You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chocolatemuk11
Full Member
Iceheart37
New Member
Did anyone else’s acceptance email say “You have been accepted to the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program and the joint MD/Masters of Public Health (MPH) Program”? Am I correct in assuming I can still pick between these two until I have committed or does this mean I was only accepted MD/MPH? I ask because I was recently offered merit aid (for which I’m super thankful), but I’m hesitant to commit to the MPH due to it being binding. I am eager to attend Miami but believe I would prefer to remain MD-only.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think your assumption is correct, but probably worthwhile to email them and confirmDid anyone else’s acceptance email say “You have been accepted to the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program and the joint MD/Masters of Public Health (MPH) Program”? Am I correct in assuming I can still pick between these two until I have committed or does this mean I was only accepted MD/MPH? I ask because I was recently offered merit aid (for which I’m super thankful), but I’m hesitant to commit to the MPH due to it being binding. I am eager to attend Miami but believe I would prefer to remain MD-only.
premadbaddie
Full Member
Anyone have more information about what dates they'll have on-campus things? I know their save the date says April but hoping for more specific dates
DocImaynalla
Full Member
historically, yes. My friend got his official rejection last cycle in August 2023 after he had started at a different school. i guess they wait til their classes start before rejecting ?
For real. I gotta figure out if I should resign my lease or notcan miami just put me out of my misery it was the first secondary i sent and now it's the last one i'm waiting to hear ANYTHING back from 😭
dandy101
Full Member
In Feb they sent three dates for on-campus visit opportunities for that month (the first option was 2 days after they sent the email). They said they would be sending similar emails for March and April. Hoping they do so with a little more time to plan ahead but it should be coming soon I guess!Anyone have more information about what dates they'll have on-campus things? I know their save the date says April but hoping for more specific dates
For those who have been interviewed, do they also email the WL/Rejection decisions on the same day(s) as they send out acceptances? Also, I know that most Wednesdays the past couple months have been days where they released decisions, with a couple exceptions, so does anyone know if today is a decisions day/has anyone received a decision today yet?
chocolatemuk11
Full Member
I don't think anybody has any idea. but i am waiting as well right now but this definitely could be an off week since they released decisions the past two wednesdays in a rowFor those who have been interviewed, do they also email the WL/Rejection decisions on the same day(s) as they send out acceptances? Also, I know that most Wednesdays the past couple months have been days where they released decisions, with a couple exceptions, so does anyone know if today is a decisions day/has anyone received a decision today yet?
chocolatemuk11
Full Member
OOS A!!!!! LM 73 Submitted july. Interviewed feb 19. email received at 6:21 EST
OOS A, LM 70 interviewed 2/19, MD/MPH and MD
OOS WL, interviewed 2/13
Am I cooked?
Am I cooked?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
OOS A!!!!!!
IS WL, also 2/13OOS WL, interviewed 2/13
Am I cooked?
Iceheart37
New Member
How was the dual acceptance worded for you? I’m trying to figure out if I’m in the same boat.OOS A, LM 70 interviewed 2/19, MD/MPH and MD
coolhuevos
Full Member
OOS WL, interviewed 2/19. Anyone familiar with WL movement? 🥲
I’ve been IS waitlisted since like beginning of December 😭 but there’s been a few pulled off it so far I thinkOOS WL, interviewed 2/19. Anyone familiar with WL movement? 🥲
I saw an AAMC page on waitlists from med schools and it said UM usually offers 300 seats and like 75 of those get accepted ://I’ve been IS waitlisted since like beginning of December 😭 but there’s been a few pulled off it so far I think
coolhuevos
Full Member
Ah, that's really great to hear, actually! Wishing you the best of luck!!!I’ve been IS waitlisted since like beginning of December 😭 but there’s been a few pulled off it so far I think
300 waitlist **I saw an AAMC page on waitlists from med schools and it said UM usually offers 300 seats and like 75 of those get accepted ://
yea it was the same wording as yoursHow was the dual acceptance worded for you? I’m trying to figure out if I’m in the same boat.
premadbaddie
Full Member
lol same exact thing happened to meI was accepted for the MD/MBA program which I am excited to do, but I don’t 100% remember applying for the joint program. Has anyone else had this, or can I be sure about being in the MD/MBA program?
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
Is there a GroupMe/fb group?
airfryer101
New Member
I see a lot of 2/19 interviewees getting As today. Is it safe to assume if I interviewed 2/19 and didn’t hear anything today that’s an R? Or should I still hold out hope for the A? 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my understanding they don't send out post-II R's; I think everyone ends up waitlisted?I see a lot of 2/19 interviewees getting As today. Is it safe to assume if I interviewed 2/19 and didn’t hear anything today that’s an R? Or should I still hold out hope for the A? 😭
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
I interviewed 2/23… I am so shocked with the turn around time! And grateful
Is there a GroupMe/fb group?
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
for those who've interviewed, did you guys write 2 individual thank you letters?
Last edited:
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
I wrote 2 individual thank you letters to each interviewer's email. Had a nice response from one of them.for those who've interviewed, did you guys write 2 individual thank you letters?
Iceheart37
New Member
It’s on their academic calendar which you can pull up if you search it in Google, but I believe July 1st vs. August 8th for MD-only.I know the MD/MPH program starts in the summer, but does anyone know what month it begins?
qwerty1234567890
Full Member
Is the UM waitlist ranked? Has anyone on this thread received an A after being placed on the waitlist?
I just emailed them to ask that very same question, I’ll let you know if I get a response 🙏🥲Is the UM waitlist ranked? Has anyone on this thread received an A after being placed on the waitlist?
did anyone else have one of their interviews be w the dean of admissions (Dr. Perry)? and if so…. how did that work out for u… LOL
did anyone else have one of their interviews be w the dean of admissions (Dr. Perry)? and if so…. how did that work out for u… LOL
I did, and I got in! She is so nice and it was a great experience!
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Just curious: did anyone else who also had that strange interview scheduling screen glitch back in July also receive an interview? Thought it was a fluke at the time but I did end up getting an interview eventually.
chocolatemuk11
Full Member
i got accepted 3/6 and mine shows. I would just email them and they will fix it.I still don’t see my acceptance on CYMS, anyone else?
What are the stats babyyyy... we all wanna know!complete 7/1, omg just got a II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Student2000!
Full Member
OOS LM: 72, mcat: 513, gpa: 3.8What are the stats babyyyy... we all wanna know!
Did anyone get a confirmation email about accepting their waitlist spot? I also didn't get one for my update letter either so I wonder if they even received any of them.
They don't accept pre-II letters, but if you get a II you can send updates then.Is it worth sending a letter of interest IS pre-II?