2023-2024 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1, I didn't realize they don't offer relative rankings/tiers for the waitlist anymore
I thought they said you can see relative position after 3/15 when I was placed on waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

+1 and I wonder how big the WL is this year if it’s not ranked
Where are you all getting the impression it isn't ranked or tiered this year?

I was waitlisted on 11/20 and my portal has said this since that date:

WAITLIST - At this time, we are unable to offer you admission to this year's entering class. You are being placed on our waitlist. You may check here after March 15th for more information about your relative position on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you all getting the impression it isn't ranked or tiered this year?

I was waitlisted on 11/20 and my portal has said this since that date:

WAITLIST - At this time, we are unable to offer you admission to this year's entering class. You are being placed on our waitlist. You may check here after March 15th for more information about your relative position on the waitlist.
Our email says “ You are being placed on our waitlist now. Candidates are not ranked within the waitlist”.

What does your portal say?
At this time, we are unable to offer you admission to this year's entering class. You are being placed on our waitlist. We appreciate your patience. You are welcome to update your application using this portal at any time.

At this time, we are unable to offer you admission to this year's entering class. You are being placed on our waitlist. We appreciate your patience. You are welcome to update your application using this portal at any time.
Seems they’ve changed their minds mid cycle!

Deferred in October, received an acceptance last night! Just wanted to leave this here for future deferred applicants-- there is hope :) So excited!!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like Michigan Adcom is actively reading these posts...My portal (and I assume other early WL'ers) now reads the same as yours:

WAITLIST - At this time, we are unable to offer you admission to this year's entering class. You are being placed on our waitlist. We appreciate your patience. You are welcome to update your application using this portal at any time.

Does anyone know how receptive Michigan is to increasing/matching scholarship offers? Received an offer today but I have a full tuition offer elsewhere. I really love Michigan but that OOS tuition is insane.

Edit: Sent an email. Worse they can say is no 🤷🏾‍♀️

Last edited:
Anyone know how receptive Michigan is to increasing/matching scholarship offers? Received an offer today but have a full tuition offer elsewhere. I really love Michigan but that OOS tuition is insane
Had an offer from another school, notified UMich, but I still wasn't offered anything. I believe this has to do with UMich basing it off of parental income, whereas other schools base it off of your own income if you are an independent.

Received full tuition scholarship last week! :) Super excited

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else on the waitlist hear anything yet?

not yet, been waiting to see my relative position on it i thought that was supposed to happen already
Apparently they changed their minds on that. Check your portal, I bet it no longer mentions the relative position after 3/15 thing.

Last edited:
Apparently they changed there minds on that. Check your portal, I bet it no longer mentions the relative position after 3/15 thing.
yeah no mention of it in my portal, just in my initial waitlist email. that's such a racket im trying to plan the next four years of my life rn any insight on my position would be helpful lmao

Got my financial aid estimate today and I am honestly crushed- it is a dream school for me but the aid they offered is pretty bad :( Does anyone have any advice for negotiating?
Aw man, really sorry to hear that :( Are you going to visit campus at all? You might be able to talk with their financial aid office in person and discuss the other financial aid offers you've been given. I know they seemed pretty stern in their emails about negotiating, but things can always change! If your offers are drastically different, it might be something that they'll reconsider. It's always worth a try!

Just received my cost of attendance estimate. It is a complete disaster. No aid at all and if I will accept it I will end up with half a million in loans for the four years. This is my dream school and I really don’t know what to do.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if this is just a Michigan issue or if it has something to do with the new FAFSA calculation?

Also wondering this. Maybe they are underestimating aid packages to err on the safe side before FAFSA is sent out?
I figured that the people who received packages already filed FAFSA and maybe Michigan is just on top of it more than other schools. Maybe I’m wrong though.

I figured that the people who received packages already filed FAFSA and maybe Michigan is just on top of it more than other schools. Maybe I’m wrong though.
Yes, I already filed the FAFSA but they still didn’t offer me any financial aid although my parents are teachers who don’t make much.
The question now, can doctors really pay off half a million dollars loans and how long does it take to pay it off?

The question now, can doctors really pay off half a million dollars loans and how long does it take to pay it off?
This is so relatable. I know it may be different when I have that income, but seeing the number for loans is unimaginable.

Reactions: 2 users