2023-2024 Central Michigan

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone interviewing tomorrow just see the cancelation email? All interviews tomorrow are canceled due to the weather in Michigan. Not more spots are open this month. Won't this lessen the amount of A's left?
 
Did anyone interviewing tomorrow just see the cancelation email? All interviews tomorrow are canceled due to the weather in Michigan. Not more spots are open this month. Won't this lessen the amount of A's left?
Gotta be flexible, if they can’t get to their office to interview you, there will be adjustments!
 
Did anyone interviewing tomorrow just see the cancelation email? All interviews tomorrow are canceled due to the weather in Michigan. Not more spots are open this month. Won't this lessen the amount of A's left?
I did, due to the weather my interview tomorrow was cancelled and had to reschedule for Feb. worried it hurts my chances
 
I got the cancellation email too, and rescheduled almost immediately and was able to get a spot on 1/26, but still worried this hurts our A chances slightly.
 
I can't find it on their website or on the applicant portal, but are we allowed to send update letters/letters of interest post interview if we haven't heard back yet? I know they have a document upload area on the applicant portal, but i'm not sure if this is only for waitlisted students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't be like me . . . check your email inbox every day no matter what. Sincerely, someone who got a new phone and their notifications got turned off and missed the deadlines for very important emails. RIP☠️
 
Is there a chance people who are interviewing this late are interviewing to be waitlisted or is there still a chance of acceptance relatively soon after the interview?
 
Interviewed recently and they mentioned they only have 4 interview days left (2 in Feb and 2 in March). They also said might not hear back until late March/April.

Is it possible they’ll contact us within a month? Wondering because I really don’t want to start prepping for the next cycle
 
Is it possible they’ll contact us within a month? Wondering because I really don’t want to start prepping for the next cycle
I would say most likely not based on what the thread has been like so far. If this is the only school you have an interview from so far, it won't hurt to start prepping for next cycle.

Best case scenario: you wrote the essays for nothing. Worst case scenario: You rush to write essays for the upcoming cycle if things do not pan out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from interviews in November?
Based on what everyone has said here, some people have been waitlisted and some were rejected. I don't think anyone was accepted (the last time someone said they were accepted was near the end of November which I think is insane). Of course they may have accepted others that didn't post anything here, but i'm not sure how likely that is.
 
Based on what everyone has said here, some people have been waitlisted and some were rejected. I don't think anyone was accepted (the last time someone said they were accepted was near the end of November which I think is insane). Of course they may have accepted others that didn't post anything here, but i'm not sure how likely that is.

I wonder how many students the accept from each cohort that interviews. When I interviewed they said it was interview #10 so I’m assuming maybe 4-5 get an acceptance each time?
 
Interviewing on Friday and have yet to receive further communication regarding the format of the MMI. For those that have completed an interview here, how many stations are there, is there time given to formulate your response following the prompt, and how long do we have to respond to each prompt?

Also, I am aware that there is one or maybe more small group activity as part of their MMI. Is this more likely to take place at the beginning, end, or sandwiched somewhere in the middle?
 
Interviewing on Friday and have yet to receive further communication regarding the format of the MMI. For those that have completed an interview here, how many stations are there, is there time given to formulate your response following the prompt, and how long do we have to respond to each prompt?

Also, I am aware that there is one or maybe more small group activity as part of their MMI. Is this more likely to take place at the beginning, end, or sandwiched somewhere in the middle?
My interview was back at the end of August, but I'll try to answer this from memory!

I believe there were 7 stations in total. The prompt is presented to you on the screen, and you will have a couple of minutes to read it and jot down notes. I had two group MMIs as my last stations. I personally feel like these were more easygoing than the 1-on-1 MMI stations, as we were able to chat as a group together. There was less individual pressure if that makes sense.

Best of luck with your interview!
 
My interview was back at the end of August, but I'll try to answer this from memory!

I believe there were 7 stations in total. The prompt is presented to you on the screen, and you will have a couple of minutes to read it and jot down notes. I had two group MMIs as my last stations. I personally feel like these were more easygoing than the 1-on-1 MMI stations, as we were able to chat as a group together. There was less individual pressure if that makes sense.

Best of luck with your interview!
Thank you, this helps me immensely. Do you recall the length of each station (I want to prepare under the same time conditions)?

I appreciate your warm wishes. I have my fingers crossed.
 
Thank you, this helps me immensely. Do you recall the length of each station (I want to prepare under the same time conditions)?

I appreciate your warm wishes. I have my fingers crossed.
I want to say each station was somewhere between 7-10 minutes total, including the time to read the prompt. Sorry, that's a bit vague! Wish I could remember better. I also did have a little bit of time left at the end of a couple of my stations. The interviewer would ask if I had any questions for them. I only asked very brief, simple questions (i.e. how do you like the area? any fun things nearby? how long have you been with CMU etc.) since we were under a time constraint.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who had an interview, how did it go? I’m nervous because I really wanna go here and I don’t know what to expect.
 
For those who had an interview, how did it go? I’m nervous because I really wanna go here and I don’t know what to expect.

I would say just read up on medical ethics and different situations pertaining to it. Also just be able to speak on your experiences and read different MMI prompts that you can relate to.

Overall, be confident and if articulation is something you struggle with then just practice beforehand. I found it way better to practice speaking my thoughts rather than just coming up with the answer in my head.