You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Mine was exactly 6 weeksWhen do people usually hear back after ii?
Hi everyone! This may be a silly question, but this is my first in person interview so here it goes- I'm interviewing this week and am concerned about footwear with the weather in Philly rn. I would typically wear heels, but am cooncerned about walking outside in the snow/cold. Should I bring a different pair of shoes in a purse and change? Not sure what the etiquette is for this... Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
girlonamission11
Full Member
Is anyone's portal for the 1/24 interview updated? also, for girls, what is the fit that everyone is going with?
hjr_helppppp
Full Member
for accepted students, Do you guys get the access blocked error when you try to access the student portal and canvas etc
jellybeann123
Full Member
so sorry:/ did you receive this today?pre-II R
yup at like 11am...submitted on 9/16so sorry:/ did you receive this today?
EndlessWater
Full Member
A today! Interviewed 12/13.
HPWL second year in a row.... Jefferson as top choice school second year in a row and my hopes are dashed 🙁 I moved to Philly partially for this school.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
also wondering thisAnyone know when the admitted students facebook group comes out?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
the attestation and acceptance of admission offer is non binding, right?
when did you get the Call?A today! Interviewed 12/13.
Yes, I believe it says so in your acceptance email.the attestation and acceptance of admission offer is non binding, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
it doesnt specifically state that about the attestation but i think im overthinkingYes, I believe it says so in your acceptance email.
EndlessWater
Full Member
Sorry, just saw this. Call was around 12:30 PSTwhen did you get the Call?
incomingmd11
Full Member
Radio silence since July here too...located in Philly too smhAnybody else hear nothing from Jefferson yet? Complete since late July, no hold or other communication since
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Anybody else hear nothing from Jefferson yet? Complete since late July, no hold or other communication since
+2, also live and work in phl so it makes me sadRadio silence since July here too...located in Philly too smh
+1Anybody else hear nothing from Jefferson yet? Complete since late July, no hold or other communication since
+2, also live and work in phl so it makes me sad
I guess we’re still under consideration since SKMC sends out pre-ii Rs, but waiting this long definitely doesn’t help my confidence in getting an ii lol
tiptonlondon
New Member
For those that already interviewed, what advice do you have? This is my first in person interview and I don’t know what to expect.
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
Honestly, don't be stressed. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable and lead you through the day very well. They do provide lunch at a great Italian restaurant. Be friendly and get to know the other applicants; that was probably the biggest + of an in-person interview. If you have specific questions just PM me.For those that already interviewed, what advice do you have? This is my first in person interview and I don’t know what to expect
I’m also in Philly… is anyone with complete silence located outside of Philly?
I’m also in Philly… is anyone with complete silence located outside of Philly?
Other than UPenn I think Jefferson has the lowest IS II% rate of the schools in PA according to MSAR. It’s still higher than the OOS rate but is def low compared to other schools
Other than UPenn I think Jefferson has the lowest IS II% rate of the schools in PA according to MSAR. It’s still higher than the OOS rate but is def low compared to other schools
That’s true but I think it has to do with Jeff interviews in person.
It’s possible that they think out of state students are less likely to fly out after they get any acceptances, so they’re interviewing them first.
being a PA resident sucks lmao
Accepted students facebook group/group me?
Just bringing this back to the top
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
can someone make a groupme lolJust bringing this back to the top
This might be wrong but I thought Jefferson considers Delaware residents to be IS not PA?
Not sure how MSAR counts it but they def have strong bias for Delaware residents
calmandrain
Full Member
What do you mean by updated?Is anyone's portal for the 1/24 interview updated? also, for girls, what is the fit that everyone is going with?
calmandrain
Full Member
From reading the thread it seems like interview day is really relaxed here. Did any of the faculty interviewers throw any curveball questions? What is the best way to prepare? Just standard interview questions?
Last edited:
calmandrain
Full Member
Also for those who interviewed, did you ask your student and faculty interviewers for their email to send a thank you note?
microlil88
Full Member
My student gave me hers without me asking. I was able to look up my faculty easily, but I think it would be okay to ask if you'd prefer to do it that way.Also for those who interviewed, did you ask your student and faculty interviewers for their email to send a thank you note?
D
deleted1124957
Just now?pre-II R. complete in September
jimmytherockstar
Full Member
You can email admissions for your interviewers emails too!Also for those who interviewed, did you ask your student and faculty interviewers for their email to send a thank you note?
yesJust now?
Yes you can email them to the admissions office!Does Jeff accept pre-II updates
calmandrain
Full Member
Did any accepted students here send them a letter of interest (not intent) shortly after their interview? Would it increase my chances of acceptance post II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mdcomingsoon
New Member
yes they said this is fine though like we shouldn't have access yetfor accepted students, Do you guys get the access blocked error when you try to access the student portal and canvas etc
mdcomingsoon
New Member
can someone make a groupme lol
theres a Facebook group now!!Just bringing this back to the top
microlil88
Full Member
theres a Facebook group now!!
where did you find the group link?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
thank u!theres a Facebook group now!!
calmandrain
Full Member
Is it ok if I carry a purse with me during the interview day?