2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how strict SKMC is for LORs? I'm applying this upcoming cycle and only have (1 science, 1 non science, 2 research, 2 clinical supervisor)
 
These super low yield schools (tufts, jefferson, tulane, georgetown, gwu) confuse me. What are you looking for that of 14000-15000 applicants, only 600-700 applicants have and the other 13000-14000 don't have lol
I don’t think it’s as black and white of have vs don’t have. They can only interview so many, so they have to reject many people that are great candidates that are qualified for an interview. I think it’s a bit of a crap shoot and some luck (coupled with the right stats, connections, mission fit, personal narrative, writing, time app was complete etc) 🤷🏼‍♀️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the office on Feb 1. They said they would interview until the end of March lol. The admissions team gave out different info...? ☕☕
 
I am unreachable by phone due to work several Wednesday afternoons over the next month (I interviewed in Jan), in the good fortune that I am accepted and receive a phone call during this time - should I call back after work? Just wait for email communication?

I feel like they would leave a voicemail, then next steps will prob be via email or portal.

Hoping you hear good news [emoji1696][emoji1696]