2023-2024 Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 California Northstate Secondary Prompts

1. Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM? (250 words maximum)

2. In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley? (250 words maximum)

3. Did you have a Pre-Health Advisor at your undergraduate institution? If so, please tell us about your experience. How did it help you in your journey to to apply to medical school? If not, please let us know how you worked independently to find out more about applying to medical school and the path of your journey to apply?

4. In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade? (250 words maximum)

5. If your education has not been continuous since high school, please explain why. Examples of discontinuities include time taken off while obtaining your undergraduate degree, in addition to gap years. (250 words maximum)

6. If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (250 words maximum)

7. Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (250 words maximum)

8. How do you feel about standardized tests? How did you prepare for the MCAT? What tools or preparatory courses/material did you use and how did you study? Do you feel like your score reflects how you will perform in medical school? From what you have learned, do you think it will help you in the way you will study or prepare for USMLE exams?

Note: The prompts say 250 words max, but the text boxes have 1785 character limit and 1000 characters for the last one.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the situation surrounding the accreditation for this school? I really want to stay in CA for med school, but I am concerned about the school losing its accreditation status.

Ditto - i have a feeling they haven't sent out secondaries this year because of struggles with accreditation

Does anyone know the situation surrounding the accreditation for this school? I really want to stay in CA for med school, but I am concerned about the school losing its accreditation status.
Alumni are okay, but current and future students are screwed for at least the next 2 years. I think they are on probation for diversity issues and not academic issues (they had 7 black/hispanic americans total in their last class), but this school should still be your last choice. Last thing you need is for them to not be accredited by the time you graduate.

1. go to post #247 on the "2022-2023 california northstate" sdn thread.

2. you can also go to post #425 on the "CNUCOM: avoid this school at all costs" sdn thread for more information

I called their office multiple times and no one picked up the call. Personally, I don't think I will be completing this application due to the problems the school is facing.

+1 IS received! @chilly_md

1. Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM? (250 words maximum)

2. In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley? (250 words maximum)

3. Did you have a Pre-Health Advisor at your undergraduate institution? If so, please tell us about your experience. How did it help you in your journey to to apply to medical school? If not, please let us know how you worked independently to find out more about applying to medical school and the path of your journey to apply?

4. In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade? (250 words maximum)

5. If your education has not been continuous since high school, please explain why. Examples of discontinuities include time taken off while obtaining your undergraduate degree, in addition to gap years. (250 words maximum)

6. If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (250 words maximum)

7. Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (250 words maximum)

8. How do you feel about standardized tests? How did you prepare for the MCAT? What tools or preparatory courses/material did you use and how did you study? Do you feel like your score reflects how you will perform in medical school? From what you have learned, do you think it will help you in the way you will study or prepare for USMLE exams?

Note: The prompts say 250 words max, but the text boxes have 1785 character limit and 1000 characters for the last one.

Had this on my list but after hearing all the accreditation stuff, Im considering removing it. Does anyone have any advice or feedback on whether to keep or remove it?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received yesterday. I am considering not submitting this one because of their accreditation issues and lack of federal aid and for profit status. They were a backup school for me and I already have two interviews scheduled but they are DO schools. Are there any alumni or current students who can message me about their experience with the school? Their accreditation status should be determined by March 24 one way or another so you could know their updated status before matriculation which makes me think about submitting it. Thoughts from anyone?

Reactions: 1 users
how hard is it to get a secondary invite from CNUCOM?

has anyone received ii? how can we check the status, my portal doesn't have an option like other schools.

got an IS ii this week from northstate

Last edited:
I really hope you're not actually considering going here with a 518... :=|:-):

Has anyone attended California Northstate University? If so, does anyone have any sort of documentation saying that the school was applying for federal financial aid?

Just had one of my favorite interview experiences here. Its sad to see how malignant they are from a loan and for-profit perspective though.

Just had one of my favorite interview experiences here. Its sad to see how malignant they are from a loan and for-profit perspective though.
What else could you expect from an only-for-profit establishment?

Reactions: 1 user