-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
No i haven’t received confirmation either. Tomorrow is my 4th, but still wanted to make sureHas anyone gotten the confirmation for their interview date? My second choice was for tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything back…
medguy0824
Full Member
they send emails for II's right? not one of those schools that you have to check the portal for
Yes they send emails for both interview invites and acceptances (and pretty much everything else as far as I've seen)they send emails for II's right? not one of those schools that you have to check the portal for
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
Can anyone share a bit more about the interview day? Are there 1 or 2 interviews? How was it?
2 interviews, one was traditional and the other one was behavioralCan anyone share a bit more about the interview day? Are there 1 or 2 interviews? How was it?
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
Each an hour?2 interviews, one was traditional and the other one was behavioral
Would you say they were more conversational or did they have a set list of questions they have to ask us?2 interviews, one was traditional and the other one was behavioral
my behavioral an hour or so and my traditional was more like 30 minutesEach an hour?
both had a list of questions although I feel like the traditional interviewer had more leeway on what questions to askWould you say they were more conversational or did they have a set list of questions they have to ask us?
premed155180
Full Member
for those who have been accepted: Are the "In-Person Campus Tours" that they emailed us about yesterday...are they essentially "second-look" days? Or are they different?
Does Miami ghost?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Does Miami ghost?
historically, yes. My friend got his official rejection last cycle in August 2023 after he had started at a different school. i guess they wait til their classes start before rejecting ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sphino10x
Full Member
historically, yes. My friend got his official rejection last cycle in August 2023 after he had started at a different school. i guess they wait til their classes start before rejecting ?
[emoji2357]
iconliving
Full Member
A just now!!
Caroline Decker
Full Member
Congratulations!!!!! When did you interview? and did they email or call you? I interviewed around the third week of January and they told us we'd hear back by mid-February and I'm getting worried.A just now!!
caffeineaddict99
Full Member
Got the A! Interviewed 1/22
iconliving
Full Member
thank you!! i interviewed january 25th, they sent an email around 6:30Congratulations!!!!! When did you interview? and did they email or call you? I interviewed around the third week of January and they told us we'd hear back by mid-February and I'm getting worried.
Caroline Decker
Full Member
Congrats, thats awesome!!! Were you accepted normal MD, MD/MPH, or MD/PhD (or multiple)?Got the A! Interviewed 1/22
caffeineaddict99
Full Member
Thank you! Just MDCongrats, thats awesome!!! Were you accepted normal MD, MD/MPH, or MD/PhD (or multiple)?
premadbaddie
Full Member
Did people who sent in an update post-II receive a confirmation they received it?
What is a behavioral interview?
2 interviews, one was traditional and the other one was behavioral
It's a closed file interview where they ask you a bunch of scenarios...either a "tell me a time when you [blank]" or they'll give you a scenario and you'll walk through it.What is a behavioral interview?
Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.
i got one last nightDo you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.
Congrats! When did you submit?i got one last night
Mid-July, average stats, OOSCongrats! When did you submit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plasticgirl
Full Member
Anybody get an II with a bad CASPER score? Lol
I was 2nd Quartile and I got one.Anybody get an II with a bad CASPER score? Lol
I got 1st quartile and got one lmaoAnybody get an II with a bad CASPER score? Lol
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
II Today also! IS LM 70
ovoxodoc23
New Member
II Today! OOS / 517 / 3.2GPA / 4.0 Masters
When were you complete?II Today also! IS LM 70
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
When were you complete?
Not sure when I was marked “complete” with all the changes with Miami admissions early on in the cycle but I submitted everything on my secondary on 6/30/23
Do they accept letters of interest/ update letters pre-II? Im desperate
Do they accept letters of interest/ update letters pre-II? Im desperate
They don’t unfortunately, I tried to send one and they said they weren’t taking them because they’re so behind
I submitted around late July-ish (literally one day before the portal shut down, lol) and I got my II early Feb.For those getting II did you submit secondaries around July, trying to see where they’re out with reviewing applications? I was complete around early September but hoping
Mammothhighway
Full Member
I do not see it either, also accepted in December.
Also, have any accepted students received info about a second look?
I haven’t gotten any second look / tour info besides those February tour dates from a week or so ago
caffeineaddict99
Full Member
I was accepted last week and Miami is showing up on mine. Did you submit the letter of intent to accept their decision (not commit but just approve the acceptance)?For those who were accepted, can you see Miami in your "choose your medical school" tool? I was accepted in December but nothing is coming up on my end.
Mammothhighway
Full Member
I was accepted last week and Miami is showing up on mine. Did you submit the letter of intent to accept their decision (not commit but just approve the acceptance)?
Yeah your talking about the survey/qualtrics thing to save your seat right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Did anyone who received an interview invite yesterday get assigned an interview date yet?
Yes got mine confirmed today
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Does anyone know how much of the class spots are full/ how many interviews they have sent out? I’ve heard they are behind this year.
chocolatemuk11
Full Member
What's the estimate for wait time after interviews? I know there is some biweekly wednesday meetings but how long after the interviews are people getting decisions?
Well the accepted students Facebook group (accessible from the website) it appears there's about 11 people who've accepted (likely more). I think I've counted 15 or so acceptances on this thread, and if you conservatively estimate that's 10% of the total acceptances that would be at around 150, maybe 200 if you want to be generous. I think they accept ~600 each year judging from the past, so we've still got time (especially since II's are still going out).Does anyone know how much of the class spots are full/ how many interviews they have sent out? I’ve heard they are behind this year.
For my interview completed Friday they said we should expect to hear Mid-MarchWhat's the estimate for wait time after interviews? I know there is some biweekly wednesday meetings but how long after the interviews are people getting decisions?