
 
Anyone else not see LORs that have been received by AMCAS on the secondary portal? Some of my letters has been submitted but it doesn't show up on the documents tab.
 
I am starting to believe the theory that the screens are in alphabetical order.... cause my stats arent perfect but I dont think they are bad enough to be pre screened and my last name starts with a z lol.
My last name is near the very end of the alphabet + I got my secondary on 7/10, so this may not be true 😭😭
 
Only just got my secondary oos, seems they are just taking the time to read each primary. Im sure they have some way of prioritizing the order but I have no clue what it is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case anyone else was wondering about the standalone question that’s confusing, you do answer yes if you are first-time applicant
I already submitted and answered no because I assumed they meant in previous cycles. Should I email the admissions office to let them know? I don't want this to disqualify my app or anything