2023-2024 Central Michigan

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say just read up on medical ethics and different situations pertaining to it. Also just be able to speak on your experiences and read different MMI prompts that you can relate to.

Overall, be confident and if articulation is something you struggle with then just practice beforehand. I found it way better to practice speaking my thoughts rather than just coming up with the answer in my head.
I second this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If there are two interview dates each month, do interviewees from the earlier and later dates hear back around the same time?
 
super nervous about this interview!! does anyone have tips? were there any questions that really caught you off guard
I did not get caught off guard and definitely felt like the questions + timing were adequate/appropriate. I would suggest doing basic MMI practice scenarios or mocks with someone to prepare. best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_3638.png

Why do they do this to us
 
Per AAMC traffic rules, CMED will need to have given out at least 100 acceptances by 3/15. Do we think 100 have been given out thus far? Last I checked, there's only 20 something people in the accepted students group me. I wonder if we'll see a wave of acceptances in the next few weeks because of this.
 
Where can you see the number of accepted people. Where’s the groupme
Per AAMC traffic rules, CMED will need to have given out at least 100 acceptances by 3/15. Do we think 100 have been given out thus far? Last I checked, there's only 20 something people in the accepted students group me. I wonder if we'll see a wave of acceptances in the next few weeks because of this.
 
Any fellow Canadians in here?
I interviewed in November and am on the wait list! Haven’t seen any other Canadians post & i saw in the past few years threads that Canadians didn’t have many updates until Mar-May
 
Any new acceptances, denials, or waitlists? I interviewed 2/16 and have been biting my nails waiting for results since then. I’ve been accepted to DO, but cmu would be my first MD. Currently waitlisted at msu, but I haven’t heard good things about that waitlist. I saw some people have gotten responses from 2/9 interviews. Do they do them in batches?
 
Any new acceptances, denials, or waitlists? I interviewed 2/16 and have been biting my nails waiting for results since then. I’ve been accepted to DO, but cmu would be my first MD. Currently waitlisted at msu, but I haven’t heard good things about that waitlist. I saw some people have gotten responses from 2/9 interviews. Do they do them in batches?

I’m in the same boat - interviewed 1/26 and haven’t head back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad