You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! 12/6 GANG IN THE HOUSEEE!!!OOS A interview 12/6
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
OOS A interview 12/6
Did you get the A this past Wednesday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it true that Jeff averages multiple MCAT scores? Saw this in a thread from a few years ago
is it true that Jeff averages multiple MCAT scores? Saw this in a thread from a few years ago
Yes I heard abt this during an open house. They said they use it for initial scoring, so not sure if it matters once you have the II. I was told it’s not a make or break though and they still view applications holistically.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Yes I heard abt this during an open house. They said they use it for initial scoring, so not sure if it matters once you have the II. I was told it’s not a make or break though and they still view applications holistically.
Dang, I can now see why I haven’t gotten an interview.
uraveragepremeduser
New Member
Interviewing here in January. What was everyone's interview experience like? How do you recommend preparing?
Just want to confirm, but for sending update letters, do I email a PDF to admissions? I can't find anything on their website about them.
Or maybe it's just too late for me period, lolol.
Or maybe it's just too late for me period, lolol.
Yes email a pdf to [email protected]. It’s not too late shoot your shot!Just want to confirm, but for sending update letters, do I email a PDF to admissions? I can't find anything on their website about them.
Or maybe it's just too late for me period, lolol.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Anyone hear back today?
imadethis1minago
New Member
Nope nothing for me today, 5 weeks post interview. I really hope this isn't a bad signAnyone hear back today?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
do they ever release decisions not on a wednesday?
cupcake311
Full Member
Do they email more details about interview closer to date?
It's hard to tell at this point. All they've signed is a non-binding letter of intent. A bunch of negotiations and regulatory approvals need to happen first, and I wouldn't be surprised if the medical education pieces still need to be hashed out.Does Jefferson’s merger with LVHN now mean that students are gonna be sent to Allentown and beyond for clinical rotations?
Based on the wording in the press releases so far, it sounds like rotations at LHVN will be available to, but not required for, SKMC medical students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noDo we find out the names of our interviewers beforehand?
To an extent you do. You'll find out the faculty interviewer name before lunch and might interview right after lunch or right after the person that interviews after lunch.Do we find out the names of our interviewers beforehand?
You won't know the student name ahead of time but that's blinded and conversational anyway.
mdcomingsoon
New Member
Does anyone know if there's a Class of 2028 Facebook group yet?
OOS Pre-II R
+1OOS Pre-II R
OOS Pre-II R
z123456789
Full Member
+1 R
OOS Pre-II R. Complete 7/9.
Does anyone know if this school accepts Pre II application updates?
yes they do! they seem to value them more so than other placesDoes anyone know if this school accepts Pre II application updates?
MedPotato946
New Member
OOS Pre-II R.
irishdoc28
Full Member
Have you gotten any email confirmation from them that they received your update letter(s)? I sent one months ago and another one recently, and I haven't received any email. 🤔yes they do! they seem to value them more so than other places
I got an automated reply within a few min but nothing directly from admissionsHave you gotten any email confirmation from them that they received your update letter(s)? I sent one months ago and another one recently, and I haven't received any email. 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought that you have to go into the portal & check under communications or smth to see if they received it.Have you gotten any email confirmation from them that they received your update letter(s)? I sent one months ago and another one recently, and I haven't received any email. 🤔
irishdoc28
Full Member
Ok I just checked. I received confirmation of my second update letter but not my first. So at least I know that info is there, thank you!I thought that you have to go into the portal & check under communications or smth to see if they received it.
ii_manifestation
Full Member
Do we email pre-II letters to admissions?Ok I just checked. I received confirmation of my second update letter but not my first. So at least I know that info is there, thank you!
😔 same exact complete date, but absolute silence.OOS Pre-II R. Complete 7/9.
D
deleted1124957
You want that R instead?😔 same exact complete date, but absolute silence.
shortvanilla
Full Member
OOS Pre-II Rejection. Complete late september
Mid August complete — holding out hope I survive this wave lol
yes email it to the admissions committee. They seem to attach to your application from there.Do we email pre-II letters to admissions?
jimmytherockstar
Full Member
The "info for admitted applicants" page has the 2027 facebook group still up, seems like it hasn't been updated since last cycle. Also wondering when the 2028 group page will open...Does anyone know if there's a Class of 2028 Facebook group yet?
Time to neurotically start assessing what not getting the maintenance email means for meThat portal maintenance email freaked me out
adenosine221
Full Member
HPWL :,(
girlonamission11
Full Member
Interview invite earlier this week! for those who interviewed, what did you wear (girls)? What was the day like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
What time was the call? Do we know if they’re still calling ?A call today! Interviewed 12/06
cupcake311
Full Member
okay kind of dumb question but did you guys like shake hands with the interviewers??? Idk how life works post covid 😭
Yes do itokay kind of dumb question but did you guys like shake hands with the interviewers??? Idk how life works post covid 😭
wear a mask when you can, you can def eat outside (there’s lots of benches near the library) and if you’re super worried, just done volunteer for like a week and test a few times.
this is just advice from someone who works adjacent to the jeff area so idk how the interview is
ps i am pretty sure masking is mandatory for jeff clinical staff again so i don’t think it will be weird if you wear a mask. you could even relate it to your volunteer work (“i’m being extra cautious because i work with kids that are immunocompromised”)
this is just advice from someone who works adjacent to the jeff area so idk how the interview is
ps i am pretty sure masking is mandatory for jeff clinical staff again so i don’t think it will be weird if you wear a mask. you could even relate it to your volunteer work (“i’m being extra cautious because i work with kids that are immunocompromised”)
fair warning the interview has a group lunch inside a restaurant. maybe you'd be able to eat it outside but it's buffet style. if you are still concerned I'd email admissionsgood advice thanks!