2023-2024 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II completed on 11/17, still haven't heard back. I guess no news is good news?? šŸ™ƒ
Thatā€™s what I convinced myself about lol. Did you go to that All-Access event in December?

Members don't see this ad.

Thatā€™s what I convinced myself about lol. Did you go to that All-Access event in December?
I went, and from who I spoke to I felt like there were a lot of people in the same boat about not hearing anything. Going off past threads, not hearing is not a great sign, but I can't get beyond the fact that they would invite people to attend who they were most likely going to reject or waitlist, especially those from OOS or far away and would have to pay to travel. They easily could have left it at accepted students, but they didn't, and I'm curious why. The All-Access event was very "we'd love to have you" and felt geared towards those who had been admitted, however most of the people I spoke to hadn't gotten a decision. Very confused on this whole process and happy to have others in the same boat (even though I wish we all weren't)!

Reactions: 1 user
I went, and from who I spoke to I felt like there were a lot of people in the same boat about not hearing anything. Going off past threads, not hearing is not a great sign, but I can't get beyond the fact that they would invite people to attend who they were most likely going to reject or waitlist, especially those from OOS or far away and would have to pay to travel. They easily could have left it at accepted students, but they didn't, and I'm curious why. The All-Access event was very "we'd love to have you" and felt geared towards those who had been admitted, however most of the people I spoke to hadn't gotten a decision. Very confused on this whole process and happy to have others in the same boat (even though I wish we all weren't)!
Yeah i was confused as well especially with the part where they made us see a standardized patient lol. Hopefully the wait will be worth it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For students that get an interview late in the cycle, do they end up going to the Saginaw campus if they get accepted?

OOS waitlisted today. Interviewed back in November.

Last edited:
IS Waitlist received 1/10. i interviewed back in October lol.

WL yesterday. IS. Interviewed 9/15

Did any Aā€™s go out this week or do all interviews from here on out only have the potential to make the WL?

Members don't see this ad :)
You think they've already filled their class size? They usually interview into March I thought

I hope not, but Iā€™m not sure. I have my interview coming up but the lack of Aā€™s on this forum worries me.

I hope not, but Iā€™m not sure. I have my interview coming up but the lack of Aā€™s on this forum worries me.
You're telling me, I interviewed 10/6 and it's been nothing but silence haha... especially with these WLs going out yesterday I'm worried about not getting one and what that may mean.

For people who have gotten II when were the dates offered? Wondering if there will be another wave of invites in Jan

Did anyone interviewing tomorrow just see the cancelation email? All interviews tomorrow are canceled due to the weather in Michigan. Not more spots are open this month. Won't this lessen the amount of A's left?

Did anyone interviewing tomorrow just see the cancelation email? All interviews tomorrow are canceled due to the weather in Michigan. Not more spots are open this month. Won't this lessen the amount of A's left?
Gotta be flexible, if they canā€™t get to their office to interview you, there will be adjustments!

I did, due to the weather my interview tomorrow was cancelled and had to reschedule for Feb. worried it hurts my chances

I got the cancellation email too, and rescheduled almost immediately and was able to get a spot on 1/26, but still worried this hurts our A chances slightly.

I can't find it on their website or on the applicant portal, but are we allowed to send update letters/letters of interest post interview if we haven't heard back yet? I know they have a document upload area on the applicant portal, but i'm not sure if this is only for waitlisted students.

Any tips on the interview/how the interview went? Interviewing 1/26

Post II R, interviewed 10/6...attended every RTM zoom meeting as well as All-Access event, submitted update letter 6 weeks after interview. Good luck to all, you all deserve it<3

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed 10/13 (I think), IS Waitlisted. Kinda relieved that it wasn't an R after this long.

Don't be like me . . . check your email inbox every day no matter what. Sincerely, someone who got a new phone and their notifications got turned off and missed the deadlines for very important emails. RIPā˜ ļø

• Sad
Is there a chance people who are interviewing this late are interviewing to be waitlisted or is there still a chance of acceptance relatively soon after the interview?

I have a LM 63, submitted secondaries around end of October, in state applicant. Have around 5,500 clinical hours, traditional student. Still no interview, getting nervous. If I submitted secondaries in October on average how long would it take to hear back?

Thanks guys!

Canceled my interview and withdrew my app - good luck to all still waiting to hear from CMU!

Reactions: 5 users
This thread has been pretty quiet

This thread has been pretty quiet
Interviewed recently and they mentioned they only have 4 interview days left (2 in Feb and 2 in March). They also said might not hear back until late March/April.

Interviewed recently and they mentioned they only have 4 interview days left (2 in Feb and 2 in March). They also said might not hear back until late March/April.

Is it possible theyā€™ll contact us within a month? Wondering because I really donā€™t want to start prepping for the next cycle

Is it possible theyā€™ll contact us within a month? Wondering because I really donā€™t want to start prepping for the next cycle
I would say most likely not based on what the thread has been like so far. If this is the only school you have an interview from so far, it won't hurt to start prepping for next cycle.

Best case scenario: you wrote the essays for nothing. Worst case scenario: You rush to write essays for the upcoming cycle if things do not pan out.

did anyone get an ā€œapplication updateā€ email this month? The last one I got was 12/14

is ii just now, submitted in july

Has anyone heard back from interviews in November?
Based on what everyone has said here, some people have been waitlisted and some were rejected. I don't think anyone was accepted (the last time someone said they were accepted was near the end of November which I think is insane). Of course they may have accepted others that didn't post anything here, but i'm not sure how likely that is.

Based on what everyone has said here, some people have been waitlisted and some were rejected. I don't think anyone was accepted (the last time someone said they were accepted was near the end of November which I think is insane). Of course they may have accepted others that didn't post anything here, but i'm not sure how likely that is.

I wonder how many students the accept from each cohort that interviews. When I interviewed they said it was interview #10 so Iā€™m assuming maybe 4-5 get an acceptance each time?