You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jblackster
Full Member
LM 72.80Mind sharing any stats?
midwesty1996
Full Member
Good luck to all the ED applicants waiting to hear back tomorrow!!! From the few of you I got to meet on interview day, I know the school would be so lucky to have you 🙂 go get those A’s!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondaries on 7/17, and my app still says ready and not under review. Anyone on the same boat?
Not exactly- mine has been under review since I submitted i think or not too long after.. anyone else?I submitted my secondaries on 7/17, and my app still says ready and not under review. Anyone on the same boat?
+1 Been under review since 7/17Not exactly- mine has been under review since I submitted i think or not too long after.. anyone else?
boomchickapow
Full Member
+1Not exactly- mine has been under review since I submitted i think or not too long after.. anyone else?
horsegirl_doctor
Full Member
It seems like most people were automatically marked under review after submitting so I thought it was their equivalent of 'complete' and meant nothing, but since you're still marked as ready now I'm not so sure. Does anyone know the difference, if any?I submitted my secondaries on 7/17, and my app still says ready and not under review. Anyone on the same boat?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
hi all-
does anyone know how to reschedule the interview? i know on the II email it mentions you can reschedule on the amp portal if youre more than a week out. please dm me or lmk if anyone has done this or figured out how, im not seeing any options for it
does anyone know how to reschedule the interview? i know on the II email it mentions you can reschedule on the amp portal if youre more than a week out. please dm me or lmk if anyone has done this or figured out how, im not seeing any options for it
I think you have to email somebody for thathi all-
does anyone know how to reschedule the interview? i know on the II email it mentions you can reschedule on the amp portal if youre more than a week out. please dm me or lmk if anyone has done this or figured out how, im not seeing any options for it
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
I dont think so, in the email it says if it is more than a week before your interview, you can reschedule in the portal.I think you have to email somebody for that
do you think its better to use this as a "why jefferson" question or use this to address academic inconsistencies?+1 OOS
What is the "additional information" question for? Is it for literally anything at all I want to add?
I used it as a why Jefferson. I found some elements of their school/curriculum that aligned closely with my experiences and medical practice goals and then wrote about that.do you think its better to use this as a "why jefferson" question or use this to address academic inconsistencies?
I submitted my secondaries in 7/17 and have not heard from them, it's been under review for two months now, does anyone relate?
bstomd2024
Full Member
+1I submitted my secondaries in 7/17 and have not heard from them, it's been under review for two months now, does anyone relate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1I submitted my secondaries in 7/17 and have not heard from them, it's been under review for two months now, does anyone relate?
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
Yep I submitted 7/2 and still nothingI submitted my secondaries in 7/17 and have not heard from them, it's been under review for two months now, does anyone relate?
stinkygoose00
Full Member
+1 submitted 7/9I submitted my secondaries in 7/17 and have not heard from them, it's been under review for two months now, does anyone relate?
BumperGravy84
New Member
Is there a group chat/forum for current Sidney Kimmel students? I have an in-person interview on Oct 30-Nov 1 and I was wondering if a student could host me during my stay. The hotels are pretty expensive and I don't want to go too much over the school's reimbursement budget if possible.
If the school does not offer student hosting as a part of your interview information, I don't feel it is appropriate for you to use their current student chat to ask for this favor.Is there a group chat/forum for current Sidney Kimmel students? I have an in-person interview on Oct 30-Nov 1 and I was wondering if a student could host me during my stay. The hotels are pretty expensive and I don't want to go too much over the school's reimbursement budget if possible.
I haven't seen any school offering student host lodging since the onset of the pandemic.
BumperGravy84
New Member
Yeah I don't think SKMC officially offers student hosting. That makes sense though, thanks!If the school does not offer student hosting as a part of your interview information, I don't feel it is appropriate for you to use their current student chat to ask for this favor.
I haven't seen any school offering student host lodging since the onset of the pandemic.
garnmonster
Full Member
i know a current student and while i can’t promise anything will come of it, i can ask them if they/anyone else would be willing to host. you can PM meIs there a group chat/forum for current Sidney Kimmel students? I have an in-person interview on Oct 30-Nov 1 and I was wondering if a student could host me during my stay. The hotels are pretty expensive and I don't want to go too much over the school's reimbursement budget if possible.
helloworld172
Full Member
Good intentions overall but it sounds like the start of a horror movie loli know a current student and while i can’t promise anything will come of it, i can ask them if they/anyone else would be willing to host. you can PM me
ScreamingMüller
New Member
I'm interviewing at SKMC on Nov. 1 and have to stay an extra day because there aren't any decent flights. Is anyone else stuck in the same situation, if so, what're you going to do to pass the time?
garnmonster
Full Member
not interviewing but am local. i recommend reading terminal market, restaurants in chinatown (can give more specific recs), and the mütter museum. the museum of art is also pretty coolI'm interviewing at SKMC on Nov. 1 and have to stay an extra day because there aren't any decent flights. Is anyone else stuck in the same situation, if so, what're you going to do to pass the time?
