2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so what exactly are you implying? if I currently don't have an II and I was complete earlier than others who have already been invited, consider myself rejected?
i dont see how thats what you got from that. med schools admissions is, for the most part, a blackbox and not getting a II at this point is not a rejection. schools sometimes review apps in different orders, sit on apps for a bit/wait for more apps to come in before making a decision, have apps go through different review stages, etc. this is literally just the first wave; the cycle is so very far from over

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
so what exactly are you implying? if I currently don't have an II and I was complete earlier than others who have already been invited, consider myself rejected?
It means that you can be interviewed in January and if you rank them number 1 on your match list, it is possible you get matched. You could be interviewed in September and wont get your result before match. McGovern doesn't give admissions based on highest stats getting more admissions but spread their admissions through the year and so when you are interviewed is irrelevant. To them, interest in their school is paramount if you make the cut for interview, whenever the interview may be.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do the interviews begin? Did those that received II have many dates to choose from?

When do the interviews begin? Did those that received II have many dates to choose from?
Take a look at last year's interview invite pattern here: #2

There will be many many dates of interview invitations. McGovern actually sent out its first ones a bit earlier than last year. There were FIFTEEN times when McGovern sent out interview invitations, between July and December.
Being first is not a major factor. Please don't be black or white, all or nothing in July!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
It means that you can be interviewed in January and if you rank them number 1 on your match list, it is possible you get matched. You could be interviewed in September and wont get your result before match. McGovern doesn't give admissions based on highest stats getting more admissions but spread their admissions through the year and so when you are interviewed is irrelevant. To them, interest in their school is paramount if you make the cut for interview, whenever the interview may be.
How do you convey interest in the medical school other than the Why Us question? Do you have suggestions on how to showcase enthusiasm throughout the interview?

How do you convey interest in the medical school other than the Why Us question? Do you have suggestions on how to showcase enthusiasm throughout the interview?
They will ask you specific questions during the interview that are very clear in terms of your interest in the school. Sometimes they will be so direct that you wont know how to answer, especially if you have 3 other interviews lined up with other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
They will ask you specific questions during the interview that are very clear in terms of your interest in the school. Sometimes they will be so direct that you wont know how to answer, especially if you have 3 other interviews lined up with other schools.
Thank you very much! Im definitely going to research everything I possibly can about this school.

Submitted Dell secondary 6/23, received 6/15. Received II 7/14!
Hey everyone, as much as we can let's try to talk about each school on its own page. I know we're all eager to hear things right now but it will make things less confusing for everyone. Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
Mine gave me the earliest date of 8/19, but I can pull it back up if you want the full list.

Members don't see this ad :)
II as well! Holy cow, never thought I would be competitive for this school or any other comparable schools! Wow. First MD II of the season

congrats!! does anyone know if today's IIs all came out at once or if I can still hold out hope checking my email today lol

Has anyone received an interview invitation by phone ? If so, what was the area code of the number ?

II invite today, 8/1, IS! Yeah yeah YEAH!!!! So excited!!

Reactions: 5 users
You are literally my icon !!! Love seeing your success in every Texas thread :lol:

Thank you so much! It is a lot to take in. Now, I just need to get an acceptance, or I will be one of those cautionary tales like an NFL draft pick bust lol.

Hope you kill your interviews. Excited to see where you end up.

• Care
Has anyone received an interview invitation by phone ? If so, what was the area code of the number ?
I expect they'll all be email since the only contact they leave is an email, but should they call the area code would be 713!

For those of you who received interviews today, when were you complete?

I expect they'll all be email since the only contact they leave is an email, but should they call the area code would be 713!
Thanks for the tip ! I missed a 409 call today and got excited until I realized that 409 is Beaumont and not Houston 🤡

@erc2535 if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats/LizzyM score? Thanks. Also does anyone know how to check exactly what day the secondary was complete? My secondary was a little slowed down because of Rec letters and I remember checking one day and it being done. Not sure exactly what day that was though. Any insights?

@erc2535 if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats/LizzyM score? Thanks. Also does anyone know how to check exactly what day the secondary was complete? My secondary was a little slowed down because of Rec letters and I remember checking one day and it being done. Not sure exactly what day that was though. Any insights?
I don’t think your letters held it up. They are dealing with thousands of applications and in the long run knowing exact days that things went through is irrelevant

That's a great first post to make on SDN :=|:-):
I know! I constantly watch other threads
66.8 and I’m URM. I was surprised to receive an II here but I’d say my app aligns well with their mission

I know! I constantly watch other threads

66.8 and I’m URM. I was surprised to receive an II here but I’d say my app aligns well with their mission
How was your app tailored toward their mission? McGovern to me seems like a lesser mission-focused school. Tons of research?

Reactions: 2 users
II today via email! was complete late June early July

Reactions: 7 users
II today! - Gave me options for 9/9, 9/14, 9/16, 9/23. OOS, 517, 3.93, non-trad

II today as well! Completed 6/18. IS, URM, LizzyM: 67

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else having issues uploading documentation to qualify for their fee waiver? I've scoured the portal and have not found a way to upload it.

I emailed admissions again early Friday morning and haven't gotten a response. I've been done with my secondary now for a good week but haven't been able to submit since my waiver hasn't been processed. I'm considering just paying for it at this point.