2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

1500 characters for all prompts

If you are applying to the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program, please share with the Admissions Committee what primary care and/or psychiatry means to you, and why you believe you are a good fit for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program. (Still answer questions 2-4 below though. Only question 1 is substituted by this prompt)

If not:

1. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.

2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait?

3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, health equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.

4. If you have previously applied to medical school, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Please note that these are old data. The school now uses an MMI, not one-on-one interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
@chilly_md
Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program: Yes
Please share with the Admissions Committee what primary care and/or psychiatry means to you, and why you believe you are a good fit for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program.

If not:
1. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.
2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait?
3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, health equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.
4. If you have previously applied to medical school, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.

1500 characters for all prompts!

Members don't see this ad :)
Re-applicant and pre-wrote my stuff 👏🏾. I also LOVED their secondary questions as someone who is really big on social justice and diversity so this was very easy for me to get through without it being to strenuous.

Is #1 (Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution?) a pseudo why us? but with more space to talk about yourself a bit too?

This school has literally the worst website I've ever seen. Nothing works... how am I supposed to learn more what your curriculum has to offer?

This school has literally the worst website I've ever seen. Nothing works... how am I supposed to learn more what your curriculum has to offer?
if you are looking for info on the school's curriculum the Dean of Admissions has been on a couple of podcasts

Does anyone know for the re-applicant question, should you respond to this question if you’re reapplying to medical school but first time applying to this school?

Does anyone know for the re-applicant question, should you respond to this question if you’re reapplying to medical school but first time applying to this school?
i just answered it since it didn't specify

After the first several days of orientation thats a question im still trying to answer. Will report back when classes start

• Haha
IS II today!! Complete 07/31

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
When are they going to hook up an OOS brother with an interview :unsure:

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody invited for an interview who applied for Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program?

II today!!! First one so excited, IS LM 79, applied Abigail Scholars

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
II today! In-State, also applied Abigail Geisinger.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
+1 II, looks like earliest date is early October?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have links to geisinger's clubs or activities it doesn't really show on their website.