D
deleted1012716
I'm interviewing at SKMC on Nov. 1 and have to stay an extra day because there aren't any decent flights. Is anyone else stuck in the same situation, if so, what're you going to do to pass the time?
Reading terminal market and any of the museums/historical sites that fit your interests. Also, head over to any of the other schools you applied to around Philly. Since most others have virtual interviews, this is a good opportunity to actually see the local area, which is huge.
dontcrampyourstyle
Full Member
Also, if you want the best Philly cheesesteak in town, Angelo's is the place to go! (it's cash only so make sure to stop at an ATM before you go)I'm interviewing at SKMC on Nov. 1 and have to stay an extra day because there aren't any decent flights. Is anyone else stuck in the same situation, if so, what're you going to do to pass the time?
midwesty1996
Full Member
I interviewed a few weeks ago and had some extra time! We got lunch at Middle Child and would forsure recommend, the sandwiches are awesome. We also went to Graffiti Bar for dinner which was really good and had an awesome vibe.I'm interviewing at SKMC on Nov. 1 and have to stay an extra day because there aren't any decent flights. Is anyone else stuck in the same situation, if so, what're you going to do to pass the time?
letthemusicplay
New Member
Does anyone know when decisions will be released?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
midwesty1996
Full Member
I interviewed September 20th and they said the earliest day they can release decisions is Monday Oct 16thDoes anyone know when decisions will be released?
cupcake311
Full Member
Looking at the interview day layout and it doesn’t say what time the faculty interview is - anyone who already had it know?
+1 interviewed 9/13Just got the HP WL email :\ Congrats to the As!
Why the decision email and the portal message are different?
Email:
“The Sidney Kimmel Medical College Committee on Admissions has carefully reviewed your application. You have been placed on the High Priority wait list by the Committee."
Portal:
"The Sidney Kimmel Medical College Committee on Admissions, after reviewing your application, has placed you in the Alternate Category."
Email:
“The Sidney Kimmel Medical College Committee on Admissions has carefully reviewed your application. You have been placed on the High Priority wait list by the Committee."
Portal:
"The Sidney Kimmel Medical College Committee on Admissions, after reviewing your application, has placed you in the Alternate Category."
+1💪💪💪A to Jefferson!!!!
WL received this morning - congrats to all future MDs!
cupcake311
Full Member
They are interviewing into Jan now so still plenty of time I thinkDoes anyone know if they are still sending out interviews because I submitted my secondaries on 9/16.... would this be a good time to email them or is this considered an R???
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
does anyone know if they accept update letters, couldn't find anything on the portal or website
I think they do (from Frequently Asked Questions ):does anyone know if they accept update letters, couldn't find anything on the portal or website
How do I maintain contact and demonstrate interest in my application to SKMC?
To maintain the integrity of the admissions process at SKMC, all communications concerning your application, including the interview, should be emailed to: [email protected]. Please include "Attention: Committee on Admissions" in your email subject line. You may also call our offices directly: 215-955-6984.
midwesty1996
Full Member
Shaking nearly too much to type this, but got the call at 1:50pm!!!! Got the A!!!!
Edit: interviewed 9/20, OOS
Edit: interviewed 9/20, OOS
Last edited:
OOS A! 🎉 Interviewed 10/04
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS HPWL
LM 80.3
AAMC says "Applicants are offered acceptance from the waitlist as spots become available during our rolling admissions process" Does that mean they offer acceptances off the WL at any time or is there a specific date they start moving people from the WL?
LM 80.3
AAMC says "Applicants are offered acceptance from the waitlist as spots become available during our rolling admissions process" Does that mean they offer acceptances off the WL at any time or is there a specific date they start moving people from the WL?
Turtle Chaser
New Member
OOS A. Would love to connect with some other accepted students so PM me if you would like to chat! I am very excited about attending Jefferson!