2023-2024 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing on Friday and have yet to receive further communication regarding the format of the MMI. For those that have completed an interview here, how many stations are there, is there time given to formulate your response following the prompt, and how long do we have to respond to each prompt?

Also, I am aware that there is one or maybe more small group activity as part of their MMI. Is this more likely to take place at the beginning, end, or sandwiched somewhere in the middle?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing on Friday and have yet to receive further communication regarding the format of the MMI. For those that have completed an interview here, how many stations are there, is there time given to formulate your response following the prompt, and how long do we have to respond to each prompt?

Also, I am aware that there is one or maybe more small group activity as part of their MMI. Is this more likely to take place at the beginning, end, or sandwiched somewhere in the middle?
My interview was back at the end of August, but I'll try to answer this from memory!

I believe there were 7 stations in total. The prompt is presented to you on the screen, and you will have a couple of minutes to read it and jot down notes. I had two group MMIs as my last stations. I personally feel like these were more easygoing than the 1-on-1 MMI stations, as we were able to chat as a group together. There was less individual pressure if that makes sense.

Best of luck with your interview!

My interview was back at the end of August, but I'll try to answer this from memory!

I believe there were 7 stations in total. The prompt is presented to you on the screen, and you will have a couple of minutes to read it and jot down notes. I had two group MMIs as my last stations. I personally feel like these were more easygoing than the 1-on-1 MMI stations, as we were able to chat as a group together. There was less individual pressure if that makes sense.

Best of luck with your interview!
Thank you, this helps me immensely. Do you recall the length of each station (I want to prepare under the same time conditions)?

I appreciate your warm wishes. I have my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and I am presuming that there will not be an opportunity to ask questions given the MMI format.

Thank you, this helps me immensely. Do you recall the length of each station (I want to prepare under the same time conditions)?

I appreciate your warm wishes. I have my fingers crossed.
I want to say each station was somewhere between 7-10 minutes total, including the time to read the prompt. Sorry, that's a bit vague! Wish I could remember better. I also did have a little bit of time left at the end of a couple of my stations. The interviewer would ask if I had any questions for them. I only asked very brief, simple questions (i.e. how do you like the area? any fun things nearby? how long have you been with CMU etc.) since we were under a time constraint.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I created a GroupMe for those interested in on-campus housing and finding roommates in the same program as us. Here's the link:

GroupMe

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! that's super quick turnaround, did you send an update or letter in between? I

Thanks. I did not send anything. Just a thank you email after my interview.

2 weeks tomorrow for 1/26 interviewers, could be a chance of A calls going out

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who had an interview, how did it go? I’m nervous because I really wanna go here and I don’t know what to expect.

For those who had an interview, how did it go? I’m nervous because I really wanna go here and I don’t know what to expect.

I would say just read up on medical ethics and different situations pertaining to it. Also just be able to speak on your experiences and read different MMI prompts that you can relate to.

Overall, be confident and if articulation is something you struggle with then just practice beforehand. I found it way better to practice speaking my thoughts rather than just coming up with the answer in my head.

I would say just read up on medical ethics and different situations pertaining to it. Also just be able to speak on your experiences and read different MMI prompts that you can relate to.

Overall, be confident and if articulation is something you struggle with then just practice beforehand. I found it way better to practice speaking my thoughts rather than just coming up with the answer in my head.
I second this

Anyone got the road to matriculation email? Heart dropped for a sec

Is there still interview invites being sent out? And how many interview dates in March are there?

IS II just now! The only interview dates available are 2/16, 3/1 and 3/8. LM 70

Oos ii. Complete 9/20
Going to decline it so someone else can have a shot. Seriously good luck and to whoever gets my interview spot, kill it for me and GET THAT A!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also for transparency- the ii email I got says the final interview day is early March

Reactions: 1 users
If there are two interview dates each month, do interviewees from the earlier and later dates hear back around the same time?

super nervous about this interview!! does anyone have tips? were there any questions that really caught you off guard

super nervous about this interview!! does anyone have tips? were there any questions that really caught you off guard
I did not get caught off guard and definitely felt like the questions + timing were adequate/appropriate. I would suggest doing basic MMI practice scenarios or mocks with someone to prepare. best of luck!

OOS A!!! This is my first A! I'm going to be a doctor ;) been a long time coming.
interview: 2/9

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_3638.png

Why do they do this to us

Reactions: 2 users
Per AAMC traffic rules, CMED will need to have given out at least 100 acceptances by 3/15. Do we think 100 have been given out thus far? Last I checked, there's only 20 something people in the accepted students group me. I wonder if we'll see a wave of acceptances in the next few weeks because of this.

• Wow