2023-2024 Michigan State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During MMI’s do you always begin by restating the scenario to the interviewer or do you just begin by discussing your response as soon as you enter. Also, do you introduce yourself prior to beginning discussion or just jump right in?
 
Last edited:
During MMI’s do you always begin by restating the scenario to the interviewer or do you just begin by discussing your response as soon as you enter. Also, do you introduce yourself prior to beginning discussion or just jump right in?
I think it depends on your own personal approach and style. I typically don't repeat but I had an MMI interviewer that said it doesn't matter too much. In order to be concise is effective it probably is not necessary as it would be reiterated naturally in the conversation would be my best response.
 
Last edited:
This thread is dead but I am commenting to see if anyone on here already got accepted through early assurance we can start the accepted students gc
 
Does anyone know the latest complete date for getting an II at CHM so far? I saw someone complete on 8/9 get an II but I don't know if that's the latest thus far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who has interviewed, were you able to send thank you emails to anyone from the MMI or the student interview? I didn't get anyone's specific email, and am considering sending a thank you email to general admissions but am not sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regarding your question about CASPER I can tell you that each school weighs the test differently so it depends on the school you are applying to. And not all the medschools actually look at the CASPER test. I know for McMaster that they take it as 1/3 of your application I believe.
I believe they just use CASPER and PREview for their own research lol - aka it won't effect your app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad