You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Duke
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh! I don’t see the portal? Are we emailed a link closer to the interview date? Or do we not have the option to upload until 48 hours prior to interview?Through the portal, after signing the attestations!
Last edited:
Also having trouble finding both the attestations and the headshot upload link. I accessed my secondary application but all I see is a banner reminding me of my interview date and the stuff I submitted with my app.
Edit: just realized the email said they would be available within 48 hours of our interview. Lol I misread it and thought we needed to submit it before 48 hours. Just saved myself an embarrassing email.
Edit: just realized the email said they would be available within 48 hours of our interview. Lol I misread it and thought we needed to submit it before 48 hours. Just saved myself an embarrassing email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II just now!!!!! LM 66.4 I'm so SHOCKED I'm gonna cry
congratulations ❤️❤️❤️ complete date? 🙂OOS II just now!!!!! LM 66.4 I'm so SHOCKED I'm gonna cry
THANK YOU!!!! Complete 8/15!!congratulations ❤️❤️❤️ complete date? 🙂
Congrats! what are the dates?OOS II just now!!!!! LM 66.4 I'm so SHOCKED I'm gonna cry
There was only 1 date available (Next week on 01/17)Congrats! what are the dates?
Not my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babblingWhat why?? 🙁
shortvanilla
Full Member
I just want an II... smh
head up king. Your babbling is probably einstein thesis tierNot my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babbling
Holland babbling is like Fleming having an accident in the lab and discovering penicillinhead up king. Your babbling is probably einstein thesis tier
As someone who's also expecting a post-II R for similar reasons, please take solace in that:Not my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babbling
1. The interview is just one component of your app. Outstanding stats may still get you above their acceptance threshold.
2. Even if you
Is it worth it to send LOI here? sorry cant remeber from interview ahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Yee said yesterday they’re aiming for the week of February 20When can we expect any decision from Duke post MMI?
MAYbe one next week but that would be the last oneI was wondering if anyone has any info on whether there will be another II wave or the last interview dates for Duke? trying to see if I should hold out hope
D
deleted1169077
The email said "confidential feedback" so I'd assume soIs the mandatory post-interview survey anonymous? Not going to cast aspersions on them, just wondering
I think on my interview day Dean Yee said the feedback would be anonymous since they wanted genuine ways they could improve without interviewees feeling like they had to be completely positiveIs the mandatory post-interview survey anonymous? Not going to cast aspersions on them, just wondering
That interview was so exhausting but exciting. I'm on the lower stat end so I feel I needed to be near perfect and I definitely was NOT that looool but I'm still so grateful to have had the opportunity <3
luckycharms!
Full Member
exactly how I felt after my interview too, fingers crossed for a good outcome for us tho! 🙂That interview was so exhausting but exciting. I'm on the lower stat end so I feel I needed to be near perfect and I definitely was NOT that looool but I'm still so grateful to have had the opportunity <3
anxiousqueen222
New Member
Acceptances and rejections go out at the same time. Duke is not rolling.Also curious about this. Also- when do they start sending rejections?
FishRFriendz
Full Member
y’all actually be out here getting into Duke n shi that’s crazy. cheers xoxo - lurker from the DO threads
D
deleted1170007
Do any MSTP applicants remember what they said about updates post interview?
Any idea when the results will be announced?Acceptances and rejections go out at the same time. Duke is not rolling.
Duke will make calls to those accepted and send emails to those turned down or Waitlisted in mid to late February.Any idea when the results will be announced?
They don't sprinkle out acceptances before that.
Duke TimelineTheir webpage
II today! totally unexpected since I submitted my secondary on the deadline (11/14) I'm declining the interview so hopefully someone else can get the spot!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙏II today! totally unexpected since I submitted my secondary on the deadline (11/14) I'm declining the interview so hopefully someone else can get the spot!
D
deleted1139705
the absolute chad move of turning down an interview from Duke of all placesII today! totally unexpected since I submitted my secondary on the deadline (11/14) I'm declining the interview so hopefully someone else can get the spot!
Based tbhthe absolute chad move of turning down an interview from Duke of all places
Living in Durham is nice if you go to undergrad there or if you have a family but otherwise is prob not ideal
So interviews are officially done being sent out or?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
duke i spent soooo much time on ur secondary, where my ii 😩
frduke i spent soooo much time on ur secondary, where my ii 😩
oatmilkplease
Full Member
We thinking they're done w II?
jellybean121
Full Member
i think unless someone withdraws interview last min, they are done
D
deleted1143918
really feels like the schools I put the most effort into with respect to secondaries have ghosted me while the ones I just copy-pasted from my pre-writing spree sent me IIs😭😭 wtf is this processduke i spent soooo much time on ur secondary, where my ii 😩
Yeah fr bro I spent so much time making sure these essays were perfect and they were the template for like all the essays that did give me an IIreally feels like the schools I put the most effort into with respect to secondaries have ghosted me while the ones I just copy-pasted from my pre-writing spree sent me IIs😭😭 wtf is this process
D
deleted1143918
yeah man it is what it is. seeing even the goats of this cycle on SDN getting hit w their fair share of pre-II Rs makes me feel better about the randomness and crap****tery of this thingYeah fr bro I spent so much time making sure these essays were perfect and they were the template for like all the essays that did give me an II
topspin_tadpole
Full Member
Question about update letters: I interviewed in October and am obviously far past the 1 week post II where you can upload update letters to the portal but was wondering if I could still email an update letter to the admissions office - are we just absolutely not supposed to send updates after that 1 week mark though?
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Are interviews still going out or am I properly cooked lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You and I are both properly cooked my broAre interviews still going out or am I properly cooked lol
wannabecomedian
Full Member
maybe we just block their email so we can’t get rejected
Considering the Duke secondary was the only email this entire cycle to go to my spam, the rejection email might end up there too lolmaybe we just block their email so we can’t get rejected
ACKjp
Full Member
Username checks outmaybe we just block their email so we can’t get rejected
In the first email I got after submitting my app they said interviews would be sent out up until around 1/25You and I are both properly cooked my bro