2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well the accepted students Facebook group (accessible from the website) it appears there's about 11 people who've accepted (likely more). I think I've counted 15 or so acceptances on this thread, and if you conservatively estimate that's 10% of the total acceptances that would be at around 150, maybe 200 if you want to be generous. I think they accept ~600 each year judging from the past, so we've still got time (especially since II's are still going out).
They only interviewed 541 people last cycle per their website.
 
What’s the portal link? I submitted early Sept and got an email saying my secondary was recieved but not a link to a portal to check the status of my application? Also has anyone who submitted early Sept gotten an II?
 
What’s the portal link? I submitted early Sept and got an email saying my secondary was recieved but not a link to a portal to check the status of my application? Also has anyone who submitted early Sept gotten an II?

Seems like they’re still reviewing July/ August submits as I’m in the same boat and the portal link I believe should have been in the email they sent when they said your application was complete
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well the accepted students Facebook group (accessible from the website) it appears there's about 11 people who've accepted (likely more). I think I've counted 15 or so acceptances on this thread, and if you conservatively estimate that's 10% of the total acceptances that would be at around 150, maybe 200 if you want to be generous. I think they accept ~600 each year judging from the past, so we've still got time (especially since II's are still going out).
I literally couldnt find the accepted students group when I got in, prbly bc the name is different from what previous years are called. I think they've accepted more than whats on there fs
 
Did anyone who got an interview invite on monday not get a confirmation for their interview date yet? I submitted the form on Monday, not sure if I should be worried
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after acceptances are sent out did people hear back about the dates for accepted students visits? I was recently accepted and need to know about the dates so I can schedule time off from work
 
OOS II today! LM 75. I haven’t read through the thread yet so I’m not sure if this is answered already but are these interviews for the WL?
I don't believe so? Someone on this thread mentioned last year someone who got interviewed mid-March got a full acceptance. Also to my understanding Miami doesn't outright reject post-II immediately (though someone can correct me if I'm wrong).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like they’re still reviewing July/ August submits as I’m in the same boat and the portal link I believe should have been in the email they sent when they said your application was complete
Hmm the email I got on Sept 9th said they got my completed secondary application and if I have any questions to email them. I haven’t heard anything since - even tried to email them to check on the status of my application like 2 months ago and did not hear back
 
When people received interview invites, did the email explicitly say you are interviewing for MD and MD/MPH, or just MD? Bc I applied for both but my email just says MD program
 
When people received interview invites, did the email explicitly say you are interviewing for MD and MD/MPH, or just MD? Bc I applied for both but my email just says MD program
I have the same question! if anyone knows how the md vs md/mph interview process works please let me know!
 
I have the same question! if anyone knows how the md vs md/mph interview process works please let me know!
My email only said MD but I was interviewed by md/mph faculty with questions specifically about why mph; along with regular md questions. It’s two separate apps though because 150 are only md and 50 and md/mph so your app will be reviewed separately but with the same interview components
 
A picture like this was going around for the 2021-2022 cycle:
Does anything like this exist this year?
1709500639793.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone complete in September receive an interview yet? Other comments allude to the school being a bit behind this cycle, hope this means more opportunities at II's for us.